Arc IV Chapter 2
8.4k 25 254
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

IV


━━━━━━┓༻❁༺┏━━━━━━


Arc IV Chapter 2


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


“Let’s go, Lee! It's time for you to shine!” Guy shouted down from the stands, “Give everything you have! You won’t lose!”

 

“Yes, Guy-sensei!” Lee returned a thumb up and smiled.

 

“...” Kakashi, meanwhile, was less convinced. He knew more than Guy. He knew Asami. The match wasn’t the fairest one, the murderous princess of Konoha's ANBU against ... Lee. “Are you sure, Guy?”

 

Guy turned his head, “What do you mean, Kakashi?”

 

Kakashi repeated, “Are you sure that Lee will win, Guy?”

 

“Sure? I am not just sure, Kakashi, I know it. Lee is strong, stronger than you can imagine, Kakashi, and I believe in him.” Guy grinned.

 

“...” Kakashi fell silent. “Do you think that will suffice, Guy? Sometimes, believing is not enough.” Certainly not against Asami.

 

Guy furrowed an eyebrow. “Explain, Kakashi? What do you mean?”

 

Kakashi remained silent, making him wait. “Do you see the girl down there?”

 

Guy nodded. “Yes.”

 

“Do you know her, Guy?”

 

Guy shook his head. Of course, he didn't. “No, not really.”

 

“Thought so ... I do, Guy. Few know the name Asami, but some do.”

 

“And you are one of them, Kakashi, aren’t you?”

 

...

...

...

 

“Possibly.” Kakashi remained secretive.

 

“Possibly?” Guy reacted confused.

 

Kakashi elaborated, “I shouldn’t share this information, but her name carries weight, a lot of weight, Guy.” 

 

Guy narrowed his eyes. “What are you trying to imply, Kakashi?”

 

Kakashi ignored him, seemingly changing topic. “Guy, have you ever heard of Konoha’s Black Princess?”

 

Guy nodded. “Yes, I have, or rather who hasn’t? But why does it matter? What does she have to do with this?”

 

“Do you know her identity, Guy?”

 

“Of course, not.  Her identity is closely guarded, but it is well know that the girl ...” Guy blinked after studying the girl Lee was facing. His eyes went wide in realisation. Everything made sense now. Everything fell into place.

 

“Kakashi, ... it can't be? She isn't, right?” Guy paled, his worries tangible. “Why is she here, Kakashi? What is she doing here?

 

“I have no idea.” Kakashi observed the arena. His words confirmed Guy's fears. “All that I can say is that Asami is strong, incredibly strong. But don’t worry, Lee, should be fine. It's unlikely that she has orders to kill. The Hokage would never allow such.”

 

Guy sighed in relief. ”I see. Thank you, Kakashi.”

 

Kakashi nodded. “No problem, Guy ...”

 

“Kakashi-sensei, what do you mean by her being strong, incredibly strong?” A brash voice interrupted Kakashi, and it didn't take him long to identify the culprit.

 

Kakashi deplyoed a smile. “Oh, Naruto, did nobody ever tell you that it's impolite to eavesdrop on other people’s conversations? How much did you hear. Naruto?” Asami's identity was delicate information, very delicate information in fact that had to be handled with care. Even a former ANBU Captain like he was not allowed to divulge just like this.

 

Naruto crossed his arms. “Not that much. Only that she is incredibly strong.”

 

“...” Kakashi was relieved. Everything was fine. No damage was done. What he didn’t expect, however, was Naruto acting like ... Naruto.

 

“But is it true, Kakashi-sensei? Is she really that strong!? I can't believe it”, Naruto yelled, loud enough to gain the attention of everyone nearby. Sakura, Sasuke, everyone turned their attention to him, which was, of course, fantastic. Thank you, Naruto.

 

“Yes, she is.” Kakashi learned the hard way that you couldn’t trust Naruto with anything that required even remotely some degree of discretion.

 

“And how do you know that, Kakashi-sensei? As far as I can remember, Asami was always fairly inconspicuous back at the academy despite her attitude”, Sakura mused, joining the discussion.

 

Naruto agreed, “Yes, Kakashi-sensei, Sakura is right. She was fairly weak. She couldn't even beat me. Not that I ever fought her. But I doubt that she would have stood a chance again me!”

 

“...” He doubted so. Kakashi scratched his head. He had to be creative now, very creative. “How do I know? Well, let’s say, I met her once in the past.” 

 

“In the past? And how, Kakashi-sensei?” Sakura was curious. 

 

“Yes, how? How do you know Asami, Kakashi? I am also interested”, Kurenai joined the conversation.

 

Kakashi gave Kurenai an annoyed look. This had become a surprisingly complicated affair, hadn’t it? “It was a mission. I met her on a mission, Kurenai”

 

Kurenai raised an eyebrow. “On a mission?”

 

“Yes, on a mission. But why are you so interested, Kurenai?” Kakashi diverted, and with success. He was spared from further questions.

 

Kurenai crossed her arms. “Well, that is only natural that I am interested, considering that I was her tutor when she was a child.”

 

“Her tutor?”

 

“Yes, her tutor. I trained her when she was younger, so I know her quite well. That is why I was curious, Kakashi.”

 

“So, it's indeed her?” Asuma lit another cigarette, inhaling a vitalizing stream of tobacco. So this is the fabled Asami you have told me about?”

 

“She is.” Kurenai confirmed.

 

“...” Asuma exhaled a cloud of smoke and laughed. “I see, and I thought her name was just a coincidence. I have the feeling ... this is going to be an interesting match. Guy’s most precious student against the legendary little princess. I wonder who will win.”


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


“Are you both ready?” Hayate asked. Asami and Lee both nodded. Thus, the match started.

 

Asami analysed her opponent. Lee's chakra level was average, not to say mediocre. Furthermore, he appeared to be a taijustu user.  

 

Her lips smirked. In summary, he was easy prey. She already pitied him. Poor boy.

 

Lee readied himself and took a combat stance. He was eager to fight, but he didn’t realise that the match was already over. “We are opponents now. So, let us both give our best!”

 

His words amused, eliciting a giggle from her. “My best? I sincerely doubt that will be necessary.”

 

Lee focused his eyes, challenging her. “How so?”

 

“You will see, Lee, you will see.” Asami smiled, but her smile was cold, icy, without a trace of friendliness. “Don't take things personally. It's really not your fault that you will lose.”

 

Lee countered, “How can you be so sure that you will win, Asami-chan?”

 

Asami shook her head, disappointed. “Lee, you are gravely mistaken. It's not a matter of whether I win, but merely how long it will take. So do me a favour, Lee, and just surrender. Spare yourself the fate awaiting you. Forfeit for your own good, Lee.” Her intimidation failed to succeed. Lee remained strong, his resolve firm. He didn't waver. Instead, He chose to stand his ground.

 

“Sorry, Asami-chan, I can’t. I can't give up”, Lee rejected her offer.

 

Asami tilted her head. “You can’t? Why? Tell me, Lee, why do you not choose the most sensible option and simply surrender?”

 

“As said, I can’t, Asami-chan. I have to prove something to myself and the world.” Lee’s spirit burned bright. He wouldn’t budge.

 

“You want to prove yourself? I see. Yet, I hope that you are aware of the consequences your decision brings, Lee. From here on, there is only victory or defeat.” Asami produced two kunai from her pouches and commenced her attack. She was swift, relentless, fast. She pressed her assault with a natural speed that was uncanny for a genin.

 

Lee's eyes went wide, and he wasn't the only one.

 

“...” Guy gritted his teeth. “Do you see this, Kakashi?”

 

“...” Kakashi nodded, observing the match in silence.

 

Guy clenched his fist. “The girl is ... fast.


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


 

254