Chapter 3 – A Knight
2.1k 13 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is 5 advanced chapters on my Patréon. Please consider to support me because I wanted to make this my full-time job!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

*****

Arturia was speechless while looking at the girl in front of her. Could it be, the girl that she chased earlier was stealing something from the girl in front of her?

“I think you are misunderstanding something, Miss. I am not a thief. If you are searching for a thief, she was running away earlier when I helped this young man behind me.” Arturia said to the girl while looking over her shoulder to look at the young man behind her.

She saw that the young man just stood there motionlessly while looking at the girl in front of Arturia. She sighed in her mind and thought. ‘Did he fall in love with that girl at first sight?’

Arturia was familiar with the young man’s expression as she saw a lot of her friends fall in love at first sight with someone else.

“Young man, maybe you could help me explain it to her?” Arturia’s voice brought the young man from her daze.

“O-oh, that’s right! The lady here helped me from being kicked by thugs! She’s a super nice lady!” Shouted the young man.

Seemingly attracted by the young man’s shout, Arturia saw a handsome man with red hair entering the alleyway. The man was young, he was wearing a white uniform, seemingly made with high-grade material. He also has a sword strapped on his waist like Arturia.

From the way he carried himself, Arturia somehow understand that the man is a knight, much like herself.

“Greeting, is there something that happened here?” Asked the young man with red hair in a polite tone.

The red-haired man was looking around the alleyway and got surprised a little when he saw a girl with platinum silver hair.

Arturia took note of his reaction and guessed that the girl is maybe someone famous enough that the man behind her recognized her.

Arturia turned, looked at the red-haired man, and returned his greeting.

“This young man over here was ganged up by 3 men and I saved him. For the lady over there, it seems that she lost something and tried to get it back from the thief. Unfortunately, it seems that she misunderstood me being the thief while the real thief was running away from here when I saved the young man.” Explained Arturia in a polite tone.

“I see, that’s certainly worrying. May I know your name, Miss?” Asked the red-haired man.

“Indeed, where is my manner. My name is Arturia Lily, a Knight from Britain. It’s nice to meet you. Please call me Arturia.” Arturia introduced herself in a knightly manner, something that she copied from the real Arturia. She put her right hand on her left chest while bowing her head a little.

When she raised her head, she saw a surprised expression from the red-haired man. But he quickly regained his calm and introduced himself.

“It’s nice to meet you, Miss Arturia. My name is Reinhard van Astrea, the sword saint of the Lucigna Kingdom. Please just call me Reinhard.” The red haired-man, Reinhard was politely introducing himself, befitting a knight.

Arturia just nodded her head at his introduction. “Certainly, Sir Reinhard.”

“U-um.” A soft voice was calling for her from behind. Arturia turned to look at the girl from before was approaching her in a rather awkward movement and said.

“I’m sorry for suspecting you as a thief! But, the thing that was stolen from me was important, so I was panicked.” Explained the girl to Arturia.

“Do you need my help? I can help you get your item back if you want to.” Offered Arturia.

When the girl was about to say anything, the young man beside her was shouting. “Miss Arturia! Don’t worry about it! I will help her get back her item!”

Arturia looked at the young man with a curious expression. The young man indeed fell for the girl, but she think that he didn’t need to go that far-right?

“I-I appreciate your help, but I think I can get it back by myself.” The girl said that and was about to leave.

But suddenly, a flying cat appeared and said. “Just take his offer, Lia.”

“Puck?” Said the girl while looking at the flying cat, Puck.

“I think you can trust him, he has no malice directed towards you!” Said the flying cat.

“W-well, then I will take your offer!”

“Good! By the way, my name is Natsuki Subaru, nice to meet you, Lia-tan!” Said the young man- Subaru as he extended his hand.

“My name is Emilia, just Emilia. Nice to meet you.” The girl- Emilia took his hand and shakes it.

Arturia who was ignored walked towards Reinhard and said.

“It seems that he will help her. I will excuse myself as I need to find an establishment to spend a night in. I hope we can meet again, Sir Reinhard.” Said Arturia as she walked out of the alleyway.

“Ah- wait, Miss Arturia.” Reinhard stopped Arturia from leaving while extending his hand.

Arturia stopped and looked at Reinhard while tilting her head. “Is something matters, Sir Reinhard?”

Reinhard nodded his head a little. “Could you accompany me for a while? I wanted to ask something.”

Arturia was a bit reluctant to agree to his request. But, when she thought carefully, she could also ask about this kingdom from Reinhard. So she asked Reinhard.

“But, aren’t you on a patrol right now?”

Reinhard looked at his attire and scratched his cheek with his index finger. “Actually, I’m off duty right now.”

Hearing his answer, Arturia nodded her head and said. “Then I will be in your care, Sir Reinhard. I’m a stranger to this Kingdom, so please allow me to ask a question back.”

Reinhard made a gesture with his right hand. “Sure, can we walk as we are talking? I think we could double it as a patrol if we are talking while walking.”

A smile crept on Arturia’s face as she said. “I thought you were off duty?”

Reinhard also smiled and said. “I am, but nothing is wrong with keeping the civilians save, no?”

Arturia agreed with his reasoning and nodded her head. “Indeed, then shall we?”

“Sure.” Answered Reinhard before he walked beside Arturia.

71