Chapter 681. A Dragon’s Ballade: [Day and Night Cycle] Unleashed.
1.6k 17 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The 75-meter-tall puppet looked at the opposing dragon and opened its mouth to roar with a fierce cry.

RAHHH!!!!

Yasenia stood on her hind legs, and she not only roared but also used [Moon Dragon Roar] while her wings unfolded in all their glory.

ROAAAR!!!!!!! 

Using her [Moon Dragon Roar] in her dragon form made it several times more potent, and a visible silvery ripple spread through the space toward the Epoch Devil Puppet. The silvery tides crashed against the sound waves of the puppet, piercing through and impacting it frontally.

Xiang Yinnu and the puppet screamed while taking a few steps back. Her brain shook, making Yinnu dizzy, and her body felt cold and freezing.

Yasenia returned to four legs without losing the chance and rushed forward with agile strides while opening her giant maw. 

"[Moon Dragon breath]!" 

A silver beam of pure Moon Energy created a giant wave of fog in the air. Yinnu felt danger, and she controlled the puppet from the inside, even when her head was pounding in pain, and her limbs felt stiff. 

"[Devil Puppet Wall]!" 

BANG!!! 

The wall, several times taller and thicker than before, completely blocked the dragon's breath attack, but it gave Yasenia enough time to reach a melee distance. 

Using her dragon body, she burst through the frozen and brittle wall, arriving right before the giant puppet. 

Yinnu recovered and saw the giant dragon pouncing on her while her two frontal limbs swirled with Moon energy.

Twisting the body of the devil puppet and taking a step sideways, she avoided the first clawing motion. A large wave of frost froze everything in several hundreds of meters before the claw attack. It was an attack carrying [Draconic Crescent Moon].

Still, as if Yasenia had expected it, her dragon body bent in the direction of the claw attack, making the miss broader. Yinnu was confused for just a moment until she felt enormous pressured air hitting her back. 

A massive tail strike landed on the puppet's back. "GAH!" 

Xiang Yinnu gritted her teeth when the entire puppet shook, and the giant body flew for hundreds of meters, rolling on the ground.

The rumbling and deep dragon roar that followed told her that another breath attack was coming her way, making her feel constricted. "AHH!!!" 

With a scream of pain, while half the shoulder of the puppet was frozen, she took the attack while rushing at her and punched Yasenia with the abnormally long arm. 

Red and black energies swirled while the air exploded in the wake of the enormous fist.

The dragon snorted, and her body glowed with tremendous amounts of Moon energy. The cold temperament perfectly suited the Empyrean dragon, as she rapidly flapped one wing to move out of the way while using her powerful hind legs to jump at her.

Yet, Yasenia was in for a surprise when Yinnu returned the favor with a similar strike that landed right on the side of her head.

Following the motion of the missed punch, Yinnu agilely back-kicked Yasenia on the head.

Recovering and rising from the ground, Yasenia looked on coldly while blood dripped from the side of her head. 

Then, she opened her maw, and an ethereal chant reverberated throughout the arena.

"A Dragon's hush, A [Starry Sky]. A [Draconic Crescent Moon] lights up the night."

The empty phantom night sky began to shine with stars, and the Moon reappeared. 

Yinnu was confused when the surge of energy around Yasenia increased, making her dragon body emit even more pressure than before. 

It was the start of [Day and Night Cycle] in her Dragon self.

From a distance, Xiang Yinnu saw Yasenia going on her hind legs and elegantly slashing at her with quick attacks.

Silver crescents that would slice hills in half rushed from each of her claws, making Xiang Yinnu take quick defensive measures.

While she blocked the incoming attacks, Yasenia's ethereal voice echoed one more time, like an enchanting whisper that came from the cosmos. 

"A [Heavenly constellation], a [Draconic Moon Charge]. Everything bows down to the Dragon's liberation." 

Xiang Yinnu almost lost sight of the giant creature as the already fast dragon suddenly rushed at her while a silvery aura swirled around her. 'W-What?'

She quickly defended, using body-enhancing skills on the puppet, and the enormous dragon smashed on her with a colossal freezing explosion.

"With my [Moon Assimilation], My [Empyrean Dragon Aura] manifests. With my [Moon Dragon Body], I shall freeze my enemy's fantasies."

BOOM! 

The beautiful blue scales of the dragon took a silvery hue as the rampant Moon energy and Moon image in her wing filled the entire arena with unmatched silvery brilliance. 

While it tumbled on the ground, the Epoch Devil Puppet quickly corrected its posture and looked forward, only to be met with the cold silver eyes of the dragon that was already before itself, swinging her claw down.

A quick motion placed her arms before herself, and the enormous claw of the dragon struck.

Xiang Yinnu felt the air being forcefully expelled from her chest, and the enormous puppet flew backward again.

This time, Yasenia used her agility to follow through and smash the Epoch Devil Puppet with continuous attacks.

Xiang Yinnu gritted her teeth and used many strengthening skills to catch up with the exponentially strengthening dragoness, managing to retaliate and come to a standstill.

However, there was something she was noticing as the combat went on. 

Yasenia's scales were slowly being dyed in a pure silver color while the silvery slit-eyes looked colder and colder.

When Yasenia's body was noticeably bathed in the elegant and cold silvery color, the ethereal voice of the dragon echoed with increased might.

"My presence calls upon a [Draconic Dawn]. With [Sun Dragon Body], those who challenge me I shall scorn."

Xiang Yinnu's eyes widened when the space around Yasenia twisted with Moon's and Sun's energies.

[Draconic Dawn] gathered in one of Yasenia's front limbs, and she punched forward.

From her claw, her silvery-blue scales changed to a golden hue, and the coldness and aloofness left her body to be replaced with an unyielding determination.

BOOOM! 

The Epoch Devil Puppet's arm was blasted to oblivion, and Xiang Yinnu lost control one more time, being thrown backward like a ragdoll. 'What is this? What is this!? Where did such a monster appear from!?'

Her contempt and confidence had been long gone, replaced by growing anxiety and dread.

The normally beautiful but, for her, currently horrifying voice of the dragoness echoed one more time with increased might. 

"As [Draconic Sunrise] lights the sky beyond, my [Draconic Sun Charge] makes my enemies abscond!"

Xiang Yinnu felt desperation sinking in, and she screamed while pouring energy into the puppet without holding anything back. 

"AHH!" 

"ROAR!"

The golden meteor met with a black and red swirl of energies in a catastrophic explosion.

"[Epoch Puppet Slaughter]!"

Yasenia's pupils thinned to lines as the arms of the giant puppet blurred and attacked her speedily. However, Yasenia's [Draconic Sunrise] was not any slower, and their attacks collided in a cacophony of explosions that destroyed the arena around them.

Xiang Yinnu felt that she had a slight upper hand, but the nervous pounding of her chest didn't diminish. As Yasenia's scales became more and more golden, the feeling of dread increased.

Yasenia stated with a loud chant accompanied by a roar. "While the screams of my foes paint the air, my might ascends, and [Draconic Noon] prevails!"

A massive shockwave of aura pushed the Epoch Devil Puppet back, and Yasenia raised her hands to the sky, summoning the phantom of [Draconic Heart]. 

The phantom sword that would be able to split hills was golden and shining with golden radiance.

Xiang Yinnu felt her stomach drop and hastily reached for her spatial ring to use several defensive talismans. Not only that, but she also used the [Golden Shadow Talisman] gained in the second event to create another self in front of herself, commanding it to use her defensive skills. 

Meanwhile, the enormous dragon swung down the phantom [Draconic Heart]. 

Massive energy waves burst through Yasenia's meridians, her intricate draconic muscles tensed and coordinated, and her blood pumped rapidly along her veins and arteries, forcing her scales to crack in a few places. 

A colossal golden dragon made of pure Sun energy rushed out when Yasenia's sword swing was complete, scorching everything in its wake.

Yasenia roared, and the silhouette of the rushing scorching dragon also did.

ROAR!

Before the Epoch Devil Puppet, many of her life-saving treasures created tens of barriers, and the clone summoned the strongest [Devil Puppet Wall] it could.

However, it was lacking in front of the fully charged [Draconic Noon], enhanced by Yasenia's Intents and skills.

Furthermore, while in [Day and Night Cycle], [Draconic Noon] summoned an additional attack from above, something Xiang Yinnu detected relatively late.

BOOOM!

An explosion that would level a mountain swallowed the Epoch Devil Puppet and Xiang Yinnu. 

Yet, the dragon didn't rest after falling onto her four limbs; she charged forward again. 

A blazing Epoch Devil Puppet rushed forward from the golden fire that consumed the place where Xiang Yinnu had previously stood. 

Inside it, the Puppet Master was heavily wounded with bloodshot eyes, completely mad and using everything she had to continue fighting. "I WON'T LOSE!" 

Yasenia's eyes shone with admiration. 'To think she still can fight after that attack, worthy of being one of the most talented of a continent.' 

However, from then on, it was a winning battle. 

The attacks of the dragoness only got heavier in the sunset part of [Day and Night Cycle], and they were too heavy for the injured Epoch Devil Puppet. 

Each attack that landed ripped off a chunk of the muscular creature. 

After a while, Yasenia used Dusk to change all her gathered Sun energy to Moon energy and finally used one of her most powerful attacks, [Draconic Midnight: Falling Sky].

The beaten Xiang Yinnu could only look up to the sky as a silver meteor surrounded by thousands of stars fell onto her.

'Ah… So beautiful. If you were mine, how much more beautiful would you be.' Her beautiful but weary doll-like face couldn't help but show regret with a smile. 

Following that thought, an explosion that demolished the arena ensued, disintegrating everything in a tsunami of silvery-white light. 

Yasenia stood in the middle of the crater, heavily breathing, and her body aching while her stomach and chest area still hurt because of the sword strikes.

Weary, she looked around and tried to find Yinnu's spatial ring, but she couldn't find anything. 'It has probably been destroyed.'

[Congratulations, you've won the battle.] 

Yasenia saw the message, and a smile spread on her dragon face. "Right, I won." 

She laughed happily, delighted that she could use most of her cards in battle. 'It wasn't easy…' 

The dragon slowly shrunk, and Yasenia returned to her human form. Her body was riddled with minor wounds, with two large ones, while her face showed two scars.

However, even the large wounds were already scarring, so Yasenia didn't care.

Though wounds might not entirely translate from human to beast form and vice-versa, they remained and carried on with similar severity. 

The kick to her head, the sword thrust that sliced her face, the sword wound that pierced her chest, and the one that slashed her waist.

Those four were the most damaging attacks. The slash on her face had already been transformed into a pink scar that would naturally heal with time, while the kick strike had healed, leaving behind a small mark that would eventually vanish.

The last two had stopped bleeding and needed nothing but time to heal.

Then, her sight blurred, and she returned to her room. 

**************************************

Author Note: Well... 1.5 million words! "What?" I can already read your thoughts. Yep, with the previous chapter, we crossed 1.5 million words. I just didn't want to interrupt the flow of the fight, so I placed the announcement here.

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank all of you who have come this far with me. Whether you have been here since day one or just binged the entire novel a day ago, it means the world that you were invested in and liked my novel enough to read this far.

Let's continue our adventure together, and I hope to see you here at the 2 million mark!

Much love, many hugs, and Merry Christmas.
Mortrexo.

80