Chapter 50 – Investigation Concluded
645 8 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5 days passed after Merlin went to collect information.

The days went like usual with Arturia looking after the soldiers.

Reinhard also occasionally stopped in the barrack to give the soldiers a basic knowledge of knight’s etiquette and the basic use of Gate.

He was helpful in that area, however, he was almost useless when Arturia asked him to have a spar with one of the soldiers.

The problem was not that Reinhard couldn’t spar with the soldier, but he was too strong.

Even when he was holding back, the soldier couldn’t even land a hit on him, causing the soldier to lose his confidence.

Fortunately, Arturia stopped the spar immediately and asked the soldier that sparred with Reinhard to fight with another soldier.

The day changed into the night, the night changed into the morning.

It was now the sixth day after Merlin went to collect information in Mathers territory.

Arturia was standing on the side while the soldiers were running in the field with Felt. Now they could easily run 50 laps without collapsing, showing the result of 5 days of training.

When the soldiers passed the 40 laps, Arturia felt a presence behind her and turned around at a fast speed, raising her guard in case the one behind her was an assassin.

What she saw behind her was a familiar man, it was Merlin. He raised his right hand.

“I’m back.”

“Welcome back, how is it?” Asked Arturia.

“It’s a bit … interesting but...” Merlin smiled at Arturia and looked at the soldiers.

The soldiers noticed Merlin and they all had a big smile on their faces.

“Finally!”

“He’s back!”

“WE ARE FREEE!!”

“What are you doing to them, my King?” Asked Merlin to Arturia with a curious face.

He looked at Arturia with interest as he stroked his chin.

Arturia tilted her head in confusion. She looked at Merlin with an innocent face as if she didn’t know something that she did was a little excessive.

“Hahahaha.”

Merlin laughed loudly while holding his stomach when he saw Arturia’s reaction.

“What’s wrong?” Asked Arturia in a concerned tone.

She was worried about Merlin, especially after he had just come back from investigating Mathers territory.

“Are you sick?”

Merlin’s laughter became louder after Arturia said that.

“Hahahaha, s- I’m sorry about that My King.”

He was finally able to stop his laughing and look at Arturia. She was still looked confused.

The soldiers in the distance were also done with the last 10 laps and approached Merlin by running.

“White Hair!! We are glad that you come back to us!”

“Yeah! We love you, Merlin!”

Getting a confession from a female was an almost everyday thing for Merlin in the capital. However, this was the first time he got a love confession from soldiers.

He then looked suspiciously at Arturia and asked.

“So, My King. I will repeat my question.”

Arturia nodded her head a little, she had a feeling that she screwed up over something.

“What did you to them, My King? They are happy to see me, and that’s strange.” Merlin pointed his index finger, pointing to the location behind Arturia.

Arturia looked back and saw the soldiers had a big smile on their faces. Some of them even cried loudly while shouting, “MERLIN!! We’re glad you had arrived!”

She now knew that she had screwed up. She slowly turned to Merlin and said.

“The usual training of that boy. I still remember the time when I trained with him, he’s able to do it.”

Merlin blinked a few times and asked.

“I’m sorry? But who is that boy?”

Arturia looked at Merlin with a little smile on her face.

“The boy who wants to become the hero. I gave them his usual training. You know about him, no?”

“Ah! You are talking about that boy.” Merlin bumped his fist to his palm, as the image of the boy in question clicked in his mind.

He then looked at Arturia with a smile.

“I’m sorry but are you crazy, My King? There is no way a normal soldier could withstand that training.”

“What did you say?” Arturia was a bit pissed when Merlin called her crazy. She raised her voice and pointed her index finger at him.

“I am certainly not crazy. He was able to withstand the training when he was around 18 years old, and you told me that a trained soldier was not able to withstand the training regime?”

Sigh, of course not.” Merlin sighed and looked at Arturia seriously.

“My King, you are being surrounded by a lot of genius, maybe even monster so you will not realize the capability of normal soldiers.”

The soldiers behind Arturia nodded their heads repeatedly, agreeing with what Merlin had said.

“They will not be able to withstand the training that even the boy had a hard time of. And that boy in question is a future Heroic Spirit. That’s just impossible.”

Arturia then knew what was wrong. She touched her chin for a while before looking back at the soldiers.

They were indeed exhausted, their faces told her all about it.

“I see, forgive me. I didn’t account for that possibility.”

She never trained anyone in this world, so she took the standard of a boy that she trained before.

Merlin said that the soldiers were not on the level of Camelot’s Knight, so she took the easiest training that she remembered.

And that was when she was in the fifth holy grail wars.

“I will lower the difficulty of our training from now on.” Said Arturia.

The soldiers’ faces brightened and they saluted.

“””YES SIR!!”””

Arturia smiled as she saw them.

“Now, get some rest and eat in the cafeteria. All of you are dismissed!”

“””YES SIR!!!”””

They shouted louder than before. With the same movement, they turned back and ran to the cafeteria, leaving Felt behind with Merlin and Arturia.

“Now Merlin, let’s go to the office and talk about the information that you get.” Said Arturia with a serious face.

“Of course.”

She then turned to Felt.

“Felt, can you call Rom to this place? I want to make use of his knowledge as an elder.”

“Ou, leave it to me, Nee-san!”

Felt raised her right hand and ran towards the exit of the Barrack.

Seeing Felt disappear outside of the barrack, Arturia turned to Merlin again.

“Let’s go.”


There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 55 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

23