Chapter 552. The Brilliant Auction House. Unveiling the Open Market.
1.7k 17 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Carbira walked beside Yasenia further into the auction house and asked. "How are you, Lady Yasenia? Did the injuries from the battle heal?"

Yasenia nodded. "I didn't suffer harsh wounds. But my girls had to stay at home to recuperate."

Carbira looked at Tatyana, and her eyes crossed, showing confusion.

Tatyana smiled. "Although it is a bit embarrassing, I was knocked out at the beginning of the battle. My injuries are not as deep as those of my sisters who fought for the Matriarch. I'm ashamed."

Carbira gave a few words of worry because she knew how much Yasenia loved these humans. "Either way, if you fainted, the injury to the head should be significant. Unless your master calls, you should rest and recover."

Tatyana sincerely smiled. "Thank you for your concern, Lady Carbira. I'm mostly healed."

The thanks were naturally honest since beast humans thinking about human well-being was rare.

Yasenia asked. "Well, Hanna told me today's Auction will be slightly different. How is it so?"

Carbira began explaining. "The participation and items to be sold are many. Although there was a test for you, it was because you asked to participate in the last and most important day. In truth, as long as you had magic-ranked items, participating was not a problem."

Carbira commented. "There are almost twenty thousand items to be auctioned and almost one hundred thousand that can be directly bought today."

Cecile was surprised. "So many?"

Carbira smiled. "For so many items, there needs to be a change, or else, people will have their ears ringing and the auctioneers with parched throats for shouting so many items, hahaha."

"The leader hence came with this method. Instead of a closed auction, he made it similar to an open market. We've priced everything that can be sold directly and also prices the minimum offer for other items so that people know how much it will cost."

Carbira took out a jade slip and gave it to Yasenia. "This is the catalog that we've kept hidden until today. The main reason for that is to give a sense of urgency. With so many items, people will scurry around quickly to select the ones they like."

"For today's auction, the price range will be from mid-level Magic to Low-level Earth ranked treasures."

Cecile frowned, something Carbira's cute vertical eyes didn't miss.

Carbira smiled. "Lady Cecile, don't worry. If that quality is too low for you, there is still a reason to participate."

Yasenia lifted an eyebrow. "Oh? Please do tell."

Carbira spoke proudly. "We've also placed two of your lowest-level items on sale. Even then, they are Heaven-ranked, so they'll be the main attraction today. This will help spread the name around as these 'Starred Treasures' receive a lot of attention."

Yasenia nodded nonchalantly. "When does the event open to the public? I saw quite a multitude outside."

Carbira tilted her head. "Is it not to your liking, Lady Yasenia?"

"It's not like that. Even if we just sold the top five treasures, we would gain enough attention. Hence, it was a redundant action. Moreover, the people that this will spread to are low-level ones, for the most part. However, it is not bad at all. Like placing a cherry on an already delicious cake."

Carbira chuckled at the example, but it sounded very fitting.

"You can continue explaining. How does this open market-style auction help? Or what kind of things should we take into account?"

Carbira's voice flowed like a calming stream. "First of all, we will open in an hour to the public. We want our VIP members to look around without the crowd first and see if they find something interesting. Then, oh?" Carbira smiled at the door at the end of the long and tall hallways. "We are here."

She stepped before Yasenia and pushed the doors open.

Then, they arrived at an area wide enough to fit her entire estate comfortably.

It was not inside a building. There was no ceiling above them, only walls at the edges of the enormous area.

There weren't many people at first sight, and it looked slightly deserted.

Yet, the rows and rows of counters with different items, signals, and words were imposing.

Hanna whistled. "This anniversary, your leader went above and beyond. It is the biggest one yet."

Carbira pointed at the side. "That's the map. The different colored areas point at the type of things sold."

Yasenia read a few of the labels. "Red for miscellaneous, light green for alchemy, dark green for herbs, purple for cultivation resources…"

"Hmm. I see. Interesting."

Carbira smiled. "Well, to explain how this system works is very easy. Come with me."

They followed through the mostly empty aisles that intertwined between the booths.

Yasenia asked. "Do you have to do something today?"

Carbira smiled shyly and spoke, her eyes dancing with evident happiness. "I'm lucky enough to have been responsible for accompanying Lady Yasenia during the three days. So besides guiding you, I have nothing to do."

Yasenia couldn't resist patting her head and giving her a smile. "That's perfect."

Carbira blushed and squirmed bashfully.

Hanna smiled. "Matriarch, it appears my attendance is redundant."

"It is not." Yasenia was quick to deny her claim. "Having two opinions is better than one. I'll be counting on both of you to guide me."

Carbira nodded and guided Yasenia to the open area where miscellaneous items were sold.

To guide oneself through this labyrinth-like place, there were plenty of signs on tall poles and directions. With a little bit of common sense, it was easy to navigate everything.

It felt like walking in a small town made of stalls selling items.

Yasenia approached one of the booths and looked at the names above. She could identify the name of races, clans, and sects.

"What do those represent?"

Carbira answered. "They are the names of the powers who auctioned the items on this stall."

Hanna praised the presentation. "Instead of a roadside stall, it looks more like a storefront of a luxury shop. Although the materials are low-level, the appearance is extraordinary and clean. Very easy to see and distinguish items."

The items were inside a glass container and had red cushions with golden threaded edges supporting them. If each item had one of these, there would be more than 100,000 of them. Setting this up must have been quite time-consuming.

Yasenia found it a bit over the top, to be honest. "If magic-level items have this careful arrangement, I'm actually eager to see how my items are offered."

Carbira smiled. "We treat every item with care and do our best to expose them. As for the leading treasures like yours, we naturally placed them in the most eye-catching place."

Yasenia looked over to where Carbira was looking and saw a beam of light. "Hmm~. I see."

Yasenia wanted to experience the buying process, so she searched for something interesting. "Hanna, if you see anything you like, tell me. You should know we are not lacking in capital, so don't hold back. Also, the same goes for things you feel any of your sisters would like."

Hanna smiled happily and nodded. "Many thanks, Matriarch. I will not be polite."

They walked around, and Cecile said. "Look at that pen. It looks nice."

Yasenia turned around and approached it with the others. It was a white writing pen with a golden snake-like creature adorning the body.

Yasenia titled her head. "Do you like it?"

Cecile nodded. "The Golden Dragon looks good."

Yasenia blinked and laughed. "Sweetheart, that's a serpent. It doesn't have horns or wings. Look, the name is here."

Cecile blinked and looked to the side. She read aloud. "[Treasure Serpent Pen]."

Cecile's slight interest disappeared like a cloud of smoke would on a windy day. "Don't buy it, then. So misleading. Why make arms in a serpent creature?"

Hanna chuckled and asked. "Did you want to buy it because it was a dragon, Lady Cecile?"

Cecile nodded calmly. "Obviously, what other thing could attract my attention from a normal magic-ranked pen? Even if you gave it to me for free, I wouldn't have wanted it."

Yasenia kissed her cheek and laughed. "You are so cute. I'll buy it myself either way. It looks a bit like Kaleina. Carbira, let us go through the process."

Carbira smiled and approached. "Let's explain everything. First, you need to use an energy strand to register and mark the item as something you want."

Yasenia asked. "Why is there a need to do that?"

Carbira spoke. "All items that are not instantly sold will be auctioned. We can't ask everyone to look at all items, after all. The purpose of the first hours of the day is to thin out the purchasable items."

"Then, the process will be moved to our auction stages. There are over one hundred auction rooms beside the main one. People will be able to go to a certain auction room and participate. However, what if the item you took fancy before is not in that room? That's why we need to register you."

"In short, after registering with the card you received, it will show if your item is being sold and in which room."

Yasenia asked. "What if two items or more are sold simultaneously."

Carbira shrugged. "They hopefully trained in multitasking, or else it will be a bit of a mess for them. You can either vote in presence or vote via the card. However, the problem is that the card only considers those items you've registered. Therefore, you can't vote for anything else if you are not present in one of the auction rooms."

Yasenia understood. "It's a bit messy, to be honest. Why make it so big either way?"

"I heard it was because competition began appearing. The leader wants to reaffirm prestige by creating such a big scale event and showing those powers he can manage and invite all of them."

Tatyana rolled her eyes. "In short, he is showing off. What a waste of time, materials, and workforce. He could've used all of this to open an extra branch in another city or reinforce formations, to name a few."

Carbira was at a loss for words for a second.

Yasenia refocused the speechless crab woman. "Well, all we need to do to attach this card is use a strand of our aura, right?"

The crab woman snapped out of her daze and nodded. "Yes."

Yasenia gave the card to Hanna, making her and Carbira confused. "Hanna, go ahead."

Hanna nodded without question and did so.

Carbira's protruding eyes spun in confusion. "Why did you not do it yourself, Lady Yasenia?"

Yasenia smiled. "Just in case. I don't want my energy trace to be used without my knowledge."

Carbira felt a bit uncomfortable with the lack of trust in their power. "I don't think there is such a mechanism, but sure."

Hanna heard Yasenia and hugged her while fake crying. "Lady Yasenia, you used me as a testing subject! I feel hurt! Only your love can cure my betrayed heart!"

Yasenia smiled and slapped her butt, making her yelp as her wings fluttered happily…

Hm? Happily? No wonder Evelyn and the harpies call each other sisters.

Anyway, I digress.

Yasenia did not only give Hanna a gentle slap but also gave her a reproachful gaze without any ill intent behind it. "Behave. You know I would not let you fall into danger. I know there is nothing harmful. I'm just being safe."

Hanna blushed and separated from Yasenia's body after the delightful slap on her fleshy butt, her eyes coquettish. "Sorry, my Lady. And thank you for the reward~."

Yasenia was stunned for a second, but Evelyn's training made her recover at record speeds.

She turned toward Carbira after taking the card from Hanna and asked. "What's next?"

Carbira asked. "Did you receive the VIP jade card? Approach it here. There is a formation that will register you."

Hanna was confused. "Then why do you need the energy trace?"

Carbira spoke from memory, clearly reciting someone's instructions. "In case the jade card gets stolen. It is an extra security measure."

Yasenia had guessed that there was something fishy, so she didn't push the matter. 'There might be more to it, but now that Hanna is in charge of the energy, it is not my problem. Moreover, placing something harmful in these things is the height of stupidity. No one in their sane mind would offend this many powers at once.'

Tatyana finished her analysis and commented. 'Little treasure, there is a formation to register and analyze the energy signs. It just will show the strength of the person and such. Moreover, there is something akin to an information retention formation, so it is clear that they want to use these traces and sell them to other powers.'

Yasenia internally sneered. 'I knew it.'

Hanna also heard it, and her eyebrows jumped. 'Whoa, they are malicious. Thankfully, I was the one who did it, Matriarch. I wouldn't want your information being sold around like a hot cake.'

Yasenia caressed her wing softly and smiled. 'I knew there was no harm before I asked you, Hanna. I was guarding against this exact situation.'

Hanna smiled and leaned on Yasenia's side. 'I know, Matriarch. By the way, that butt slap was delightful. I may ask for more as a reward.'

Yasenia rolled her beautiful golden eyes, and they continued the process.

************************************************

Author: Well, that's it.

Tatyana: Heh.

Author: What's with that smirk?

Tatyana: That bit of information is very useful~.

Yasenia: Unless they are hostile, let's keep it as is.

Author: Useful?

Tatyana: Well, let's leave it to your dears to guess how that information can be used.

Author: Oy, one thing is being secretive. Another is being secretive toward your creator!

Tatyana: Anyway, I summon you!

Author: Ha!? I didn't even… When did you build the formation!? The other times I was robbed because you all waited until the formation was complete!

Tatyana: I've seen it done so many times. Only a monkey wouldn't learn it.

Author: QAQ.

Angel: Wow… I couldn't even catch a glimpse.

Randomplant: Hello!

Evelyn: Yo!

Randomplant: Well, here is the question. Yasenia, have you considered making ice cream from your milk for Kaleina to see how she reacts?

Yasenia: …

Yasenia: Why didn't I think of it?

Yasenia: WHY DIDN'T THAT WONDERFUL THOUGHT CROSS MY MIND! AHH!!

Randomplant: I- Uh.

Yasenia: I don't deserve to be a mother!

Randomplant: Wait, wait. Aren't you skipping many steps?

Yasenia: I should bang my head in ice cream until I die!

Randomplant: Oy, girls, help! She has summoned ice cream out of who knows where!

Tatyana: Welp.

Kali: She is weeping?

Andrea: Sorry, but I can only find this funny.

Evelyn: As if ice cream can damage a dragon.

*BANG!* *BANG!* *BANG!*

Evelyn: …

Author: Well, while Yasenia wails in regret of not having been able to see Kaleina's face scrunch as she eats something very cold and delicious, let's say goodbye.

Randomplant: You are not going to do anything!?

Author: (Who would want to deal with that?)

Author: Bye-bye!

The girls: …

Randomplant: …

Yasenia: My life is a lie!!!

77