Arc V Chapter 10
5.4k 26 169
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

V


━━━━━━┓┏━━━━━━


Arc V Chapter 10


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


Shibi cut straight to the point. “The plan makes sense, but I must ask, why are we deploying our ANBU directly to the front line?”

 

Because she didn’t trust her Root friends and wanted them to die a gruesome death. As long as they were kept budy on the front line, they were under control and couldn't do anything stupid. Maintaining an iron grip on them was of utmost importance.

 

Asami maintained a smile. “What's the issue, Shibi? What's wrong with our ANBU friends getting to see some action?”

 

Shibi crossed her arms. “Nothing, but wouldn't it be smarter to keep them in reserve instead? Furthermore, I don't think that we should split them up like you propose. We should better keep them together as one.”

 

“...” Asami didn’t believe her ears. Shibi actually knew what a reserve was. This was a miracle of unprecedented proportions. Perhaps there was still some hope left for Konoha. “Your points are valid, but ... The fact is that we are already seriously undermanned as things stands now. We don’t have enough men to form a reserve without weakening our main effort. Our resources are ... limited, and we have to work with what we have. We can’t spare even a single ANBU. Not to mention, we must split them up, sadly. We must somehow bolster the weaker battalions no matter what. We can't rely on genin to do the fighting. They won't hold. The ANBU will add some much needed quality to them.” Her arguments convinced Shibi. He didn't need to know that the real reason for splitting them up was to keep them better under control. As long as they were attached to a battalion, they had less room to act.

 

Shibi nodded. “I see.”

 

Asami beamed. “Any further questions ... Yes, Tsume?”

 

Tsume crossed her arms. “Well, I must say that I have some doubts about this entire operation. Our forces are few. Do you think they will suffice to accomplish the mission?”

 

 

Asami acknolwedged her concerns. “Your doubts are understandable, Tsume, but don't worry, our forces, albeit few, will suffice. They must suffice. And if push comes to shove, they can rely on me.”

 

“On you?” Tsume furrowed an eyebrow. “With all due respect, you might be good at this command and strategy stuff, but can you fight? You are just a little girl. Heck, I have no idea why the Hokage chose you to defend the village?”

 

“...” There they were again, the old doubts and prejudices. They doubted her because of her age and appearance, but Asami merely returned a smile.

 

It was Shibi's turn to deescalate. “What Tsume means to say is that ... we didn’t expect you to take part in the fighting. Keep in mind, kou are the commanding officer. You can’t just go wherever you want and do whatever you please. You carry responsibilities.” He was not wrong.

 

Asami turned to her subordinate. “What do you think, Fumihiko?“

 

“Well, Shibi has a point. Executing such a complicated operation will be troublesome without effective leadership and with you going on front line adventures.” Fumihiko voiced his opinion. 

  

“I guess, you are both correct”, Asami conceded. “Ultimately, though, it doesn’t matter. As I will be busy with some important stuff on the day of the invasion, I won’t be directly in charge of this operation anyway.”

 

Shibi furrowed an eyebrow. “And that means what?”

 

Asami grinned. “That means that I will delegate command. I will put you and Tsume in charge of the left flank. You will oversee operations in my absence.”

 

Shibi merely nodded. “I understand, and what about the right flank?”

 

Asami flashed a smile, her head turning to her faithful subordinate. “Fumihiko-kun~, would you be so kind as to do me a little favour?”


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


 

 

 

 

 


169