64. Oditomnia
9.4k 40 361
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All the exhaustion from weeks of preparation to the very eventful night assaulted Tomoka in an instant. Her eyelids grew too heavy to keep open while her body refused her orders. With no other option she cuddled closer to the only source of warmth in this cold cave. Her muscles became loose as her breathing slowed down. 

 

Tomoka rarely had any dreams as instead she would just relax inside her mindscape. This time however, her mind was wide awake inside a different place. Darkness consumed it all and yet she felt like she could see with absolute clarity if there had been anything in there to see.

 

A moment later riples coursed through the floor as if it was made of liquid. From the center of the riples a figure emerged. Tall and lanky, almost bony in appearance. Its body completely black with dark-green scales here and there. Its exposed ribs and skull, an ivory white. Humanoid in shape and yet all of its features were but human. 

 

From the lizard-like skull a pair of yellow eyes shone through the black glossy straight hair that reached the floor. Those piercing eyes looked right at hers with amusement. Its jaws moved and words came out, desynchronized with them giving it an even creepier feeling. 

 

“Hello there” It spoke with a raspy and deep voice

 

“General Kenobi” Tomoka responded out of pure reflex.

 

“HAHAHAH” The strange creature began laughing madly as if this simple exchange had been the funniest thing it had ever witnessed. Tomoka for her part couldn’t help but chuckle at the silliness and bizarreness of the situation.

 

“To think that you would be relaxed enough to throw a star wars reference in this situation.” The creature’s tone was amused as its laughter died down. 

 

“Well, this is a weird dream and you feel somewhat familiar somehow” Tomoka’s instincts were giving her mixed signals. For one, they were screaming at her that whatever or whoever this is, is extremely dangerous. On the other hand she felt no ill will towards her. 

 

“You are familiar with me. After all, I am you, or a part of you” The creature’s skull creaked and moved, forming what could only be guessed to be a smile, a creepy one at that.  

 

“I am your anger, your hate, your resentment. I am the darkness resting within you. I am the plague that will rot the world by your will.” The skull continued to creak as the smile grew wider and wider. 

 

“I am one of three. One you already met, now you meet me. Who knows when you will meet the third” It continued its playful tone.

 

“We came to be when your new life began. We as parts of you desire what you desire. I for my part am content resting within your soul. Providing passive aid by my mere existence. However, know that once you call me, I won’t stop no matter what. Rip and tear until it’s done.” The thing began sinking back into the floor as it spoke. By the time it finished, it had sunk up to its knees.   

 

“That answers the who but not the what. So what are you and what is this passive aid you are talking about.” Even though Tomoka felt a bit perturbed knowing that this thing lived inside her or rather that it was part of her she needed information so she asked. 

 

“What I am is but a fragment of the original fused and absorbed by you just like one of the others. Where you come from it did not exist, known as mere fiction. However, it and all of its ilk do exist elsewhere. I believe you have seen it before if only out of curiosity. A fragment of 682, SCP 682-” 

 

“The hard to destroy reptile” Before the entity could finish Tomoka whispered under her breath. The entity or rather, the fragment of 682 was right, she had known about that lizard. She had gone through the SCP wiki out of pure curiosity once. 

 

Looking back up Tomoka saw that the entity had sunken up to its neck by now. Calling it 682 felt wrong as it wasn’t the reptile, at least not entirely. Calling it entity also felt somewhat wrong. 

 

“What should I call you?” She asked out of curiosity, not expecting an answer. 

 

“Oditomnia” It answered as it disappeared 

 

“Oditomnia, odit omnia, latin, hates everything, I guess it fits” Tomoka chuckled a bit as her sight went black. 

 

I don't know latin so please correct me if am wrong

361