Chapter 369
1.3k 5 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a room made out of wood, stood a girl in her early twenties, with chocolate brown hair and light brown eyes. 

There was a sense of unease in her as her hands fidgeted and her body trembled from time to time, and if one could hear her heart beating, they would find it very restless. 

Even though she had asked for this, she could not help but question if it was the right thing. And to do this, she has gone against the words of her best friends. 

Kiara was clearly upset when she voiced her decision to meet Yexuan, and though Rebecca did not say anything, she did see some disappointment in her eyes. 

Her friends were worried about her safety, and even though she had promised them that nothing would happen to her, she was, in fact, quite scared right now. 

Alana flinched when suddenly the door of the room was knocked and opened, and she saw her younger brother cautiously look inside before his eyes met hers. 

They looked the same as she remembered, those dark eyes of his, but the look inside them was not the same. 

She could feel that his gaze held more than just his love for his older sister, and it made her very uncomfortable. And then there was this doubt in his eyes that made her feel alienated. 

"Alana." The boy finally decided to enter the room. "I am sorry." He immediately apologised, but Alana lowered her head, not willing to look at him. 

"Sorry for what?" She asked, feeling her heart constrict. 

Was he sorry for stealing Yexuan's body?

A sudden thought crossed her mind that made her feel a little dizzy and made her eyes misty. 

Seeing the change in her expression, Yexuan misunderstood it as her expressing the hurt that he had caused. Though not entirely wrong, he could have never imagined the thoughts that were in her mind right now. 

"I am sorry, Alana. I was a little impulsive and made you feel uneasy." He started speaking. "I just could not help but express my feelings for you. It was getting unbearable... I am sorry." He apologised again, and she started feeling a little sick in her stomach. 

"I am your sister." She reminded him. However, it was just an excuse she made as she tried not to speak the words in her heart and confront him about who he truly was. 

Yexuan again mistook her words as the reason why she hesitated and hated him for what he said, but as he considered that she grew up in this society and did not belong to the Worlds he lived in for thousands of years, it was quite reasonable that the idea of Incest would repulse her. Even though his love for her could not be considered incestuous.

"We are not blood-related..." He lightly said, and frowned when he watched her flinch at his words. 

"Please..." 

He saw it clearly on her face this time. The pain and repulsion, and his heart dropped as he sensed that it was directed at him. 

"It's wrong..."

The draconic blood in his veins suddenly raged, and he blurted out his next words without thinking twice. 

"It sickens you that I love you, but you claim to be in love with a man who is married to his own mother!" 

As soon as he said those words, fear whispered in his heart, and his eyes instinctively looked around. 

It was quite a shock to him as well when he learned that Venessa was, in fact, Keith's mother and not his sister. But a lot of mystery surrounded his family that he had yet to unravel. 

The rest of the girls around him did not seem to be related to him as well, specifically Qingyue and Rebecca. And Yexuan had on more than one occasion wondered if this was some alternate Timeline and not his true past. 

Things were very different from what he remembered. 

Amelia was still in this world, and the Mourntale were still very strong. The Ravenstein of Magic City still existed, and most of all, Alana was not a waitress but a world-renowned celebrity. 

He did not remember much about Keith and his family from his past life. His past life was filled with hardships that did not allow him to focus on any other thing. But he did remember that Demiliore of Sameran existed and so did Keith. But at that time, the Lord of Darkness had nothing to do with his sister or the Magic City. 

The thought equally conflicted and scared him. 

Things were so different this time that they also made him wonder if he was inside some sort of limbo and if this was all just a dream. 

"Who are you?" Alana was finally a little angry after hearing his words where he was once again trying to badmouth Keith. And she just ignored what he said and decided to directly confront him. 

"What?" Yexuan was taken aback by her sudden question. 

"You are not my brother." She looked him in the eyes with pain and anger, and her words cut deep into his heart. 

"They filled your head with some nonsense, didn't they?" He ruefully smiled. 

"My brother was impulsive, but he was never impulsive enough to take someone's life." She clenched her fist as she tried to keep her fear in check. "He was not a monster." 

Again, her words cut deep into his heart, and this time, he even flinched. Her words were true, and he could not refute them.

He was her Yexuan, but not the Yexuan she remembered. 

"Alana..." He managed to control himself as the sudden urge to reveal everything to her weighed heavily on his mind, but in the end, his sanity prevailed. 

The last thing Yexuan wanted was for Keith to know that he had returned from the future. And God knew how many people were listening to their conversation right now. 

He could not afford to risk the Evil God learning about him possessing the knowledge of the Future. God knows what methods he had up his sleeves, and even though he doubted that his mind could be read, he did not want to risk handing the knowledge of the future to the man whom he wanted to stop at all costs. 

Yexuan glanced at her, and seeing her waiting for an answer, he debated if he should wisk her away and take her inside the Steele of Time & Space. But he knew that he could not keep her forever in that world, nor could he himself stay there forever. 

In the end, he would have to come out, and his instincts told him that Keith would be waiting for him here when he returned. 

"I am your brother." He finally replied, looking right into her eyes. 

"Are you?" She asked again, and despite herself, a tear leaked out of her left eye. 

"Yes, Alana." 

"Alright, I will believe you." She nodded her head, wiping away her tears, and Yexuan was about to sigh in relief when she spoke to her. "If you are my brother, then promise me something." 

Even though she had not told him what she wanted him to promise her, Yexuan already felt a sinking feeling in his heart. 

"Yes?" He dryly asked, and she lowered her head. 

"Go away." She told him. "Please don't ruin our relationship." She lightly added, and even though she had not explained her words, he understood that she wanted him to get out of their way and not ruin her and Keith's relationship. "I beg you to drop all these silly thoughts..." 

When he heard her crying voice, he felt a little dizzy, fearing the worst. 

"They threatened you?" He grimly asked and watched Alana still at his words, which he misunderstood as confirmation of his guess. "I told you he is evil. They are all evil!" He gritted his teeth and clenched his right fist, but the next instant, he felt heat on his cheek, and the sound of the slap that he had just received rang in his ear. 

Yexuan raised her head in disbelief as he watched Alana look at him angrily with her body trembling in her rage. 

"Don't make me hate you." She warned him, and he just stared at her dumbfoundedly. 

A tear leaked out of his eye as he suddenly felt sure that he had lost her. 

It was now clear in her eyes that she did not trust a single word he said to her. Her mind and heart already believed Keith over him. 

"He is not what he seems, Alana." He painfully said. "Even if you want me gone, I can't leave you alone and let you fall in his evil clutches."

Alana finally felt a little guilty as she heard the pain in his voice. 

"He won't harm me..." She tried to assure him, but he shook his head. 

"You could die at his hands or the hands of anyone from his Family." He warned her. "And he is likely only interested in you because you possess something he needs." 

"Yexuan..." She frowned at his words, but her brother shook his head again. 

"I know you don't trust me. But you are important to me and my only family. I can't let you die..." He told her, stopping short of saying anything more that should not be said right now. "If you don't love me the same way as I love you, I am fine with it, Alana. I promise you I will never speak about it again, but please, believe me when I tell you that Keith is not what he seems. He's evil..." 

"Shut up!"

"Listen to me!" He raised his voice, making her flinch and look at him fearfully. "You don't belong with him even if he is sincere to you! Your heart is pure, and he will ruin it. It does not matter to him if one is innocent or guilty. He only cares about himself. His hands are likely already stained with the blood of innocents, and he will taint you..." 

Alana listened to his words, and in her heart, she felt more restless. 

"And I belong with you? If he is what you say he is, then what is the difference between you and him? Did you not kill those people for sport?" She clenched her fist and questioned. 

"Alana..." 

"I would rather be with him than you." She ruthlessly said, and the colour drained from Yexuan's face. "I choose him. Please go away."

"Alana..." He tried to speak again, but his heart nearly stopped when he heard someone speak from right behind him. 

"Why do you think I am an evil person, Mr Parker?" 

Yexuan's mind blanked as he recognised the voice, and then an irresistible fear jolted his soul from deep within. 

78