Chapter 22 – The Help
1.1k 3 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The place that Arturia took Subaru was the Knight Barrack. The reason why she went here was to find Reinhard and tell him about what Subaru had said.

Arturia knew that Reinhard was able to find out a lie. That was why she took Subaru to look for Reinhard. She trusted her instinct, but it was better to have Reinhard confirmed Subaru’s word for her.

When she arrived at Knight Barrack with Subaru, she was greeted by the guard that was guarding the entrance of the barrack.

The guard saluted at Arturia and asked, “Arturia-sama! It’s an honor to meet you here! May I know why are you visiting the Barrack?”

Arturia nodded her head a little, gesturing the guard to relax, and answered him.

“I wanted to meet Sir Reinhard, it is an urgent matter.”

“Sir Reinhard was it? If I remember correctly, Sir Reinhard was patrolling with Sir Julius. I think you will be able to meet them if you go to the plaza.” Said the guard as he pointed in the direction of the plaza with his right hand.

Arturia looked in the direction that the guard pointed at before turning back to the guard.

“I see, thank you.”

“No, Arturia-sama. It was my job.” The guard answered with a smile and bowed his head to Arturia.

After getting the rough location of Reinhard, Artura went to the plaza with Subaru. On the way to the plaza, Subaru who walked behind Arturia hastened his pace and walked beside Arturia.

“Hey, why are we looking for Reinhard?! We need to move fast to help Emilia.”

His tone was that of concern, but Arturia just looked at him with a calm expression and said.

“No, Hakugei was one of the three Great Beasts. If what you told me was the truth, then we will need help from the Knights or Mercenaries. One strong person can indeed change the battlefield, but we are not omnipotent. I and Reinhard will deal with Hakugei, you need to ask for help from Julius to help you with Witch Cult.”

“Julius? Why did I need to ask him for help?” Asked Subaru with a confused tone.

“He had influence within Knight sphere, so it will be beneficial for you if you befriend him. But, don’t you anger him and shout like what you did at the Royal Selection conference. If Reinhard didn’t stop you, you will just embarrass yourself in front of Emilia and the other people.”

Subaru bit his lip at the mention of that by Arturia. That was true, he was about to shout and defend Emilia at the conference. But, he did nothing wrong in his opinion. He just wanted to help Emilia from getting bullied by Priscilla.

“What was wrong with that?” Muttered Subaru.

Arturia could hear his mutter, and so she looked at Subaru with a serious face.

“I don’t know what you will say yesterday, but I know something was wrong since you shouted. I bet you were thinking something like ‘Every candidate had their own knight, why don’t I protect Emilia as her knight?’ or something like that?”

“What’s wrong with that?! They were selected as a Knight because they were born as one right?! Even you were like that, aren’t you?”

Arturia stopped on her track after Subaru said that. He looked at Subaru as if she was looking at a fool.

Subaru also stopped at his track and looked at Arturia. When he looked at Arturia’s expression, he knew that he screwed up and began to panic.

‘Calm down Arturia. He was from Earth, he didn’t know anything about Knight. And you were from Earth too, no need to get mad because of his words.’

Arturia took a deep breath to calm herself and walked towards the plaza again. Subaru followed Arturia instantly while stuttering.

“U-um, that was…”

“Don’t worry, I will forget that words just now. I am not so petty to be offended by your words, you don’t know about me after all.”

They continue their walk in silence, which lasted until Arturia found Reinhard and Julius walking side by side while talking about something.

“Sir Reinhard!” Arturia called out to Reinhard and managed to gain his attention.

Julius also looked over at Arturia and bowed his head lightly as he put his arm on his chest when he saw Arturia.

Arturia approached them and said.

“Sir Julius, you don’t need to bow at me now. I am in a Knight Uniform like you, so technically I am not acting as royal candidates right now.”

Julius raised his head and smiled at Arturia, “No, Arturia-sama is a Royal Candidate no matter how you dressed up. Not only that, I respected your strength and your humbleness. If you don’t mind, I would like to request a spar in the future.”

“Please ask me anytime, Sir Julius. Unfortunately, right now there was an urgent matter from this young man here.”

Arturia stepped back and the two Knights looked at Subaru who stood behind Arturia.

“Subaru?” Asked Reinhard.

Julius looked at Subaru as he narrowed his eyes.

“Tell them, Subaru. This place was perfect to tell them your story. The noise from the other people would drown out your voice.”

Subaru nodded his head at Arturia's advice and looked at Reinhard and Julius with a serious face. He bowed his head at them and said.

“Please… please help me to save Emilia. She is in danger from Witch Cult’s attack.”

At the mention of Witch Cult, Reinhard narrowed his eyes. Julius was a bit skeptical about what Subaru said, and he had no reason to help Subaru as Emilia was the rival of his lady.

But, there must be a reason why Arturia, the other candidates brought Subaru to him. That was why he asked.

“Why we must help you?”

Subaru raised his head and looked at Julius’s eyes with a determined look.

“There is an Archbishop amongst the attacker. My goal is to save Emilia, I don’t care if you take the glory of taking down the Archbishop. That much will help you to gain recognition from the Civilians, right?”

Julius’s eyes widened in surprise. He put his hand on his chin and thought carefully. After a while, he looked at Arturia.

“Are you sure you won’t help him, Arturia-sama? If you took down an Archbishop of Witch Cult, that achievement would help you ascend to the throne faster.”

Arturia gave Julius a smile and said.

“I have another goal. It seems alongside the Witch Cult, Hakugei would appear too.” Arturia looked at Reinhard with a smile on her face.

Reinhard realized her goal because they just talked about it earlier. Julius also understood what she meant by that and looked at Reinhard. After seeing the smile on Reinhard’s face, Julius looked back at Subaru.

“I see, then allow me to help. Witch Cult had possed as a danger to all Countries in this world. I will ask my lady about this.”

Subaru had a big smile on his face after he heard Julius’s answer.

“Yoshaaa!!” He shouted as he raised his arms to the sky.

“But!” As Subaru was celebrating his success, Julius cut his off. “We will only take care of the Witch Cult. The rest of saving Emilia-sama is up to you.”

Subaru looked at Julius, still with a smile on his face.

“Don’t worry about that. I have my own way!”

Arturia looked at them silently as he walked and stopped beside Reinhard. She looked at Reinhard and whispered.

“It seems we need to hasten our preparation, Sir Reinhard.”

Reinhard looked back at Arturia and answered, “It seems so. But, I found something after patrolling while asking the market to prepare for our Beasts Hunting. It seems we are not the only one who targeted Hakugei this time.”

There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 27 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

46