Chapter 52 – Prohibition
1.7k 13 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days passed, Arturia was now in her office while holding her head.

“This is a problem.” She muttered to herself.

No one was in the room, she was looking at a piece of paper that was in her hand.

Her face that usually stoic and had a little smile now had turned into a frown. The reason was the paper in her hand, it was a letter from a noble in Lugnica.

“To think they would make a move at this time. I have yet to finish my investigation concerning Natsuki Subaru too.”

The paper in Arturia’s hand was a notice that was sent from the Noble in the Capital. They noticed that Arturia had been building an army, training a soldier in secret.

“I never thought that this would happen. Are they serious? Even if I am not noble in this country, I am a King Candidate. Isn’t it normal to build an army?”

It made Arturia angry. How could they pull a move like this, they even sent a formal letter to her.

The reason why she was angry was not only that.

“They said that they will take care of the soldiers under them?”

She slammed the paper on the table and walked out of her office. Reinhard was still in the Knight Barrack, so he was not here.

However, Merlin was usually on the field, so Arturia made her way to the field.

When she went downstairs, however, there was no one there. At that point, she remembered that Merlin brought the troop to hunt Mabeast as a form of training.

Sigh, what should I do?”

She looked at the sky and sighed once again.

A formal letter that opposed Arturia building her own army. Usually, such a letter could only be made by the Royal or a high-ranked noble.

“Should I visit Crusch Karsten? She knows what to do when the thing goes south like this.”

However, Arturia shook her head the next second after she asked that to herself.

“No, she’s my rival in the selection. What should I do?”

There was something that she could do, but she wanted to avoid it.

The letter only asked Arturia to not nurture an army, soldiers under her. So, if she wanted to, she could just answer that those were mercenaries under her.

However, as a Knight herself, she wouldn’t do that. It would hurt the soldiers’ feelings, more importantly, their morale would decrease.

They were happy that they had finally become a soldier. Even the majority of the soldiers under Arturia were former mercenaries.

So she could at least guess their reaction. She wanted to avoid that at all costs, so she decided.

“Let’s meet Sir Reinhard first.”

She entered the building again and changed her clothes into her white dress. The Lugnica’s knight uniform that she used every day only showed that she was indeed a Knight.

However, this matter must be resolved by her as a King candidate, so she wore her dress.

After changing into her dress, she strapped Avalon in her waist. She then exited the barrack and made her way towards the Knight Barrack, to Reinhard.

The civilians had become more used to seeing Arturia in the street. She’d walked on the street if she had free time, so her relationship with the people in the Capital was good.

They often gave Arturia fruit and something because of her young appearance. The people saw Arturia as someone kind, as a Hero who slew Hakugei.

However, this time no one stopped Arturia because they saw her serious expression. The usually smiling girl had a serious expression as she walked on the street.

Silently, Arturia walked past them and she’d arrived in front of the Knight Barrack.

The guard of the barrack had also met Arturia a few times, so he was friendly towards her. But now, seeing her expression, the guard’s body went stiff and he saluted.

“W-Welcome, Pendragon-sama. C-Can I help you with something?”

Arturia herself noticed her expression. But she didn’t even bother to change it because she was actually angry towards the whim of the noble.

“Yes, can you call Sir Reinhard for me? This is urgent.”

“Y-yes!”

The guard answered instantly and turned around, entering the barrack with haste.

Arturia was left alone in front of the barrack, waiting for Reinhard. At that moment, a man with light purple hair walked from the distance.

She noticed the man, and she looked at him while nodding her head a little. The man bowed his head in the distance and then approached Arturia.

The man with light purple hair was Julius Juukulius. He stopped in front of Arturia and then bowed his head to greet her.

“It’s nice to meet you in this place, Pendragon-sama.”

“It’s nice to meet you too, Sir Julius. Do you need something from me?” Arturia tried to smile as best as she could.

She tried to look nice all the time, especially in front of her rival’s knight. However, Julius was a spirit knight. He was sensitive to emotion.

“Actually, no, Pendragon-sama. I am just walking when I saw you, so I am thinking of at least stopping to greet you when I am passing here. While I am at it, may I ask why are you visiting Knight Barrack, Arturia-sama?”

Of course, he wouldn’t say his true intention. Arturia was a King Candidate, and he served another King Candidate.

She was an enemy, but he was also a Knight. If by chance Arturia won the election, he would eventually need to protect her as her Knight too.

Julius also held respect towards Arturia. Her code of chivalry that she held high was magnificent. So he was confused, why was such a person got angry in the middle of the day and visited the Knight barrack?

“It’s nothing. I just have something to do with Sir Reinhard, hence I visited Knight Barrack to see him. By the way, I heard Anastasia-sama was leaving the Capital, are you not tagging along with her?” This time Arturia asked Julius.

Anastasia had left Capital and went somewhere else to do business yesterday. She was a merchant, so she moved a lot.

“No, she was escorted by Ricardo already, and I was tasked to stay in the Capital because of my Knight position.”

“Ah, Ricardo. I know that man. He’s strong, I also got amazed by his bravery for attacking Hakugei without any fear. Send my regard to him when you meet him, I wanted to fight alongside him on another battlefield.”

Arturia praised Ricardo, a mercenary that fought with her in the Hakugei expedition. He was a wolf beastman that used a big sword. He was strong and brave, so Arturia remembered him.

“I will tell him exactly like that, your words will make him happy, Pendragon-sama.”

They talked with each other for a while, until finally, the guard came back with Reinhard beside him. The guard stood back in her post while Reinhard walked to Arturia.

“Milady, do you need something from me?” Reinhard asked Arturia. He then noticed Julius and gave him a small nod.

Julius was keen, so he knew that it was time for him to leave. He bowed his head to Arturia.

“Well then, Pendragon-sama. I have duty after this, please excuse me.”

“Very well. That’s a nice conversation, Sir Julius.”

“It’s my honor.” Answered Julius and then he walked away.

Arturia looked at Reinhard.

“It seems that we have a problem.” Said Arturia with a serious tone.


There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 57 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

27