Chapter 37 – Celebratory Party
1k 6 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Where are we exactly?”

Merlin raised his index finger and smiled.

“I honestly don’t know where are we. It’s a different world.”

Because Merlin answered with a tone that looked like he was joking, Arturia sighed and crossed her arms.

“I know that this place is a different world. But, how different this world compared to Earth?”

“Really different. First, this world has an edge. From that edge, giants waterfall fell to nothingness that’s still a mystery for this world. It seems the world was not originally like this.”

Arturia nodded her head at Merlin’s explanation. From the history book that she read in the library of this mansion, she found out about something.

“Half of the world was destroyed by a person called Witch of Envy. Say, Merlin, compared to you, how strong is that witch? I wanted to know the strongest entity in this world, so I can prepare myself. I don’t want to be ambushed like earlier, not again.”

Merlin laughed at Arturia and then he pointed at himself.

“My King, don’t worry about being ambushed again. Do you forget that the most graceful grand caster is on your side?”

Arturia’s eyes widened slightly before she closed them and smiled. She remembered the thing that all Grand Caster, or Grand Caster candidate had in common.

Clairvoyance. All Grand Caster candidate had Clairvoyance.

Solomon can see the past and the future. King Gilgamesh had Sha Naqba Imuru which can predict the future.

While Merlin, being the Grand Caster himself also had a Clairvoyance that was above the ordinary caster level.

“That’s true. You have that Clairvoyance, the eyes which can see through the world. Not only that, as this is another world, that means you don’t use your magical energy to observe the whole world?”

“That’s correct. You can say that I came from a different timeline from the other. I am just me, and my job is to make a King.”

Merlin spread his arms and had a big smile on his face. His eyes were glistening, and he looked at Arturia with the gaze of an older brother.

It was strange for Arturia, but she trust Merlin even though it was the first time she met him.

She didn’t know if it was because of her new memories, but she felt like Merlin was a close friend, someone who has been together with her for a long time.

"Then I will ask you, Merlin. Can you watch what Sir Reinhard do right now? I trust him, but I don't trust the Sage Council."

"I see. The Sage Council holds the power in place of the missing royalty. I will do as you wish, my King."

As Merlin said that, he closed his eyes and used his Clairvoyance. Arturia looked at the movement of Mana inside the room and saw that the mana was concentrated on Merlin's surroundings.

The effect was brief, but because of Arturia's sensitivity towards mana, she was able to feel it.

A few seconds later, Merlin opened his eyes and crossed his legs while putting his hands on top of his thigs. He smiled and said.

“It seems that things are going to be interesting in a few days.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, your knight will inform you in a few minutes. But, I will tell you right now...”

***

Reinhard arrived in his mansion and opened the gate. When the gate was opened, he saw Arturia and Merlin standing right beyond the gate.

Arturia was wearing the knight clothes while Merlin was still wearing his Magus clothes but he put his hoodie on.

“Shall we go?” Asked Arturia as she stepped forward, exited the gate.

Reinhard didn’t know what happen, but then Merlin approached him and patted him on his shoulder.

“We need to hurry, right? Let’s go, Sir Knight.”

He was still confused, but Reinhard nodded his head at Merlin and then turned to follow Arturia.

They caught up to Arturia and then Reinhard asked.

“How did you know? I was just told by the Sage Council about it earlier.”

“Hahaha, there is nothing that I don’t know.”

“Merlin used his sight. If that disturbs you, then I apologize, Sir Reinhard. While I trust you, I don’t know what those in Sage Council would pull, so I asked Merlin to spy on them.”

Reinhard’s eyes widened and then he smiled.

“I see, so the gaze that I felt was you?” He asked Merlin as he raised his right hand.

“Hoho, as expected you can feel that. Yes, that was me. Truthfully, I was surprised when you glanced in my direction.”

“And I also got surprised when I felt someone watching us. But because I thought that the one who watched was an ally, I didn’t cut it down on spot.”

“Hahaha, my King was the one who asked me. By the way, must I introduce myself at the party? No, let’s change the question. How should I introduce myself at the party?” Merlin asked Arturia and Reinhard.

Arturia was planning to introduce Merlin at this party when he said that the Sage Council will hold the Celebratory Party because the expedition troops managed to kill Hakugei and drove away 2 Sin Archbishops.

Merlin’s question was also a problem. How should Arturia introduce Merlin?

She had introduced herself as someone from beyond the waterfall, from Great Britain. Should she introduce Merlin as the Magician from her country?

No, that’s a fool thing to do.

“Let’s tell them honestly. Merlin, I hope you don’t mind performing the party?”

Merlin was smart. He immediately knew what Arturia had planned and give her his best smile.

“Sure, a little Magecraft to introduce myself is preferable.”

Arturia nodded her head at Merlin’s answer. But then, this time Reinhard was confused. He heard an unknown word, and so he asked.

“Magecraft?”

Arturia and Merlin looked at Reinhard at the same time and Arturia realized that Merlin had slipped an unknown word for Reinhard.

She facepalmed and then said.

“Explain it to Sir Reinhard about Magecraft, Merlin.”

Merlin stopped on his track and shouted.

“Me? It’s my fault?”

Arturia ignored Merlin and walked at a faster pace than before. Reinhard smiled wryly and scratched his cheek.

Merlin sighed and then he caught up to them and began explaining about Magecraft to Reinhard. He just told him the basics, but Reinhard understood Merlin’s explanation as if he was a sponge absorbing the knowledge instantly.

The party of three arrived at the castle and they were welcomed to enter. The one who welcomed them asked for Merlin's name to announce that they had arrived.

When they entered the party venue, Merlin tapped the tip of his staff against the floor, and pink flowers appeared from thin air, filling the party venue.

“One of the King Candidate, Arturia Pendragon-sama. With her Knight and Magician, Reinhard von Astrea and Merlin have arrived!”

The announcement made all participants look at them. Instantly, they were the focus of the party and Arturia smiled warmly to give a good impression to the people who attended the party.


There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 42 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

43