Arc V Chapter 13
5.4k 14 167
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

V


━━━━━━┓┏━━━━━━


Arc V Chapter 13


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


Noriaki cleared his throat. “Ahem, wow that we have concluded this discussion, let's return to main topic, how do we kill her? Any suggestions?”

 

“...” Satoshi grumbled in his corner. He accepted his defeat, albeit only grudgingly. His rebellion failed. He lost the vote four to three, with two abstentions. A close defeat, but the pro Danzo faction of Root triumphed. They rejected his proposal to adopt a neutral stance in this matter and ignore Danzo's orders.

 

“How do we kill her? Simple. We just need something sharp and pointy. Stab her, and she is dead”, Natsu pointed out.

 

Satoshi responded with a strong sense of pessimism. “Thank you for your contribution, Natsu, but that's easier said than done. I doubt that Asami will do us the favour and die peacefully.”

 

Natsu retorted, “So what, do you have any better idea, Satoshi?”

 

“That's the point, Natsu, there are no good ideas.” Satoshi's voice betrayed his resignation. “Natsu, have you ever met Asami in person? Have you ever seen her fight?”

 

“No.” Natsu shook his head.

 

“Thought so, because I have, Natsu. And trust me, Asami is dangerous. The girl is a force of nature. If we mess up, she won't hesitate to kill all of us. Because she won't show mercy.” His words lingered in the room, and they achieved the desired effect. His words gave everyone pause.

 

...

...

...

 

Noriaki smiled. “Your observations are duly noted. We will keep them in mind.”

 

“I hope so.” Satoshi offered a blank in return. He had done everything in his power to prevent the disaster. Now it was up to him alone to leave the sinking ship before it was too late. Nobody would miss him if he fell ill on the day of the invasion. He would contract a very contagious disease. Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, very nasty stuff. His doctor advised him to better stay at home.


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


Asami stood before her mirror, waging a war against a bitter enemy, an ill fitting collar. Her collar wasn't perfect. It was a trivial matter, an insignificant, a minor annoyance, but the perfectionist in her disagreed. Her collar was neither trivial, nor insignificant. There was no beauty without effort, no elegance without perfection. Fortunately, the crisis didn't last long. After all, she had to be presentable for the chunin exams and the invasion that followed. This was the day she had been waiting for. She didn’t know what the day would bring, but if she died, she would at least make for a beautiful corpse. Not that it mattered, as she wouldn't die.

 

Her hands adjusted her collar and completed her kimono. The result pleased her aesthetic eye. Her work was marvellous. Clad in comforting black, she was now ready to go, almost. Only her sword was still missing.

 

Her eyes glanced at her armour and her ANBU mask. They hadn't seen much use in recent times. A thin layer of dust covered the forgotten steel. They had become relics of the past, of an era that had ended. These times were now over. Her time in the shadows was over. She wouldn’t hide any more from the prying eyes of this world.

 

Asami grabbed her scabbard and inspected her trusted sword. The blade was sharp, the steel polished. The exams were about to begin.


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


Today was a joyous day. Contrary to all expectations, Asami didn't arrive late. She wasn’t even the last one. Naruto beat her in that regard, together with a certain absent Uchiha. Sasuke didn't make an appearance, which dismayed her.

 

Asami leaned over the railing to observe the first match from the stances. Naruto fought Neji. Nothing interesting. The outcome was predetermined. The victor predictable. Neji would win. Naruto stood no chance against Neji's superior skill and experience. She didn't see him winning in any realistic scenario. Naruto had no hope to overcome Neji unless her favourite jinchuuriki finally got his act together and put his favourable genetics and immense chakra reserves to use. Neji deserved the victory, even when he was a Hyuga and therefore a hereditary enemy.

 

The match started and both sides clashed. Naruto attacked head on, rushing straight into his demise.

 

“...” Asami grinned. Naruto's idiocy amused her.


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


https://rellawings.com/assuhostedimages/Asami_patreon_1.png

Salutations, fellow readers and authors!

As you probably know, each chapter you read takes a lot of time and effort to produce.

So make a small contribution and support my efforts on Patreon! Any donation would be appreciated!

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/assurbanipalii

 

 

 

 

167