Chapter 09 – Shopping (~)
5.4k 5 147
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rimu and Kouta walked up the stairs and got to the front gate. None of the security stopped them because they thought that these two was their boss’ children.

"Hmm, Shizuoka... huh? The truck didn't go to my predicted destination, but this is not bad. Our next destination is Matsuzakaya Shizuoka Department Store."

"Oh well, we already came this far... I don't really have any choice, do I?" Kouta sighed.

Both of them walked towards the department store which was a 5 minutes’ walk from their current location. Kouta looked at his surroundings in awe since it was his first time visiting another city.

Adventuring alone in another city without any adults. This was not a daily experience for a mere 5th grader.

"What are you doing, Kouta? I'll leave you if you're slow!"

While he was fascinated with the different city atmosphere, Rimu had already walked quite far. Kouta ran frantically to catch up to her. He realized it very quickly, in this city, he did not have anyone who could be relied on except Rimu.

Without her, he would be change occupation from elementary schooler to homeless child.
Without anyone to be relied upon, he would die of starvation in a few days.
Worse, he could be trafficked by a human trafficker.

Losing her equals death!

They entered the department store and went straight to the electronics section.

  • [Acer Notebook Aspire E 15 Core-i3 ¥54.800]
  • [Dell Notebook Inspiron 14 5480 Core-i5 ¥81.436]

Kouta was dumbfounded after looking at each of the item prices.

'Oh syiddd!! That many yukichis12018: 1 yukichi = ¥10k needed for that one notebook?'

For a 5th grader who only got ¥200 pocket money per day, this price was ridiculously high.

"Not this place, let's search for other shops." Rimu said calmly.

Kouta was already sweating anxiously.

'What are you trying to buy in this place, Rimu? Did you steal your father’s credit card?'

They walked to various electronics shops until she found a shop which sold computer parts. She took a look and bingo!

'Found it, Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, ¥4.500. And this, SD card 8GB... Hmm the cheapest is ¥450, I'll take it.'

Rimu grabbed the two items and headed to the clerk.

"We got all we needed, let's go."

She quickly paid for the 2 items and left the department store with Kouta. They then went to a net cafe.

'So nostalgic... I remember that I had a cyber-homeless2Person who didn't have any permanent residence and sleep in net cafe. lifestyle for a few months before I was able to find a cheap apartment...'

She booked 30 minutes for ¥100 and started to surf the internet.

"Hmm, if I remember correctly the next step is installing the Raspberry OS to the SD card... Ok, click and download."

While waiting for the process to finish, Rimu created a Google, a Niconico, a Paypal, and a Patreon account. Her hands moved swiftly on the keyboard as if she was a professional pianist.

"All accounts registered, then verification. Done!"

Rimu quickly finished all the procedures and retrieved the OS-installed SD card. She didn't forget to clear all her browser history before switching off the computer.

"My business here is done, time to go home."

Rimu grabbed Kouta's hand and left the net cafe. Kouta who was still fascinated by the interior of the internet cafe immediately woke up and followed.

"Err, Rimu-chan? Do we need to take that truck again to go home?"

Kouta asked Rimu anxiously, however her answer made him stupefied.

"Huh? Don't be silly! We’ll take the train. The remaining funds are more than enough for 2 underage tickets for a round trip."

"Eeeh? Then why did we have to sneak into the truck ?!"

"Don't think about it, don't sweat the details too much.... Hahahaha."

Rimu couldn't tell him that she still had stingy mentality from her previous life.

Kouta: "..." I feel like my lifespan has been reduced by 10 years.

♦♦♦

 

Both of them took the train and arrived at Kusanagi Station.

Before going home, Rimu stopped by the neighborhood garbage disposal. With Kouta's help, she took the scratched LCD home. The trip took another 20 minutes before they arrived at the Nekomiya residence.

"I'm home!" Rimu cheerfully opened the door.

"Excuse me...*huff huff*"

Behind her, Kouta was breathing heavily, carrying the LCD in both of his hands.

Riku, who was eating a slice of Angel Whiff's cake in the living room: "...!" 'What’s going on?'

147