Chapter 45 – a Sacrificial Pawn
718 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After her speech, Arturia left the newly built troop to Merlin and went towards the office that was built for her with Felt.

Because Felt had visited the barracks a few times, she knew the location of the office.

She guided Arturia inside the building and proceed to the highest floor. The building had 4 floors. The first floor was filled with bathrooms, a warehouse, and a cafeteria. The second and third floors were the sleeping quarter for the troops while the fourth floor was the office and guest rooms.

They also built Arturia’s room right beside the office, in case she wanted to sleep in the room after working on documents until late at night.

Her main residence right now was still Reinhard’s mansion. She now called it Reinhard’s mansion after she knew that there was a different Astrea manor in the capital.

“Nee-san! I got my own room here too, so if you wanted to stay here, I will stay with you!”

They were now walking on the fourth floor of the building. There was only 5 room, with one of the room having a double door. That was Arturia’s office, and it was located right in front of the stairs.

On top of the door was a sign with the words ‘Office’ written in Lugnica’s language.

“So my room is located on the left of the office while your room is located on the right of the office, is that it, Felt?”

Arturia who was guided by Felt had remembered everything and she asked only for confirmation.

“Yeah! But I still sleep in old man Rom’s house sometimes. But, if you want my company, you can call me anytime Nee-san!”

Felt was beamed in a smile and she raised her right hand full of spirit.

Arturia smiled at Felt and petted her head when she saw her adorable act.

“Thank you, Felt, but I think that it will be hard. You are training with Merlin too, right?”

When Arturia mentioned Merlin, Felt’s smile crumbled from her face and her expression changed into that of displeasure.

“Why must I learn from that guy. He’s terrible, I tell you!”

Arturia chuckled and crouched a little to match Felt’s gaze.

“Even if Merlin loves pranks, he will not do anything that went past a line … “

Even though she was the one who said that when she remembered what Merlin did to Arturia in Camelot, she turned her face away from Felt.

“Maybe…”

Arturia lowered her hand that was on Felt’s head and put her hands on top of her knees.

“Nee-san…” Felt had a concerned tone and looked at Arturia with an understanding gaze.

“So he did something to you, huh.”

“Ha-hahaha.” With an awkward smile, Arturia turned to Felt again and stood up.

“Let’s not talk about that. But, you will be able to get stronger if you train with Merlin. At least you can trust him in that matter.”

Felt looked at Arturia suspiciously. It was not like she didn’t trust Merlin’s strength, but she didn’t think that the prankster would be able to train her to become stronger.

Seeing Felt’s expression, Arturia smiled and put her hands on her hips.

“You don’t believe him?”

Felt nodded her head.

“Yeah, Nee-san. He’s a Magician, right? How can he train me as a scout?”

“He can. Although Merlin looked like that, he’s my tutor too in the past and now.”

“No way!” Shouted Felt.

“That’s true, so you can count on him too. By the way, shall we go down to the cafeteria? Isn’t it lunchtime?”

“Right! Let’s go!”

***

Both of them entered the cafeteria and Arturia was looking around. The cafeteria was big and now all the people from the troop gathered here for lunch.

There were around 15 long tables and 30 long chairs. Each table had two chairs on each side, so the troops sat together and ate their meal with each other.

These arrangements were proposed by Merlin to add solidarity to the troops.

They will be able to chat with each other, deepening their bonds. So, when they were on the battlefield, they will cover each other without any need for order.

Their morale will also stay at its best when they knew that they had reliable comrades beside them.

Merlin also asked Arturia to visit the troops when she had the time to.

Now, she planned to eat together with them and Felt.

A lot of them were already eating, only 5 people were lined up to wait for their food.

Unexpectedly, Merlin had yet to line up and was waiting for Arturia near the door of the cafeteria.

“My King, you have arrived. I have prepared your meal, please follow me.”

“Oh, Merlin. Good job.” Arturia answered Merlin.

Felt was hiding behind Arturia when she saw Merlin, afraid that she will become a target of his prank again.

Merlin looked at Felt with an amused gaze. He put his hand on his chin and smirked at Felt while muttering.

“What should I do next?”

Because of Arturia’s superhuman body spec, she was able to hear what Merlin muttered and looked at him with a narrowed gaze.

“Merlin, it’s better if you decrease your prank against Felt. Train her to become a good scout.”

“Oya, I am busted. Don’t worry, my King. I was training her all this time. Right now I trained her lower body by making her chase after me at her highest speed. If she’s able to catch me, then her training is over.”

“I know about that, but think about Felt’s feeling.” Arturia glanced at Felt that held her clothes and saw her nodding her head a few times.

Merlin also looked at Felt. But, when their gaze met with each other, Felt stuck her tongue out.

“Bleegh!”

Merlin laughed at what he saw and then turned to Arturia.

“I guess I will change my target then.” He had a rather playful smile that made Arturia feel a chill on her back.

She quickly raised her hands in front of her and said.

“When I think about it again, I guess you can train Felt as you like. Use whatever method that you see fit! Well then, I am hungry so I will eat my meal first!”

Arturia ran at a fast speed, leaving Felt with Merlin.

“N-Nee-san! How could you!” Felt shouted and extended her hand in an attempt to stop Arturia.

However, Arturia didn’t even stop and she sat in the chair that Merlin had prepared in advance.

“Thanks for the meal!” She clapped her hands while looking at the ceiling.

‘Sorry Felt, but I don’t want to become Merlin’s target.’

The troops that saw that were laughing. They didn’t know that Arturia, their superior would be the kind of girl that could joke around.

The atmosphere turned better and they ate their meal happily, with the sacrifice of one unlucky girl.


There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 50 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

30