Chapter 323. A single ray of hope in an absolutely desperate situation. 
3k 24 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yasenia and the dragon image behind her looked at the Heavens past the two seniors, ready to receive their attack.

As a response to Yasenia's deep and resounding dragon roar, the Heavens answered with a rumbling sound that shook the earth. They were giving the last warning.

The Heavens wouldn't let a supreme being be born that easily. However, if Yasenia insisted, they would attack her regardless.

Nevertheless, Yasenia didn't back off. With a broken body dripping with blood and weakening by the second, she welcomed the challenge.

The people around were unbelieving. How could a single creature be so stupid? Going against the Heavens was spelling certain doom.

Nevertheless, there she was, floating above a big Black Sphere and bleeding on it constantly. Behind her, the image of a powerful-looking dragon flapped its wings majestically. The dragon had a Sun and a Moon on each wing, with a blue body that seemed littered with stars and constellations.

A truly captivating and mysterious-looking creature.

Meanwhile, after they saw they couldn't stop her from taking that decision, Tai Yang and Change'er eyes cooled down.

The second Yasenia took that Celestial Energy thread, they knew their plans would be disrupted. However, they couldn't do anything then, so they just observed from a distance, waiting for a chance to arise. Most likely, when Yasenia was weakened, they would implement their plans in advance.

*RUMBLE!*

The Heaven's thundered one more time! Announcing their impending attack. The multicolored lightning circled in the cloud above Yasenia, getting charged further.

Yasenia's gaze remained firm, looking straight at the Heavens, and she pointed her sword upwards. Then, without fear, she shouted with all her might. "Heavens, if we fight, only one outcome will be possible!"

"Under this Heaven!"

"Above this Earth!"

"Only I shall remain victorious!"

*BOOM!*

With that declaration, the [Primordial energy Core] began absorbing all the energy in the surroundings one more time, and the [Celestial Pearl] spun, feeding on the rampant Celestial Energy going across Yasenia's broken body.

Then, Yasenia tried to control that monstrously powerful energy with her [Empyrean Galaxy Domain], summoning a blindingly beautiful galaxy behind her.

Then, she coated her body in the [Celestial Dress], increasing her affinity with the Celestial Energy.

Next, she used [Dragon Authority] to further strengthen her overall aura.

Finally, she concentrated all that energy inside [Draconic Heart], igniting the powerful blue sword with a starry glow.

Everything Yasenia learned and achieved until now was gathered in a single strike.

However, Change'er and Tai Yang, as promised, strengthened the lightning bolt.

With their intervention, the multicolored lightning, now surrounded by a silvery and golden coat, finally left the cloud and fell toward Yasenia.

It wasn't thick; on the contrary, it was just a finger-width lightning bolt.

Still, the air under it compressed and exploded. It didn't fall quickly, but the aura it carried made it impossible to dodge.

A visible shockwave dragged behind the thin bolt, adding to its terrifying sight another layer of danger.

The strength of that lightning bolt was so high that not even a Dantian Spiritualization Realm Cultivator would be able to block it and escape unharmed or even alive from it.

After the two Gods buffed it, It was undoubtedly something above Yasenia's strength. Something she wouldn't be able to survive.

Pressed on the ground and unable to move, Andrea, Angel, Cecile, Evelyn, and Kali felt their hearts squeeze. They were comparing strengths, hoping to find Yasenia's gathered energy and the lightning's at least similar, but the level was like an ant against an elephant.

In their eyes, Yasenia didn't stand a chance.

Far away in the Sky Continent, standing in the Throne Hall inside her palace, Tatyana felt scared for the first time.

She didn't plan for this to happen; she didn't even know that this would happen.

Tatyana had never used her Fate reading on Yasenia because she was scared that it would influence it in the wrong way. Therefore, she didn't know when Yasenia would die or if Yasenia would overcome her disasters and reach her level.

However, looking at that lightning bolt, for the first time in many, many years, Tatyana felt scared from the bottom of her heart.

She loved Yasenia; she really did.

After so long, the wandering and emotionless Death Empress finally found the love she had been searching for throughout her long life.

She found a place to rest her heart at ease.

But as that lightning bolt slowly inched closer to her dear daughter, everything felt bleak. If everything Yasenia had was what she had gathered, the lightning bolt was stronger.

Until now, Tatyana had always tried to teach Yasenia everything she could to allow her to escape any dire situation she would find far away from her protection. Never since Yasenia was born did Tatyana think she would be able to stay at her side and always protect her.

And that was the case.

Therefore, at that moment, all she could do was pray. Pray for her daughter's plans to be complete and be able to survive this unavoidable calamity.

Yasenia observed the lethal bolt and gripped [Draconic Heart] with her two hands and all her strength. Then, she placed the sword behind her and slashed upward with her whole being.

"ROAR!"

Every single inch of her entire being roared as her sword moved to meet the falling disaster.

To the dismay of many people and the glee of others, Yasenia didn't add anything more. She didn't have anything more. Unlike the expectations of those close to her, all Yasenia had was what she had currently gathered.

As the sword and lightning approached each other, that strand of Celestial Attribute danced imposingly. The energy she had amassed until now rushed toward her slash.

Most of the energy in her surroundings enhanced the Celestial Energy strand to go against the catastrophic Lightning bolt.

Wherever Yasenia's sword moved, it left a trail that resembled multiple constellations. Beautiful without compare, but at that moment, it also seemed tragic.

Her [Empyrean Galaxy Domain] became more tangible, and the galaxy behind her spun aggressively, making the air tremble around the powerful dragoness.

As the galaxy spun, the constellations shone, and Yasenia used every fiber of her body to move the massive attack.

In the next instant, sword and lightning met!

The Secret Realm trembled.

The world dimmed as the titanic attacks collided.

The sound of the collision was deafening, and the explosion sent every single cultivator in a two-kilometer radius flying outward.

The explosion was so strong that it shook the brain of the people present, making them dizzy as their bodies ragged on the ground.

Still, Mirrory waved her hand and created a thick and transparent shield before the group, blocking the shockwave. The result was a razed surrounding, leaving a small isle of land behind Mirrory's protection.

After the aftereffects of the collision calmed enough to look at the result, everyone's eyes opened hastily and looked over.

The explosion had blown the clouds above away, leaving light to fall on the floating creature. The Tribulation had passed.

In the middle of the destruction, Yasenia was floating in the air, completely naked. Her [Seductive Dragoness Battle Dress] had disintegrated, blown into pieces, never to be recovered.

Andrea and the others felt pure delight coursing their bodies, but that soon would dissipate.

The spectators looked at the only things left after their collision flattened the surroundings. The only things in the completely flattened surroundings were the two seniors, Yasenia, her sword, and the black [Primordial energy Core] floating below Yasenia.

Evelyn looked happily at the others, the same for Andrea and Kali, but when they saw Angel's and Cecile's wide-eyed faces, their hearts sank, and their words got stuck in their throats.

They hastily looked back, and they didn't believe their eyes.

The sword in Yasenia's hand fell down and sank inside the Black Sphere below. However, it fell not because Yasenia lost grip but because the handle seemingly fell through Yasenia's hand.

Right after, a small wind swept across Yasenia's body, and like mist in the morning, she slowly scattered, slowly disappearing from their sight.

Angel, Kali, Andrea, Cecile, and Evelyn were surprised at first, then completely in disbelief.

"YASENIA!" They shouted with a heart-wrenching scream. They couldn't believe it. They didn't want to believe it!

However, together with their desperate shout, Yasenia disappeared in the wind, dropping the [Celestial Pearl] into the Black Sphere below.

Tatyana looked at it without an expression and dull eyes. Her red eyes darted around, trying to find the slightest clue telling her Yasenia was alive. How could her little treasure fall to the Tribulation?

Tatyana didn't believe it, but if that was the case, she swore to destroy the Heavens and everything they wanted to protect!

At the same time, Cecile and Angel used their connection to feel Yasenia. They refused to have their dearest disappear like that.

They sunk their minds inside their souls and frantically searched for a single hint of Yasenia's vital signs.

As their consciousness searched for it and Tatyana's whole being was searching for clues, they found something.

Tatyana saw the Black Sphere lightly moving, a movement so small that even she almost missed it.

Then, she remembered how [Draconic Heart] and the [Celestial Pearl] fell into the Black Sphere. A conjecture instantly flashed in her mind, and her previously dull eyes flashed crimson light, a wild smile spreading on her face. "Hahahaha! Of course! Of course! After all, she is my daughter. Doing crazy things must be in our blood, hahaha."

Tatyana's maniac and happiness-filled laughter spread around. However, together with that laughter, tears filled with relief also fell down Tatyana's cheeks.

Cecile and Angel also felt an extremely weak and almost indistinguishable connection with the Floating Black Sphere, which allowed their hanging hearts to rest.

However, Kali, Evelyn, and Andrea were still looking at that place with expressions of disbelief.

Andrea turned toward Cecile and asked with a trembling voice, her light green eyes becoming misty. "Tell me she is alive, please." Andrea's voice sounded extremely weak as if trying to seize onto a life-saving branch. More than a request, it felt like a cry for help.

Evelyn and Kali also turned their heads toward them, looking at them with eyes that barely hid the current pain they were feeling but also with a small hopeful light at the bottom of their gaze.

Cecile got a big scare, so her body was still trembling with the powerful emotions she felt at that moment. However, her voice was firm and resolute as she confirmed Yasenia's life. "She is alive."

Before Cecile answered, Mirrory created a sound barrier, preventing curious ears from listening.

Andrea, Kali, and Evelyn looked at Cecile, their dimming eyes regaining the light of hope.

Angel had also felt it, but she feared for it to be her imagination. Therefore, the moment Cecile confirmed it, her legs gave in, and she fell onto her knees and hands powerlessly. The moment, Yasenia's body disintegrated, she felt her world crashing down.

Evelyn grabbed Cecile's hand strongly and looked deeply into Cecile's eyes, her normally playful self nowhere to be seen. "You are not lying." More than a question, it seemed an affirmation. However, Cecile answered with a resolute nod, looking back into Evelyn's eyes.

Angel stood up wobbly and hugged Evelyn's arm for support. She choked with emotion as she also confirmed it. "Yes! I can also feel her! She is not dead!"

Mirrory and Valeria silently supported Angel and Kali and looked at the [Primordial Energy Core] floating in the middle. They both thought Yasenia had died, but Angel's and Cecile's words didn't seem to be a rambling of a desperate person.

Their eyes flashed with even more interest toward the dragoness, 'Interesting.'

Angel also looked over, making everyone follow her gaze, and said. "But it is strange. I can feel her in the [Primordial Energy Core]. What happened?"

110