Arc IV Chapter 5
8.3k 29 253
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

IV


━━━━━━┓༻❁༺┏━━━━━━


Arc IV Chapter 5


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


Hayate’s look switched between Lee and a very persuasive girl. Technically, the match didn't end yet, but it was as good as over. Everyone knew that. He didn't need to prolong Lee’s agony. The boy required medical attention, and he required it immediately.

 

Hayate cleared his throat, “Ahem, the winner of the match is ...”

 

“No! Aargh, I haven’t lost! Aargh, the match isn’t over yet!” A weak voice interrupted Hayate, the voice of an unbroken iron will manifest, the voice of a boy not willing to give up cost no matter the cost.

 

Asami’s eyes went wide. Lee stood. With the force of sheer willpower alone, he stood. Her last attacked should have permanently disabled him, but that was not the case. He fought on. How? How was he still standing? Her kunai pierced his legs.

 

Asami clenched her fist. Stupid ninja and their superhuman resilience. Terribly annoying.

 

Lee could barely stand, not to mention fight. She robbed him of his prized mobility. Running was difficult with two kunai struck through your legs. And yet, Lee refused to see reason. He refused to accept defeat until the bitter end.

 

Was she truly forced to kill him? A genin, a problem. No genin, no problem. A single kunai was everything she needed. Killing him? Was that the solution?

 

Asami walked up to Lee, offering him a smile, staring right into his eyes. Her eyes glimmered a shade purple, suffocating any opposition, consuming all his remaining strength. Deeper and deeper, his mind fell into the dark abyss of unconsciousness. Lifeless shadows devoured him. “Lee, you are wrong ... The match is over ... And now sleep and sweet dreams~. You must be tired~.” Her soft, melodic voice whispered in his ears, urging him to sleep as her genjutsu slowly took effect. All his pain, all his force, vanished. Slowly, his world turned black.

 

Her finger tipped Lee's forehead, using a minuscule amount of force. Lee fell. His weakened body collapsed without resistance. “Lee, let me give you one last piece of advice. You have potential, but you lack experience. I hope this defeat will teach you a lesson. Remember my words, because future enemies neither will show mercy, nor will they hesitate. A good ninja knows when a battle is lost, Lee. They live to fight another day.”


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


Hidden among the audience, Orochimaru licked his lips. The girl entertained him. “Once again you prove to be an interesting specimen, Asami.” A shame she wasn't his.


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


 

253