62. She who hates
8.7k 13 350
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tomoka’s lungs deflated into a sigh as Itachi left. Now that she doesn't have to worry about him things should be easier. As soon as she thought that a bang could be heard inside the house. One of the inner traps had been triggered. 

 

‘Fuck!’ Without losing a moment Tomoka went inside through the nearest window sprinting towards Nozomi’s room. She had put Nozomi to sleep so she wouldn’t cause any trouble or trigger the traps by mistake. 

 

Once inside she saw a pair of ninjas. One was dead on the floor with his head blown up thanks to her shotgun trap. The other was hurt but very much alive, plunging a kunai towards the blankets Nozomi was under. 

 

“NO!!!” Using all her chakra, Tomoka opened the portal of speed force. In an instant loud crackling could be heard as Tomoka appeared next to the ninja with a kunai in hand. Said kunai had gone through the back of the ninja’s neck and appeared on the front. 

 

Ignoring the fatal injury, the ninja plunged the kunai into the blankets before dying. Crimson tainted the white blankets as Tomoka's heart dropped. All the exhaustion accumulated over the many nights she spent planning, over the fights she had just fought, all of it crashed on her.

 

“No” It was just a whisper as her shaky hands approached the blankets. With all the care in the world she began peeling them back. Below them she saw Nozomi’s pale complexion as blood drained from the wound on her chest. 

 

At that moment Tomoka’s world seemed to crash and burn. Her heart beat so fast and hard in her chest she felt like it would explode. The ringing in her ears made it impossible to think. Worst of all was the thumping. It was like a second heart had grown within her chest and thumped loudly to drown all else. 

 

Hate. She hated. She hated Danzo for the order of the massacre. She hated the stupid puppets for killing Nozomi. She hated Itachi for distracting her. She hated Sasuke, she hated Hiruzen. She hates Konoha. Above all else she hated herself. Hate clouded her mind and hate was all she could feel. 

 

In the mind's escape the lush green grass turned to cold ash. The trees became petrified and the clear water became black as tar. The bubbling in the center of the lake intensified and spread as clouds of red smoke rose to the blue sky turning it blood red. 

 

Kurama was scared shitless as the pressure mounted. He believed he had been blinded by hate in the past but this, this made his hate seem like a kid’s temper tantrum. He looked to his left were a metal box sealed away some of Tomoka’s memories. 

 

~Flashback no Jutsu~ 

 

‘Yo! Kurama, I need you to take care of this.’ Said Tomoka while pointing to a metal box with chains around it.         

 

[And that is?]

 

‘Some sealed memories. I left a note for myself saying that I should leave them with you. I can either unseal them after the massacre or if you deem it necessary’ With that Tomoka shrugged like it was none of her business.

 

[Whatever]

 

~Flashback end~

 

If this was not enough reason to unseal whatever was in there then nothing would. Thinking that, Kurama began the arduous process of removing the chains as he saw the mindscape change around him. 

 

As he was about to finish he saw how from within the middle of the lake, where the loud thumping was coming from, Ivory white bone began to appear. It looked like the skull of a lizard with jagged yellowish fangs. The more he saw the more terrified he became. 

 

Could it be that he wasn’t the only one sealed in here? The thing continued to surface as the bone began to be replaced with dark green scales around the end of the snout. On Top of its head straight black hair flowed like a waterfall of tar.  Then he saw the eyes, a pair of hate filled yellow eyes.

 

For a moment Kurama’s mind went blank as he could feel the hate the creature felt. A hate for everything and anything in the world. A hate so powerful that it threatened to consume and destroy it all. Without wasting a single moment Kurama broke the last chain. 

 

From within the metal box a set of books flew to the haggard looking mental library that still floated over the lake. Its once pristine white walls had flecks of paint peeling off. The wooden pillars looked rotten and frail, while the marble ones were broken. 

 

[Please work] Was all Kurama could think as he saw the books fly inside the library.        

350