Chapter 51: The Strange Encounter & Regret
3.8k 22 147
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Log in~...or not? Hmm? 

Where's this place? It's all flabby and meaty and gory. Far from my stylish Player Room. Someone with less courage than me would have fainted if they came here..., okay. I'm also getting weak in my knees. Please tell me this is a bug. I wanna go home...

A presence! No, seriously! There's someone..., not behind me? Over there! ...wrong again...

"Hey, get out here already! Why'm I-whoa-!?" - Garami

Something grabbed me by my legs and lifted me into the air! I threw a Fireball at whatever it was and escaped. Let's stay silent that I sorta burned my legs...

But this confirms that it's the game world. Or else I wouldn't have been able to cast Fireball. The question is why this is happening. Did the login fail in some strange way?

Khe-hehehe... See you later...

*Shiver*-!? What was..., that strange, don't-know-how-to-call-it voice? It felt like I was hearing a bunch of people, old and young from various genders and species (as in monster species), and it was recorded in a wind tunnel and I heard it through a filter that includes a nasty BGM made from the sound of nasty big-ass sea currents and goopy sounds like the sound effects from a Lovecraft-based movie.

I did NOT want to find out what made that "voice", and I couldn't, luckily. Something like a trapdoor opened right below me, and before I knew it, I fell into my bed in my Player Room.

"...what was that? No, let's forget about it. Just send a message of a potential bug to the management and forget about it." - Garami

Some stuff out there's better not to know. Let's rather change gears and figure out what to do today... A System Message?

SYSTEM MESSAGE:

You have cleared the Quest: [Kick Those *****'s Butt!!!!].

You have obtained 15.0 Aether Points.

Your favorability with the Blackmarket Guild has drastically increased.

Through clearing this Quest with the following bonus requirements: 
[No Witnesses]; [Undetected Assassination]; [Complete Robbery]; [Lair Destruction]; [Revealed Secret];
You have acquired the title: [Observed by the Corruption Goddess]

You have acquired the title: [Destroyer].

You have acquired the title: [Forbidden Item User].

Your Karma Value has fallen drastically.

You have acquired the title: [True Chaos].

Hey, hey, hey, hey..., HEY!! WHAT'S THIS SUPPOSED TO MEAN!!??

---

"Here's your drink." - Waitress

"...thanks." - Garami

I handed the girl some tips and started sipping the contents of the beverage while mentally holding my head. The talk of the other adventurers in the Union hall's tavern area didn't lift my mood either. 

"They said it was some terrorist organization..."

"The amusement park was cursed!"

"Criminals right underneath our noses..."

"Did they get divine punishment or something...?"

Ah, I can't taste my drink...

Last night, the stupid bomb that stupid lolicon gave me turned out to be some sorta erosion-type bomb. It released a burst of "Death aether" or something and gradually made the old dock that the amusement park was standing on rot away. The whole place fell into the ocean. And said bomb's something prohibited by the law in most countries in the game world...

...should I see the fact that the decay of their hideout busted the dark secrets of the Lunalatics and got them all in the slammer as something that surpasses all these bad titles I've obtained?

Title Name: Destroyer
Acquisition condition:
  • Destroy a certain amount of human-crafted constructs.
Effects:
  • Passive increase to item-destroying actions: [Small]
Status enhancements upon equipping:
  • STR: +10
  • MAG: +10
Description:

Proof of having destroyed many manmade objects. 

Title Name: Forbidden Item User
Acquisition condition:
  • Use an item forbidden by the law. 
Effects:
  • None
Status enhancements upon equipping:
  • INT: +10
Description:

Proof of having used an item that the law has forbidden its usage. This title may prevent you from gaining access to certain cities, towns, and countries.

Title Name: True Chaos
Acquisition condition:
  • Reach a Karma Value of a negative 200.
Effects:
  • Locks your Karma Value on -200.
Status enhancements upon equipping:
  • All stats: +30
Description:

The proof of your chaotic existence. All of Order steer clear of you, all those of Neutral upbringing flees from you. A life of chaotic madness is your fate, and even that fate is something you fight against. The gods of good and justice will not tolerate an evil person, but can they handle you?

Title Name: Observed by the Corruption Goddess
Acquisition condition:
  • A great deed of chaos. 
Effects:
  • ?????
Status enhancements upon equipping:
  • All stats: +50
Description: "I am watching you. Do not bore me."

No, never. It's impossible. They're too bad. I know I was talking about going on the bad-guy route, but this is ridiculous! And the last title's plain scary! But its stats are nice...

Equipping the last title could lead to trouble, both with the other players and the "inhabitants", so I'll stick to [True Chaos] for now instead of [World Quest Clearer]. As for the rest..., let's hope they never see the light of day. One of them can send me to jail.

As for those extra AP..., let's save them. And go to the library to see if there are any classes that I want. It doubles as improving [Linguistics] anyway. Then I could recruit more teachers to the dojo. The Amazoness-demon that acts as the Warrior-line teacher in the Dojo facility did wonders with Nyx and Nala these last two days.

Nyx learned the [Close Quarters Combat] skill, something that lets its owner use "combat arts" of the unarmed kind, plus giving positive correction to unarmed combat.

My own [Dagger Proficiency] does the same, but it's for daggers, and I don't have a "combat art skill" yet, so I'm only using the secondary effect.

And after teaching Nyx the CQC skill, the Amazoness then proceeded to train Nyx's skill to Lv.3 right away. She even added some training to get [Dark Claw] to Lv.2 and [Prediction], of all things, to Lv.3. Even the newly-bought [Evasion] skill reached Lv.2.

As the icing on the cake, the Amazoness taught Nyx the arts of being a Monk. I had a screenshot when I bought the class for Nyx somewhere...

Class: Monk
Rank: Intermediate
Class-line: Warrior
Requirement conditions:
  • Quest: "First Ki Lesson"
  • Skill: [Close Quarters Combat]
  • MP: 150+
  • STR: 150+
  • Own no "weapon proficiency"-type skills.
Stats:
MP+ STR+ RES+ INT-
Class traits:
  • Unlocks Ki-manipulating skills.
  • Improves the effect of ki-related battle arts.
  • Decreases MP-consumption of ki-related skills/battle arts by [class level / 10]%.
  • Cannot obtain "weapon proficiency"-type skills.
Description:

The Monk class is a special close combat-type Warrior-line class that is more dependent on MP to access special battle arts related to ki. Monks cover their fist and legs with ki to grant their attacks additional effects and destroy their opponent from the inside. The downside is that they cannot use orthodox equipment such as swords or spears.

The class grants skills related to the usage of ki and skills related to unarmed combat in general.

If using your arms and legs is enough for you, but you want some flair to your combat, then take this class.

There we go. Monk's a physical mage, but without magic. Nyx obtained some ki-controlling art. From what I could see from its skill description, it lets you use ki by consuming MP to perform special combat arts. Like the "Element Blow" arts that copies the properties from one of your Element skills. 

Name:  Nyx | [Garami's Follower]
Race: Umbra Servant | Tamed Creature
Gender: Female
Level: 10/50 
Traits: 2
Karma Value: -17
Main Class: Monk Lv.4
Skills: 11
Titles: 6
Aether Points: 20.8
HP: 193/193 [+10] MP: 150/150 [+10] SP: 76/76 [+10]
STR: 187 [+10] VIT: 186 [+10] MAG: 80 [+10]
RES: 215 [+10] SPD: 108 [+10] DEX: 141 [+10]
INT: 77 [+10] LUC: 106 [+10]

Skill List:

Spoiler
Skill List:
Ability Skills:
[Mana Lv.1]    
Attack Skills:
[Ki Combat Arts (Attack) Lv.2] NEW, UP1 [Dark Claw Lv.2] UP1 [Dark Drain Lv.3]
Magic Skills:
[Mind Trick Lv.3]    
Passive Skills:
[Close Quarters Combat Lv.3] NEW, UP2 [Evasion Lv.2] NEW, UP1  
Perception Skills:
[Prediction Lv.3] UP1    
Elements:
[Lesser Darkness Talent Lv.4]     
Monster Skills:
[Demon's Presence Lv.2]  [Demon's Curse Lv.3]  [Demon's Shapechange (Crude) Lv.1]
[collapse]

Titles:

Spoiler
Title List:
Status Titles:
[First Quest Cleared] NEW [First Boss Kill] NEW [Dungeon Cleared] NEW
Hunting Titles:
[First Kill: Beast] NEW    
Status Titles:
[Garami's Follower]  [First Clearer of Atlantirana Library] NEW  
[collapse]

As for Nala, that Amazoness taught her the Bouncer class. It's damn useful for her who's fighting bare-handed, even if it's killing her potential future as a magic caster. 

Class: Bouncer
Rank: Intermediate
Class-line: Warrior
Requirement conditions:
  • Quest: "Beatdown Survival"
  • Skill: [Taunting]
  • HP: 150+
  • VIT: 150+
  • RES: 150+
Stats:
HP+ STR+ VIT+ INT-
LUC-      
Class traits:
  • Unlocks defensive arts skills and skills related to attracting damage and keeping others unharmed.
  • Increases the effect of defensive-type skills. 
  • Improves the chance for attracting enemies with Taunting-type skills.
Description:

The Bouncer class of the Warrior line provides a strong body that shall guard the class owner's allies against any danger. But the owner requires a strong mind to withstand the pain from constant attacks. It could be seen as a self-sacrificing and heroic class.

The class grants skills related to the arts of tanking damage, attracting the aggro of enemies, and punishing whoever tries to ignore the Bouncer.

If you have the confidence to withstand any punishment for your team, this is your kind of class.

Ah, and she's improved her [Taunting] skill, plus the new [Cover] skill she obtained alongside the new class.

Name:  Nala | [Garami's Follower]
Race: Sea Stalker | Tamed Creature
Gender: Female
Level: 15/50 
Traits: 2
Karma Value: 8
Main Class: Bouncer Lv.3
Skills: 9
Titles: 1
Aether Points: 15.2
HP: 243/ 243 [+10] MP: 140/140 [+10] SP: 166/166 [+10]
STR: 195 [+10] VIT: 193 [+10] MAG: 88 [+10]
RES: 157 [+10] SPD: 111 [+10] DEX: 152 [+10]
INT: 83 [+10] LUC: 139 [+10]

Skill List:

Spoiler
Skill List:
Ability Skills:
[Greater Health Lv.1]    
Attack Skills:
[Water Blow Lv.2]    
Active Skills:
[Cover Lv.3] NEW, UP2 [Taunting Lv.3] UP2  
Passive Skills:
[Masochistic Constitution Lv.1]    
Elements:
[Lesser Water Talent Lv.1] [Lesser Ocean Talent Lv.1]  
Monster Skills:
[Power Tentacle Lv.2] [Sneak Tentacle Lv.1] [Sea Creature Lv.1]
[collapse]

Titles:

Spoiler
Title List:
Status Titles:
[Garami's Follower]     
[collapse]

Mhm, this looks good..., too bad neither of them can help me kill the rumors. If some Lulalatics remnants ever find out I was the one...then nothing bad will happen?

I mean, any potential evidence that I was the culprit must have sunk into the ocean, and only if there was anything at all. Plus, I acted in disguise, so why should they suspect me? Rather, won't acting all scared and trying to stay under the radar make me look sus instead?

With that in mind, let's change gears and not be bothered about last night's events. There's also the next event that starts soon, so I should prepare. They've given no new info about it, so I should be ready for anything. Even improving [Linguistics] in the library could give me a chance. Also, I wanna scout some more teachers for the Dojo. One for both the Mage-line classes and the Scout-line classes. 

Also, I have to think about how to get rid of the stolen goods. Not that I don't know some people that specialize in stuff like that.

---

"Master Ronandart, miss Garami has arrived," said the maid as she let me into the lolicon's office.

"Garami! Our guardian angel, well done last night! Those kidnapping whippersnappers have lost any means of continuing in the underworld! My many thanks-" - Lolicon

"Then you can start excusing why you gave me such a nasty bomb!" I shouted back to the lolicon geezer who was all smiles and happy faces when I entered. 

"Hmm? For crooks like them, the Death-and-Decay Bomb should be the least, don't you think?" - Lolicon

Tilting your head cutely won't help you here!!

"I don't! But I want to dump the stuff I stole, so give me a good price." - Garami

"Pleased to do business with you. Follow the servant to the storage, then they will appraise the goods for you," - Lolicon

"You better not be cheating on me with the price after all this mess." - Garami

"Hohoho~. I would never. Especially since it would turn an immortal walking lucky charm against us." - Lolicon

"...lucky charm?" - Garami

"Oh? You did not know? The Secret Guiding Ring we lent, no, that we gave you, it only has a success rate of 1%." - Lolicon

"...did you wish for me to fail?" - Garami

"It was an impossible mission from the start, or so we thought. That is why we gifted you many items that would conceal your identity as well." - Lolicon

"...I want to buy some stuff, so give me a discount. A big one." - Garami

"Pleased to do business with you. And here, take this brochure. It contains most of the items we have for sale at this branch." - Lolicon

There are more of these places? As expected of people who call themselves an underworld guild. 

After dumping the big amount of stolen goods for the appraisers to take a look at them, I waited for them to finish while looking at the stuff I could buy in the waiting room. Geez, they got almost anything at this place. Maybe a new vault for my Player Room would be...hmm? Wait, they even sell "stuff" like this? ...interesting. 

---

Name:  Garami | [True Chaos]
Race: Dark Udug | Player 
Gender: Female
Level: 14/50 
Traits: 2
Karma Value: -200 <Chaotic>
Main Class: Demonic Rogue Lv.17
Sub Class: Demon Caller Lv.8
Skills: 26
Titles: 19
Aether Points: 15.8
HP: 75/75 [+30] MP: 230/230 [+30] SP: 116/116 [+30]
STR: 114 [+30] VIT: 66 [+30] MAG: 119 [+30]
RES: 105 [+30] SPD: 212 [+30] DEX: 254 [+30]
INT: 131 [+30] LUC: 279 [+30]

Skill List:

Spoiler
Skill List:
Ability Skills:
[Mana Auto-Recovery Lv.3]  [Magic Lv.3] [Speed Lv.3] 
[Dexterity Lv.3]  [Luck Lv.3]    
Attack Skills:
[Dark Drain Lv.3]     
Magic Skills:
[Mystical Threads Lv.3]     
Crafting Skills:
[Create Traps Lv.3]     
Active Skills:
[Lurk Lv.8] UP2 [Small Inventory Lv.6] UP3  
Passive Skills:
[Dagger Proficiency Lv.4]  [Demonic Combat Lv.2]  [Throwing Lv.3] 
[Evasion Lv.4]  [Parkour Lv.4] UP3 [Surprise Attack Lv.3] 
[Linguistics Lv.4]  [Dismantling Lv.3]  [Auto-Map Lv.3]  
Perception Skills:
[Detect Monsters Lv.5]  [Detect Treasure Lv.7] UP1 [Identification Lv.3] 
Leadership Skills:
[Demon Taming Lv.4]     
Elements:
[Lesser Darkness Talent Lv.4]     
Monster Skills:
[Sleep Demon's Touch Lv.3]  [Demon's Presence Lv.3]  [Weakness Evil Eye Lv.3] 
[collapse]

Titles:

Spoiler
Title List:
Achievement Titles:
[Quest Novice]  [Emergency Quest Clearer]  [Giant Killer]
[Merciless] [First Boss Kill]  [Alternative Boss Clear] 
[Dungeon Clearer]  [World Quest Clearer]  [Raid Clearer] 
[Destroyer] NEW [Forbidden Item User] NEW  
Hunting Titles:
[First Kill: Arachnid]  [Spirit Slayer]   
Status Titles:
[First Evil Eye]  [Dungeon Ruler]  [Nightmare Carnival Participant] 
[First Clearer of Atlantirana Library] 
[True Chaos] NEW [Observed by the Corruption Goddess] NEW 
[collapse]
147