Chapter 22 – Path
2.6k 14 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Magiya Emerald and Mally shoot their magic at the same time.

Mally’s power to control Beasts was a byproduct of her real power. Chains. The power to control. It was a strong power but it didn’t work in intelligent species like Humans or Giants.

Her magic was also derived from a chain, this time it was a morningstar tied on a chain. It has a sinister dark blue color like her hair.

It was big, but the size was not the one to decide the outcome of Magical Girl’s fight.

Magiya Emerald used the Magic that she used to me, the Emerald Cannon.

That magic was strong, but she imbued more Magia to her magic this time. So the emerald that appeared above Magiya Emerald was 50% bigger than the one she shot to me at that time.

Both of them shouted at the same time.

“Chain Mode: Morningstar!” “Emerald Cannon!”

Mally’s magic was faster as she swung it toward the direction of the city. It hit the barrier first and destroyed it before Magiya Emerald’s Emerald Cannon reached the Morningstar.

The attack collided, and the Emerald Cannon was shattered.

But that was not the end, the shards from the Emerald Cannon were shot towards Mally at a fast speed.

It surprised Mally, but she can’t dodge it because her hand was still connected to the Chain that was tying the Morningstar.

“Shit!” Mally muttered and braced herself to take the damage from the shards.

She had no other choice, so Mally closed her eyes.

But, when the shards were about to hit Mally, a shining barrier appeared in front of Mally and blocked the shards.

“Oh, so you choose that skill?” I looked at the barrier with interest.

I was glad. I was really glad that Magiya Raylight choose that skill.

She chooses the thorny path. She will face a lot of trials.

In order to save the world.

To save her friend.

More importantly, to make her enemies into a friend.

“Shine, Barrier of Light!”

Magiya Raylight’s shout had saved Mally.

It had repaired the barrier that surrounded Hydro City in an instant.

I had nothing to watch anymore. If she was willing to walk that path, then I will choose the other path.

I stood up and put the chair into my Mirror Inventory.

“Zayats, let’s go.”

I flew away and Zayats followed me from behind.

“The fight was not over, are you sure to leave them be, Master?”

That was right. From her view, the fight was not over.

But it was. The moment Magiya Raylight found her path, it was enough for me.

“This one had what she wanted to see. It’s enough.”

Hydro City didn’t fall. It was different from the tutorial, mainly because of me. In my new game+, Hydro City also survived because I drive the beasts away.

This will be interesting. Chain. Power to Control unintelligent beasts.

“This one goal was to see that girl’s choice. She had chosen a thorny path, the path to forgive her opponent. It will not be easy, but This one will certainly have a lot of fun.”

I grinned as I thought of the events in the future. The first hurdle for the Main Character was passed with a flying score, now the game will enter a grace period.

“Now the world will change. This one wanted to get ingredients to have fun, will you follow This one, Zayats?”

“Of course, Master! So, where will we head to?” Asked Zayats.

“Somewhere slimy.”

Zayats was confused, but I was certainly looking forward to getting those ingredients. That way, the real fun will begin.

***

Vega’s POV

I made it. I was able to save her!

“Raylight! What are you doing?! You just saved an Evil Magical Girl!” Magiya Emerald shouted at me with an angry expression.

I was scared, I don’t know the consequences of saving the enemy.

‘But, I can’t let her die. It’s wrong. Killing each other is wrong!’

“Do you know what you did?” Asked Magiya Emerald, this time she used a softer tone to me.

The Evil Magical Girl that called herself Mally fainted outside the city. The barrier of the city was somehow repaired after I used the Barrier of Light.

“I know…” I answered Magiya Emerald with my gaze on the ground.

- Vega… you must be strong. Look at her in the eyes. You want to save people, right?!

Somehow I could hear his voice inside my head. It was soothing, and I was able to calm myself and looked at Magiya Emerald straight in her eyes.

“I know what I did. I want to save her too! She’s suffering!”

“So why?! She wanted to destroy the city!”

Magiya Emerald began descending to the ground. She was aiming at Mally even when she fainted.

I don’t want to kill Mally, no, I don’t want anyone in front of me to die.

My proficiency to fly was the highest amongst my skill, so I was able to catch up to Magiya Emerald faster and landed in front of Mally.

Magiya Emerald landed in front of me with a serious face.

“Are you serious?! You wanted to save her that badly?!”

I nodded my head without saying anything.

Magiya Emerald sighed and held her head with her right hand.

“Fine, do as you please. But! I will take that girl to Prison.”

Finally, I smiled and turned to look at Mally.

Her transformation was undone and her wand was now lying beside her. It was tiny, less than 5cm.

I didn’t see her wand when we fought earlier, but to think that her hand was tiny enough to be gripped inside her hand.

Her clothes also changed. It was a rag, unfit to be worn by people.

Bandages covered her body. I thought that the bandages were part of her transformation, but it seems it was used to cover the wound on her skin.

It was wrong, a girl on my age was covered in wounds and attacked a city full of innocent people.

This world was harsher than I thought.

I won’t allow it. I will change it.

‘That Zmeya, she called me prophesied girl?’

I didn’t understand it. My head turned to the sky, to the location where Zmeya was watching us with a beautiful girl by her side.

But when I turned my head, she was gone.

‘So that’s it. She’s so mysterious.’

Zmeya, I had a feeling that we will meet again someday.

But when we meet again, I will become stronger. I will become strong enough to help everyone.

***

Zmeya’s POV

“Here we are.”

I landed in front of a cave below a steep cliff.

There were a lot of huge trees that stood over 20 meters around the cave.

This place was located on the south of Hydro City. The north area of Hydro City was covered in plain, while the south area was filled with jungles.

“We have arrived. As expected, this place was hidden within Elor Forest.”

I grinned while looking at the cave in front of me.

One of the ingredients that I need could be obtained from this place.

The ingredients that the male players love.

“Master… could it be that you are searching for Slime Mucus?”

Slime Mucus, one of the ingredients to make Aphrodisiac.

“That’s right. You will love it when you got more pleasure, right Zayats?”

Zayats’s body shivered. She looked at me with feverish breath and said.

“Yes!”

‘Now, it's time to hunt.’


5 advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

96