Chapter 2 – A New Life
7.1k 19 174
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zmeya approached the girl and crouched near her head. She poked her cheeks with her index finger before she smiled.

“What a clueless girl, she doesn’t know about the trial that is waiting for her in the future.” Said Zmeya.

Zmeya stood up and walked towards the exit. After she calm down and looked around a bit more, Zmeya realized that this was the starting area of Magical Giants. She remembered this church, and she remembered this world.

But, for some reason, she was also confused. She was electrocuted when she tried her VR helmet, and she was sure she had lost her consciousness.

Not only that, how come she didn’t have a panic attack? She was inside the fucking Magical Giants in her character's body. She also thought of herself as a girl immediately, how can she act this calmly?

Deep inside though, Zmeya understood what happened. Her character, Zmeya was created as a cold and calm woman. She had nurtured Zmeya for three years, and she knew Zmeya better than her old self.

After two years playing Magical Giants, Yumei had understood one thing. There was a hidden story in the game, and he managed to clear that and create a brand new character that was his ideal. That character didn’t walk in the evil path or the good path. No, she was independent.

That was Zmeya’s setting. She was an independent Magical Girl, unlike the other Magical Girls that were dependent on their Giant’s patron. Zmeya was created using a hidden New Game+ of Magical Giants. She was created as a playable character with max stats and skills since the start of the game.

Her inventory was filled with End-game items. But, she was not the strongest yet in the early game.

‘I have become Zmeya for some reason, and one of her passive skills immediately calmed me down and allowed me to analyze the situation. It was a good thing for me, but … for some reason, I feel like the skill forcefully changed my personality. I won’t touch a girl's cheek without any reason, but I just did that.’ Thought Zmeya as she exited the church and looked at her hands.

She looked at her gloved hands before she balled them into a fist.

“Well, it doesn’t matter. I was trash in that world, but now… I could finally become someone that I longed for.”

Zmeya smiled and she looked ahead. There was nothing in front of her, not even a tree, only a cliff-like crater. This world was called Deepland, the reason why the world was called Deepland was because of one thing.

Zmeya approached the crater and looked down. The crater was old because there was moss growing inside the crater. But, the crater was massive, it was around 300 meters wide. This crater was the reason why this world was called Deepland, and the game was called Magical Giants.

“The biggest Giant footprint. Seeing this with my own eyes is truly amazing. Compared to the crappy graphic from my PC, this is amazing.”

Zmeya can’t hold her smile as her mouth curved into a predatory smile. Her two fangs on her maxillary further enhanced her charm, no one could deny her beauty, the dangerous beauty. She was satisfied, and she was happy that she was inside the Magical Giants. If this world was the same as the one that she knew, then she must make her move now.

Because in the first part of the story, a giant will pass this area and destroy half of the church behind Zmeya. The main character then will regain her conscious and that was the beginning of her travel in this Deepland.

Zmeya didn’t want to be part of that, she wanted to be an independent Magical Girl like her character. She also called herself Zmeya since she got inside her body. For some reason, it just feels natural for her. She was even willing to abandon her old name and used Zmeya as her name from now on.

“Now I am Zmeya, the independent Magical Girl. I need to act like her, or not. I’ve been talking like her unconsciously, my thought and my words are different. So I was forced to act like her too, huh. Not that I mind.”

She turned to look at the church again, “The giant came from behind the church, and the city was right in the direction where the church’s exit faced at.” she turned back on the crater that was created by the Giant’s footstep.

“So the first city is this way. I need to move before the sun disappeared. The sun in Magical Giants had no movement like the sun on earth, after all. It just turned off like a light bulb.” Muttered Zmeya.

She began to walk in the direction of the first city that she knew. It has been three years since she was in this area, but she remembered every detail of the event that happened in this world. That was why she also remembered a little thing that the humans in this world hate.

“Those maggots fawning over the Magical Girl. If I entered that city with my appearance, I will become a mascot for those maggots.”

Zmeya extended her right hand to the right and the mirror from earlier once again appeared on her side. Her hand was sucked into the mirror. She moved her hand and looked up to the sky as if she was trying to feel something.

After a few seconds, Zmeya felt something on her hand and she muttered, “There you are.”

She pulled her hand and took out a snake-shaped golden earring. The snape bit its tail and formed an infinity symbol. She put the earring on her right ear and her form began to change.

Zmeya’s green hair turned black, and her leotard-like outfit changed into a purple hoodie with a white snake image on the front and short dark grey pants. The clothes that extended from her neck towards her arms disappeared, and her knee-high boots changed into white sneakers.

The earring that she just put on was an item that allowed Zmeya to hide her true appearance. It was given to Independent Magical Girl to act like a normal human to avoid the Giant’s detection. There was a reason why the Independent Magical Girl needed an item to change their appearance.

It was because, without a Giant’s patron, the Independent Magical Girl directly used their body to contain the Magical Girl’s power. It was a different story from the normal Magical Girl which was given power by Giant through their weapon.

That was the fate of Independent Magical Girl, but they could act freely without being bothered by their Patron’s request.

Back to Zmeya, she was satisfied by her transformation. She was the one who designed the clothes after all, so it suited her perfectly. With a light step that was looking forward to an exciting encounter in Magical Giants, Zmeya walked towards the first city.

‘Ah~ I can’t wait to meet those Magical Girls~ I wonder how do they taste like?’

*****

5 advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Patréon: www.patréon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

174