Chapter 631. Astral Sky Sect vs Five Shadow Fang. (2)
1.6k 15 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feng Xue Xian naturally wouldn't stay still as Angel gathered energy. Moreover, they had an absolute advantage of seven to one. 

"Attack! Show them that we are not small fish to be hunted down!" 

With Feng Xue Xian's shout, cultivators from all sides rushed toward Yasenia's group.

A circular green and black formation lit up in the sky above the Astral Sky Sect cultivators, and a dome covered them all. 

Although Yasenia wanted to fight the Five Shadow Fang, she didn't want to lose everyone. So, there were plans laid out. 

Yasenia uttered coldly. "Attack."

First of all, an instantly deployable defensive formation was set up. Then, the Astral Sky Group's cultivators shot strong ranged attacks toward the approaching cultivators.

Yasenia and the girls also took part in that.

Continuous explosions were heard as the attack of one thousand cultivators met the defenses of seven thousand.

Feng Xue Xian's lips first arched in a sneer, feeling that Yasenia's attempt was plain and childish.

However, her smirk froze when tens of attacks breached through the defenses and exploded in the middle of the thousands of cultivators.

BOOM!

Screams of pain spread as five hundred cultivators died, with more than one thousand injured.

It was the effect of Yasenia telling the maids to attack relatively strongly for the first barrage. 

Feng Xue Xian shouted. "Attack back!"

The remaining five thousand cultivators also attacked as they approached Yasenia's group. 

Yasenia commanded with a thunderous tone. "Pour energy toward the formation."

Her words spread like an inviolable order as [War Intent] burst from her figure, giving her presence an authoritative and commanding aura. 

Those who couldn't resist moved even before they registered Yasenia's words.

The black and green formation blocked all the incoming attacks without a problem. The dragoness looked at the close enemies and shook her head silently. 'Leaving the formation we were trying to destroy instead of waiting inside and attacking us from a distance is truly foolish. I can feel that wide-scale battles are not that common here.' 

And Yasenia was correct. The powers of Distancia were so deep-rooted that large-scale attacks like these didn't happen. The main reason was that with the complicated relations, other powers feared being attacked by the rest if they made a wrong step.

It was a very stale power balance that was only broken from time to time by juniors battling for not-so-important matters.

While Yasenia's side sent long-distance attacks to the attacking cultivators, Angel finished gathering energy. 

During this time, two hundred more died on the Five Shadow Fang side.

Angel's energy gathered above the Five Shadow Fang city, and her voice echoed with penetrating might. "[Formation Destruction]."

Dozens of iridescent glass prisms materialized, and light energy shot toward them, connecting them in a complex formation.

Feng Xue Xian reacted and slapped her palm in the direction of those glass prisms, trying to destroy them.

The image of a wrinkled palm materialized and struck the prisms. 

But to her surprise, a spherical shield protected each of those, and the formation activated.

On the other side, when the palm struck, Angel grunted, and a trail of blood dripped from the corner of her lips. 

She had used her strength to protect it against a powerful mid-level Epoch Core, which created a backlash on her and damaged her internal organs.

But the defense made it possible for the formation to activate, and pillars of light descended from each of those floating glass prisms. 

The light sank into the transparent dome surrounding the small city, and countless lines and runes appeared on the defensive formation.

A second palm from Feng Xue Xian shot toward the glass prisms, but Angel didn't defend, allowing her to destroy it. After all, the damage was done.

The runes and lines that appeared on the dome got erased where the light pillars touched, destabilizing the entire formation. 

By the time Feng Xue Xian destroyed Angel's formation, the dome shattered with a loud sound of glass being destroyed.

Meanwhile, Yasenia controlled the battle situation on their side, giving orders without stopping. "High defense group, stop the right attack. Swordmasters, slice the left combined attack. Long-range specialists focus on their long-range attackers. The rest continue pouring energy into the formation. Defense group, move to the front. Swordmasters, do not stop cutting the close-range energy attacks."

The loud sound of the Five Shadow Fang's defensive formation being destroyed entered her ears, and her lips arched. 

Then, she continued commanding with fluidity while the [War Intent] assured her intentions were being communicated as she wanted. "Stop and reorganize. Let the formation absorb the attacks until we organize. Form a defensive perimeter of three lines, support and healing team, and stay in between the second and third defensive line. Melee combatants, prepare to defend the flanks. Range fighters, prepare to intercept attacks trying to damage our support. Sky Elders, you are the main attackers. Astral Elders, stop their high-level Seniors from disrupting our pace." 

Yasenia flapped her wings and soared to the sky, getting close to the limit of their defensive formation. 

The maids followed right behind her. 

When the cracks spread around and the formation was about to collapse, Yasenia ordered. "Gather energy and prepare defensive measures!" 

Above Yasenia, Feng Xue Xian, and Jian Li floated together with fifty other high-level people, ready to strike her down the instant the defensive formation collapsed.

Yasenia was fearless. "Alaia, guide the maids and fight them. Do not show all of your strength until someone from our side dies. If that happens, destroy them all. Leila, focus on protecting my girls and me." 

Alaia, Leila, and the maids answered solemnly. "Yes, young miss!" 

The one thousand cultivators from the Astral Sky Clan tensed as the formation showed signs of collapsing. 

The people from the Five Shadow Fang began shouting in rage because of the deaths of their comrades. "Prepare to die!"

"You dare provoke us!? Now it's time to taste death!" 

"You will wish you had died during battle when we are done with you!" 

Yasenia looked at the tensing cultivators and shouted, her aura and tone extremely cold and overbearing. "Those trashes are not half your worth. Eradicate them!" 

After three more seconds, the formation couldn't hold back and was shattered. By then, the initial seven thousand enemies were reduced to five thousand five hundred. Most of the damage was done by the attacks from the Astral Elders and the maids.

Right after the barrier broke, Feng Xue Xian shouted. "KILL!" 

The fifty cultivators descended with extreme momentum. As they were low and mid-level Epoch Core cultivators, the pressure wave affected Yasenia.

However, it was not to the point that it reduced her strength.

Yasenia and the girls naturally didn't dare hold back and unleashed all their strengthening auras and intents together with the maids.

BOOOM!

The space around them appeared to crack as their strength soared to the sky, trying to pierce the heavens while destroying the pressure the Five Shadow Fang elders created.

Alaia stopped Feng Xue Xian and Jian Li while another high-level maid met with another four mid-level Epoch Core cultivators, and they began fighting, creating catastrophic clashes in the air.

The rest of the maids then took on in a frontal clash forty of the cultivators, leaving the final four to our girls.

One mid-level Epoch Core and three low-level Epoch Core.

The girls were fearless and flew from Yasenia's back to meet with them, supported by Tatyana and Valeria, while Mirrory and Leila overlooked their battle.

Yasenia didn't join as she was giving orders to the one thousand cultivators resisting the five thousand cultivators of similar strength.

With Luscia, Aviana, Finnegan, and Drasha, the middle-level Epoch Core cultivators, focusing on the offense, the other Sky Elders focused on supporting the peak-level Ethereal Soul Body Realm cultivators and defending against the low-level Epoch Core cultivators Feng Xue Xian directed toward them. 

Yasenia was constantly generating stars with all her star-related skills and throwing them with [Starfall] like white meteors. Of course, she was also frequently speaking. "Left flank, tighten up the defense. Right flank, you are going too far; stay compact. The first defensive line will change positions with the second line when the Astral Elders release a powerful attack… Now! Support focuses on healing the retreated first defensive line, while the third takes the second line and helps shoulder the burden. Range attackers, attack quicker!" 

The formation below the giant dragon was like a single creature, as Yasenia's orders kept everything firmly stuck together.

Although injuries were happening constantly, with Yasenia's macro and micromanagement, the Sky Elders could constantly save them before someone died. 

Moreover, Yasenia herself wasn't throwing building-sized [Stars] at random but using them as coverage and support. 

The dragoness calculated that about forty enemies died per minute, but those numbers constantly increased. 

Although the girls were fighting the powerful mid-level Epoch Core and three low-level Epoch Core cultivators, they had some of their attention on Yasenia. 

It was their first time seeing Yasenia commanding an army, and they felt awe.

They knew that Yasenia had led a War in her trial, but until today, they hadn't seen "General Yasenia" in action. 

The Ethereal Voice of the giant dragon deeply permeated the area filled with explosions and other loud sounds, being clearly heard. 

Feng Xue Xian and Jian Li became anxious as Alaia was much stronger than they expected. The yellow-scaled voluptuous dragoness wielded her spear with ease as her extreme speed left them with no other option but to defend.

Of course, Alaia wasn't going all out. Yasenia had told her to keep them in check, not to defeat them, so she was doing just that.

"Begin reducing the low-level Epoch core cultivators until fifteen maids can go down to help."

Yasenia ordered after she saw that a few Sky Elders had made a mistake and were heavily injured. 

The maid's auras ballooned as a bloodthirsty light appeared in their eyes. 

The forty [Five Shadow Fang] seniors felt a chill in their spines and wanted to retreat, but it was too late.

With flawless coordination, the thirty-five maids attacked.

A low-level Epoch Core cultivator was hit on the side, and while he defended, a shadow appeared behind him.

He hastily turned and blocked, but when his and the maid's sword collided, a flash of light from the edge of another weapon was reflected on his periphery. It was too late to dodge.

SLASH!

His head flew high up in the air.

On another corner, a slim mid-level Epoch Core was suddenly assaulted by a darkness wave, and she hastily used a skill to block the attack.

While she channeled, her instincts screamed danger and hastily flew back. The place she previously stood was pierced by a massive lightning strike, making her feel the cold sweat on her skin. 'I almost died-Huh?'

"[Shadow Seeping Body]!"

Her body became smoke-like, and a heavy ax split her in half. 

She began reforming a few hundred meters away, but when she used her spiritual sense to feel her surroundings, her eyes widened as one of the white-clothed maids was already waiting for her. 'She predicted where I would go!?'

The maid's cold voice reached her ears. "Death is the only result for those who offend our Young Miss. [Air Shredding Destruction]." 

A massive explosion of Wind energies swallowed the mid-level Epoch Core, shredding her body into a bloody mess.

The sixth-level Dantian Spiritualization Realm maid chanted again. "[Storm Cutter]."

The woman who barely survived was sliced in half in less than a blink of an eye.

In that way, the maids reduced the forty people to thirty with ruthless efficiency, and then fifteen maids went to help with the situation down below. 

Yasenia was internally amazed. 'Twenty-five seconds was all it took. They are truly exceptional.' 

With the maids taking care of the defense, her orders became broader as she changed from being on the defensive to the offensive. 

The number of deaths on the enemy side exploded from forty to one hundred and fifty per minute. 

71