Arc IV Chapter 6
8.4k 23 244
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

IV


━━━━━━┓༻❁༺┏━━━━━━


Arc IV Chapter 6


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


Lee was transported away by a team of medics. Considering the beating he took, he would need serious medical treatment and rest.

 

Kakashi sighed. “See, I told you, Guy. He never stood a chance ... Guy?”

 

Guy cried, but not tears of sadness. He shed tears of joy. “Lee, I am so proud of you! You gave your best, and that is all that counts!” 

 

Kakashi blinked. Guy had definitely some screws loose. “Guy, I don't think this is the right moment ... Hey, Naruto, where are you going?”

 

Naruto stormed off. Once again, his emotions got the better of him.

 

Asami walked up the stairs and Naruto confronted her directly. He didn't bother to hide his anger. “What do you think were doing down there?”

 

Asami halted, scrutinising Naruto closely. “Oh, Naruto, long time no see~. What is the matter, my friend? What despicable act have I committed to attract your wrath? What have I done to anger you, Naruto?”

 

“What's the matter? What's the matter?!” Naruto clenched his fists, narrowing his furious eyes at her. “You know perfectly well what's the matter. You hurt Bushy Brows! You nearly killed him! I won't forgive you for what you have done! He was my comrade, my friend! I will remember you, Asami. I will defeat you!”

 

Asami giggled. “Oh my, you ... deafeat me. What outrageous confidence. You are, of course, welcome to try. Not that I believe that you have even the faintest of a chance. But that aside, this was a fight and not a harmless sparring match, Naruto. Lee knew the consequences of his actions the moment he entered the area. He chose to fight, and he paid the price. In fact, he should consider himself lucky. It could have ended worse.”

 

“Lucky? LUCKY!? LUCKY!? Don't have a heart?” Naruto exploded.

 

Asami shook her head in amusement. “... Naruto, don't talk about things you don't udnerstand.”

 

“... ... ...” Naruto gritted his teeth, the rage boiling in him. “Mark my words, Asami, one day, I will defeat you! I will punch your stupid smirk from your face.”

 

Asami merely giggled. “We will see, Naruto, we will see.” 

 

The next match was announced, Sasuke against some nobody. She couldn't care less. In the meanwhile, Asami returned to her team. Hatsu already awaited her together with a series of uncomfortable questions.

 

Hisaaki's eyes sparkled with admiration. ”I knew you are strong. But why the fuck didn’t you tell us how insanely strong you are, Asami? You are incredible! You are amazing!”

 

Asami smiled. “Thank you, Hisaaki. That's sweet of you.”

 

“The jutsu with the giant fireball! And these purple glowing kunai! Can you teach me them?” Hisaaki begged her.

 

Asami giggled. “Theoretically, yes, although both techniques require an advanced degree of chakra control, which I doubt that you possess.”

 

“I see ...” Hisaaki fell silent, his shoulders hanging low. “So you are telling me I am not skilled enough?”

 

Asami gave him a bit of encouragement. “Don't be disappointed, Hisaaki. You are still young. You have still a long way in front of you.”

 

Hisaaki's face brightened up. “Do you really think so?”

 

Asami beamed. “Of course. After all, no ninja was born in a single day.”

 

Hisaaki scratched his head, but he agreed. “True ...” The little discussion ended here.

 

The next match started and Asami watched the fight from the stances. She was curious as to how much Sasuke improve since they graduated. He was the last Uchiha and much was expected of him.

 

Hatsu approached her, standing right enxt to her, but she didn’t follow the fight below. Her sensei leaned closer, whispering three simple words, “Who are you?”

 

Asami grinned. ”Who I am? What a curious question to ask, sensei. Obviously, I am who I am.”

 

“Stop playing dumb, that is not what I meant”, Hatsu sounded annoyed. “You know what I mean. I don't know what the Hokage was thinking, but you are not a normal genin, Asami. If that's even your true name.” Apparently, Hatsu had finally caught her.

 

Asami observed the match. Sasuke didn't do well. He lost ground and was put on the defensive. How utterly disappointing ... “Sensei, I can assure you that Asami is indeed my true name, a name that I carry with pride in memory of my mother. But why do you think I am not a normal genin? Don’t you see my headband? Didn’t you read my file? I am the most genin kunoichi Konoha ever had.”

 

Hatsu narrowed her eyes. “I didn’t say that you weren’t a genin. I said that you are not a normal genin.”

 

Asami laughed. “Sensei, what is even a normal genin? Is that some sort of newly introduced classification?”

 

Hatsu clicked her tongue. “Asami, don't mess with me. I have read your files. I know your age, your height, your eye colour, your past. You were inactive for over a year. But among all the pages, there was not a single detail about your strength and your abilities. On paper, you are a normal kunoichi, but you can't fool me. I have seen you fight, Asami. You are definitely not a simple genin. 

 

Your movements were too smooth, too precise, too perfect. The gap between you and Lee wasn't just a matter of raw strength, but a matter of skill and experience. You were years ahead, displaying a level of skill that most people can only dream of. So I ask you once again, Asami, who are you?”

 

Asami smiled. “Sensei, think about it, who chose me for this team? The Hokage. Do you think it was a coincidence? I doubt so. ANd now think, which ninja act under direct order of the Hokage?”

 

“...” Realisation hit Hatsu. “Are you really ...”

 

Asami nodded. “I am.”

 

Hatsu clicked her tongue, only mildly annoyed.“To think that I had an ANBU right under my nose this entire time ...”

 

Asami smiled. “An ANBU? Who said that I am an ANBU? But on a serious note, I hope you can keep our little secret to yourself. After all, I am on a mission here.”

 

Hatsu rolled her eyes. “Sure ... The ANBU and their precious secrecy.”

 

The match ended and Sasuke was escorted away by Kakashi. He had won, but the price he paid was high. They weren't the only ones who left. The jonin sensei of the Otogakure team left the arena as well, even going as far as to follow Kakashi. Suspicious, wasn’t it? The man required some observation.

 

The next match was announced. Two names were selected, Hisaaki and Katsusane. They were chosen to fight against each other. 

 

Asami waved. “Hissaki, Katsusane,I wish you both good luck with your match. Because unfortunately, I must take my leave.”  

“What?” Hisaaki blinked. “You are leaving? Why?”

 

“Yes, as it seems my presence is required somewhere else.” Asami sealed her lips. “As to why, that's a little secret of mine. See you later, guys. I must go.”


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


Asami was hiding in the shadows, behind one of the many stone columns. She wasn't exactly the stealthiest infiltrator the world had ever seen, but her stealth skill proved more than sufficient.

 

She was peeking around the corner, eavesdropping and watching the sealing ceremony from afar. Kakashi proceeded and the red letters on the ground started moving, enclosing the ominous mark on Sasuke's shoulder. It seemed to be some kind of cursed mark.

 

Kakashi finished ceremony. The mark was sealed. “The next time, the curse mark becomes active, Sasuke, my seal should be able to contain it. But never forget, Sasuke, my seal draws its strength from the strength of your will. If your will weakens, the seal will weaken too.”

 

“...” Sasuke collapsed and fell. The match took its toll.

 

Kakashi smiled. “Seems like he needs some time to rest ...”

 

The sound of hands clapping rang through the hall. “To think that you can even use fuinjutsu these days. Impressive ... You have grown quite a lot, Kakashi, haven’t you?” Her target revealed himself.

 

Her hand reached for the hilt of her sword. She had the feeling that things wouldn’t end peacefully, and her feeling was usually correct. Asami caressed her polished steel. How she had missed her beloved sword. Her blade surely missed her as well.

 

“You!” Kakashi paled as all blood drained from his face.

 

The unknown man smirked with evil glee. “Long time no see, Kakashi. How are you doing?”

 

“Orochimaru!” Kakashi's stance hardened.

 

Orochimaru ... The name sounded familiar ... Wasn't he one of legendary Sannin? Not that it mattered, before her blade everyone was equal. 

 

The man named Orochimaru grinned. ”Sorry, but I have no business with you, Kakashi. I am here because of the boy behind you. I have invested quite a bit in him.”

 

“Why are you after Sasuke?” Kakashi narrowed his eyes.

 

Orochimaru chuckled. “How does it feel to possess such amazing power, Kakashi? Tell me, how does it feel to wield the sharingan?”

 

Orochimaru stepped closer, but Kakashi stood his ground. The palm of his hand produced a sphere of chirping lightning. “Don’t come any closer! Even if you are one of the legendary Sannin, I will fight you! I will kill you, Orochimaru!”

 

“Hehehehe, hahahahahahaha.” Orochimaru broke out in laughter.

 

“What’s so funny?” Kakashi met his stare.

 

“You want to kill me? You want to kill me, Kakashi? Why don’t you try your luck ...” Orochimaru suddenly stoped.

 

Footsteps echoed through the empty hall, and they were coming closer.

 

Orochimaru clicked his tongue. “It seems that a new guest has arrived, Kakashi.”

 

The footsteps ceased and a girlish giggling filled the air. Her giggling was ominous and sinister. ”A new guest? Perhaps, but I don't come with the best of intentions, Orochimaru.” Her sword glowed purple in the dark, illuminating her surroundings. Shimmering plasma enveloped her sword. Pure purple illuminated the surrounding darkness.

 

Orochimaru smirked, amused by her open provocation. “Brave words coming for someone so young. Do you even realise whom you are talking to, girl?”

 

Kakashi recognized the voice. It was her. What was she doing here?

 

Asami gripped her blade and stepped forwards. Her blood boiled. ”I do. Yet I think it is you who fails to realise who stands before you, o legendary Sannin. You should be careful what you wish for, Orochimaru, sometimes wishes can come true. Because I would gladly try my luck.”


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


 

244