Chapter 47 – Training the Troops
668 5 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A day passed, Arturia stayed in her new room in the barrack after she told Reinhard about it.

She told him that she wanted to look after the training of her new troops, and he allowed her to stay reluctantly.

Merlin had gone for a night already, he was now collecting information about Natsuki Subaru, the man that Arturia suspected as Magician who hold the Fifth Magic, Blue.

The Magic has a connection with Time, which was similar to Subaru’s ability to somehow know the future.

The morning routine in the barrack was simple.

Arturia woke up and then washed her face. She then changed into Lugnica’s knight uniform, put her Excalibur and Avalon strapped in her waist, and went out the field to look at the troops’ training.

She was in charge of the training today while Merlin was working his ass, collecting the information about their rivals.

When she arrived at the training field, the troops had lined up nicely in 5 rows to the back. Each row consisted of 10 men.

Felt was nowhere to be seen. The sun had yet to rise, so Arturia guessed that Felt was still sleeping in her room.

Arturia stood in front of the rows and then looked around before she shouted.

“Alright, can one of you tell me your usual morning training? I ordered Merlin for something, so he won’t be able to look after you today.”

The troops’ faces brightened. They were happy because that white-haired bastard was not here to make a mess.

“Don’t be too happy.”

Arturia’s next word made the troops look at her. She then smiled happily while looking at the troops.

“Someone that I trained a long time ago said that my training was similar to a lion. As you know, maybe, Lion sent their cub to the dangerous forest alone, without any company. So, be prepared for my training.”

It was as if hope had left them, the troops’ face turned grim in an instant. They had yet to start, but they had a bad feeling, especially the former mercenaries under Rom.

They looked at Arturia as if she was a monster, the witch that destroyed the world.

‘We are dead!’ most of the troops had the same thought and gulped their saliva at the same time when they looked at Arturia’s harmless smile.

“Well then, troops! Took a position to run. For now, let’s see.”

Arturia looked at the field and then nodded her head a little.

“50 Laps will do. I will run behind you, and anyone that’s taken over by me will get punishment later!”

The troops were silent, they didn’t believe what they heard.

Arturia was a bit displeased by the silence, so she narrowed her eyes and shouted.

“Is that clear?!”

Finally, the troops had snapped out of their surprise and shouted.

“””YES SIR!!”””

“Then run now!”

Arturia now had no other activities except for training the troops. There was nothing she could do in the meantime Merlin was collecting the information.

To act in the future, she needed that information. The information that she got from Reinhard was insufficient. He only knew something inside the Capital, or he deliberately didn’t tell Arturia about the situation outside the Capital.

Arturia trust Reinhard, but she knew that Reinhard was chained to the law too.

She further researched Reinhard’s law that was established by the country, and it was ridiculous.

That was why…

‘I’m really glad that Merlin is here. I can ask him something that Sir Reinhard doesn’t know or can’t divulge to me.’

Arturia found something that restricted Reinhard’s action in the law. He couldn’t act freely outside of Lugnica, and he must follow the authority’s order.

So, although he vowed to be Arturia’s Knight, he still needed to run some errand for Sage Council.

He also can’t divulge any secret that the Sage Council ordered him to keep.

If the Sage Council ordered Reinhard to not tell Arturia about the situation outside Lugnica, then Reinhard won’t tell Arturia.

The case was different for Merlin. He was Arturia’s direct man, he didn’t have any law that restrict him to act freely.

Hence, even Reinhard was glad that Merlin could help Arturia.

However, even at the Sage Council’s order, Reinhard had no obligation to tell them about Arturia. He was a Knight, so he will keep his vow.

The troops had passed 10 laps as Arturia thought about the information that she had right now.

The pace of their run had slowed down a little.

She noticed that and shouted from behind.

“The punishment will be another 50 laps! Keep your pace, soldiers!”

When the troops knew about the punishment, their pace was back to normal again. They were shouting with all their energy.

“That’s good, 40 laps to go!” Arturia was also happy to see that they had the zeal to finish their training.

“””OOOHHH!!”””

***

After a while, the troops finished their 50 laps.

They collapsed as soon as they finished running. The field was big, so 50 laps were too much even for trained knights.

However, Arturia was fine. She was standing amongst the collapsed soldiers while crossing her arms.

“A-P-Pendragon-sama, h-how could y-you be fine a-after running 50 laps?”

The soldier that collapsed near Arturia asked her while trying to catch his breath. He was sitting while looking up at Arturia from the side.

“Hmm, that’s still not much though.”

Arturia herself was confused. But then she noticed something.

‘Come to think of it, did Avalon recover my fatigue too? That’s good then.’

She then looked around the troops and smiled.

“Well then, let’s have breakfast! You guys deserve it!”

The troops were happy, they raised their hands and praised Arturia.

“Goddess! She’s a goddess if we compare her with that white-haired bastard!” One of the soldiers put his hand together as if he was praying to Arturia.

“Ooo, I’m sorry for calling you demon earlier, Pendragon-sama!”

“She’s an angel, guys! I want her to be our trainer from now on!”

They keep calling Arturia with a lot of monickers. It made Arturia think.

‘Merlin, how bad are you managing the troop? They are happy with just getting a breakfast time.’

“Alright, go clean yourself and get your ass to the cafeteria! We will continue the training after breakfast.”

“””YES SIR!!!”””


There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 52 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

29