92. The fortress
8k 29 300
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What are the two of you waiting for? Let's go!” Tomoka’s words broke the two girls out of their trance. Yes, Tomoka somehow froze stuff with an explosion but the explanation for it was quite simple. 

 

‘Tomoka did it so it's fine.’ That's right, through years of seeing Tomoka do absurd things the girls had become used to it. As the girls infiltrated the wooden fortress each one activated their respective dojutsu. Now is when things become serious.    

 

“Hinata see anything we should be careful of?” Nozomi continued her role as leader.

 

“I can’t see any traps but this whole place has chakra running through it. Yamato sensei could attack us from anywhere while in here.” As if answering her statement, a pillar of wood grew out of the wall in a collision course with Tomoka. 

 

Tomoka had seen this happening with her kinagan and so she was ready. With nimble movements she dodged the pillar easily. However from it a second followed which she dodged too. By now pillars started appearing from the floor and roof too attacking the other girls as well. 

 

“Move forward and dodge as you can. We need to find the totem pole.” Once again Nozomi gave her orders and the others followed. The problem was how the whole building could be considered a weapon. The three had a hard time dodging the constant attacks. Not to mention that Yamato would block off their paths from time to time. 

 

“This is too annoying, I am breaking through.” By the fifth time their path was blocked off Tomoka had enough. With a thought Tomoka imbued large amounts of lightning chakra in her body causing her lichtenberg scars to light up. The next moment she punched the wooden wall with all her strength causing it to blow up. Seeing this, Nozomi made a new plan.

 

“Hinata guide Tomoka to the totem in a straight line.” Hearing Nozomi’s words, Tomoka became excited. It was time for her to cut loose. What followed was a headache for Yamato as Tomoka wrecked his fortress.

 

A minute or so later the girls found themselves in a large room with the totem pole in the middle. Yamato, for his part, was standing on top of the pole. Seeing the girls reaching here so early he couldn’t help but sigh. He hadn’t gone easy on them per se but he still had to pull his punches so he wouldn’t hurt them too much.  

 

“It’s commendable that you three managed to reach here so quickly but I won’t be going easy on you.” As Yamato said that he created a wooden clone. Then the clone created a dome shaped cage around the pole leaving itself and the real Yamato out.

 

“If you three want to get to the totem then you will have to take me down.” As he said that he jumped in front of them and took a fighting stance.

 

Seeing this Tomoka made a simple hand sign to which the girls nodded. Following that Tomoka and Hinata ran forwards as Nozomi began running around. Seeing this Yamato engaged in melee with the two girls while the clone went to intercept Nozomi.

 

As Tomoka and Hinata approached Yamato both of them took out kunai with paper attached to them before throwing them. With no other option Yamato quickly dodged away as a loud explosion occurred where he had been. A moment later he had to dodge a kick from Tomoka followed by blocking a palm strike from Hinata. 

 

Nozomi for her part was constantly throwing kunais and shurikens towards the clone while attaching paper bombs to the pillars of the building. Her job was simple, make the room collapse or at least try. Although the bombs blew up the pillars, they regenerated almost instantly. This was also good as it meant that Yamato was constantly using chakra to repair the place.  

 

Like that the combat continued until Yamato noticed something that gave him chills. The air felt charged and Tomoka’s hair was standing up on its own. The longer they fought the scarier Tomokas smile became as her jutsu charged. Finally after more than ten minutes of constant battle Tomoka and Hinata disengaged, then it happened.

 

“Lightning style: Dance of the Lightning Beasts” 

 

As Tomoka said, lightning started to gather all around as it transformed into different beasts. From tigers to wolves, Bears to falcons, all kinds of beasts made of lightning appeared as they began to assault Yamato relentlessly. 

 

“Hinata, I leave the rest to you.” Said Tomoka with a bright smile as her body became unresponsive having used pretty much all of her chakra in that one move. 

For those of you confused as to how/why Tomoka ran out of chakra you have to keep in mind she has a shit ton of phantoms doing gods know what somewhere else in the world. Not to mention Raiton (Lightning style) uses more yang type energy than yin type. (said phantoms around the world weren't dispelled since she didn't draw their chakra. They can continue to function for a while without Tomoka constantly feeding them more chakra)

300