Chapter 366
1.3k 6 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the conclusion of the Under Twenty-One Battle Royale, a short break was announced, after which the evening's Open Challenges began. 

Rebecca was not interested in the Open Challenges, so she left together with the girls, who were very worried about their dear friend, Alana. 

Keith's Songbird was in shock after what she had witnessed. 

The girl had gone numb. The colour had drained from her face, and she seemed to have aged a few years as well. She felt too weak to even walk on her own, and Kiara supported her as they took her inside the backroom and settled her on the couch. 

And she was not the only one in shock. 

The twins, Amira and Reina, were pale in fear as well after witnessing the bloodbath. 

It was not the first time that they had seen people get killed without any regard for their lives. They had seen Keith kill, but where he was graceful, swift, and ended those lives in an instant, Yexuan was like a beast who ripped people apart and tore them into pieces. 

They felt sick after what they had witnessed, and Marianne was trying to console them and distract their minds. 

Everyone else was fine, including Kashish, who did bear a frown on her face, but she did not seem scared. But the real surprise was Zoey, who seemed unfazed at what she had witnessed. 

It was mostly because Amelia had warned her that something like this was bound to happen, and in the mind training sessions she held with Rebecca, the blonde had made her watch worse things than what she witnessed today. 

Rebecca stayed quiet as she allowed Alana some more time to recover her bearings. It was partly her fault that she was in such deep shock as she had forced her to watch everything that happened in the Arena, but she only did it because she felt it was necessary, and she was not sorry for it. 

"How strong is he?" Kashish suddenly asked, turning to look at Yingying, who had managed to save Samrath just in time. 

"I am not sure." The Shadow shook her head, not saying anything more. 

"He's in the Early Stage of Spirit Profound Realm." The blonde answered her question, prompting everyone to look at her in surprise. 

"He seems much stronger than that." The daughter of the Mir Family frowned. "He's very experienced in combat, and he is a very skilled Killer." Her words made Alana flinch, but she was not paying attention to her. "He killed without any hesitation or remorse, and it was clearly not the first time he had done it." She frowned and finally glanced at the sister of the culprit, her mind running with myriad thoughts as her curiosity was piqued. 

She doubtfully looked at the girl, wondering about their origins. 

"You are confused about how he is like that if he is Alana's younger brother and has lived a normal life?" Rebecca smiled, guessing what was going through her mind. 

"Yes." Kashish nodded to her. 

"Well, it's simply because he is not the Yexuan Parker that Alana knew." The blonde shrugged, causing the girl with chocolate brown hair to look at her with wide eyes that were filled with confusion. 

"What do you mean?" Alana weakly asked, her voice wavering. 

"I mean what I said." She replied. "He's not the Yexuan you knew." 

And now, it was not just Alana who was confused, but everyone else looked at her in confusion as well. 

Rebecca smiled when the twins suddenly met her eyes, their minds running with very uncomfortable thoughts.

"Someone has occupied his body?" Reina hesitantly voiced the question, a little fearful of the thought. 

She had listened to Minami narrate a story to them once from one of the storybooks that Keith gifted her, and her question nearly had Alana fainting on the spot. 

"W-what?" 

"We can't be sure." The blonde shook her head. "It's a possibility that another Soul has occupied his body and merged with his soul, or taken control after ingesting it. And the reason why he is so strong despite being in Spirit Profound Realm is that he is no longer a Human Auror." 

The look of horror on Alana's face made Rebecca and Amelia sigh in their hearts. 

"As I said, we can't be sure. It could be something else as well. However, I am positive that he is no longer a human Auror." She lightly added, going forward and squeezing her dear friend's hand. "Be strong." 

The girl tearfully nodded to her, and then she felt her blonde friend place her fingers on her neck. 

"Sleep." She heard Rebecca say before a sweet ache crept into her body and the world darkened. 

"Should we take her back to the Estate?" Kiara asked, a little relieved to see her friend sleeping peacefully. 

"I can't leave just yet. Take her with you, and you two should go and rest as well." She turned to look at the twins, who obediently nodded their heads to her. 

Since both Amelia and Rebecca decided to stay there, Yingying did not leave, just in case anything happened. 

Even she was a little apprehensive after witnessing Yexuan's strength and methods.

Kiara and Minami took everyone else back to the Mourntale Estate. 

"You deliberately did it, didn't you?" 

When everyone else was gone, Amelia turned to her sister-wife and asked. 

"Yes." And she openly admitted. "Now, his truth is bare before Alana. Hopefully, when the time comes, he will be forced to reveal some important things as he tries to convince her that he really is Yexuan." 

"Do you think that the Eastern Faction will target him again in the Trials?" 

"Maybe, maybe not." She shrugged. "But he might. If he doesn't, I will just use them to instigate him again." 

The sweet smile on her face chilled Amelia's heart, and she was once again grateful that this girl was her sister-wife and not some enemy. 

"He might try to kill Victor..." 

"Don't worry." Rebecca shook her head. "If he does try it, I will just manipulate the other Aurors to get in their way, giving Victor enough time to forfeit if it is necessary." 

Amelia sighed and nodded to her, not too surprised that she had everything planned. 

"He knows us from the Future Timeline." She raised her eyes and said. "It's a risk if he realises that you are controlling the minds of people to target him." 

"He probably already has." She smiled. "And Keith gave me a free pass, so, he must have something in mind." She informed her sister-wife, taking her by surprise. "We will use him to cut the numbers of the enemies, and after what happened earlier, he already has a blood feud with the Eastern Faction. It will also stop Yexuan from targeting Mourntale and their allies if he intends to as he will be busy with the Mondini and the rest." 

"My Lady." Suddenly, there was a knock on the door of the backroom.

"Come in," Rebecca called out and watched a Blood Guard enter and bow to them. "Yes?" 

"The boy named Yexuan Parker is insisting on meeting Miss Alana." The Vampire informed her. 

"Is that so?" She smiled. "Tell him that Alana fell unconscious after witnessing what he did in the Arena, and she has been taken home to get some rest." 

"Yes, My Lady." The guard bowed to her again and then turned to leave the room. "Send Gorro inside." She told him before he left, and a few seconds later, another Shadow Guard appeared inside the room. 

Amelia curiously watched her sister-wife telekinetically pick up a dagger that was placed on the shelf inside the room and send it to the Blood Guard named Gorro. 

"Give this to Samrath Arya. Tell him that it is a gift from Lord Erebus and that it will prove helpful if things turn as dire as they did today. And tell him to be very careful with it. It's deadly sharp." 

"Yes, My Lady." The Blood Guard bowed to her and left the room. 

"Is that a special Dagger?" 

"Not really, but it is invaluable to Aurors in this world." She casually said. "It's called the Flame Dagger, and Keith gave it to me and told me to send it to Samrath if Yexuam and he get into a serious confrontation during the Trials." 

Amelia frowned at her words but did not ask any questions.

It seemed that both Keith and Rebecca had planned and calculated things ahead of time, and she was just relieved to know that everything was under control. 

"Do you think that he and you might have been lovers in the Time he returned from?" 

The sudden question took her off-guard, and in an instant, her eyes grew cold as they turned to their golden shade. 

"No."

Rebecca giggled when she watched the anger in Amelia's eyes and then stepped forward to hug the girl. 

"Sorry." She apologised. "I just wanted to check if it was bothering you. Knowing you, it's, of course, impossible for you to be romantically involved with someone other than Keith, even if in some Timeline, you have not met him yet. Besides, I told you what the Sacred Rune of Wedlock on your hand means. You remember it, right?"

Amelia felt her anger evaporate as she felt the sincerity in Rebecca's words, and then she hugged her back and nodded. 

"I do." She gratefully said and separated from her. "Thank you." 

"You're welcome!" The blonde giggled. 

"But don't make such a crude joke again." She warned.

"I won't. It's a distasteful one." Rebecca nodded her head in a promise and then grabbed her sister-wife's hand as she led her back inside the King's Box to be present at the first day's Closing Ceremony. 

75