Chapter 327- Planning
4.6k 44 133
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Luna POV]

After an interruption that gave me something important to think about, Tamamo and I decided to hold off from continuing our fun.  After a somewhat long discussion, I decided on what to do and am now waiting for the opportunity to give my answer.  When I came to my decision, it was nearly morning, so after I made me and Tamamo some breakfast, we decided it was about time to get mom here.

 

“Hey Tamamo, should I just kidnap mom here, or should she come here the normal way?”

 

{Let her come here the normal way.  When it comes time to actually have our wedding, you can kidnap the people you’re inviting.}

 

“I was going to do that anyway.  Fufufu.  I can’t wait to see their reactions.”

 

{It will be quite funny.  And I know for a fact Atmos is going to nearly pass out from laughing so much.}

 

“It isn’t that hard of a thing to imagine.  It’s literally something she would do if she could.”

 

{Exactly.  Now, let me tell Amagi to come here and we can get started.}

 

Tamamo closed her eyes and a few minutes later, a shining door appeared and mom walked out of it.

 

“Interesting.  That feels different than space magic.” (Amagi)

 

I ran over and hug-tackled mom.

 

“Fufufu.  Hello Luna.” (Amagi)

 

She started patting my head after returning the hug.

 

“Luna, that night when you ascended and the stars appeared was a true spectacle.  I doubt anyone alive will ever forget it.” (Amagi)

 

“Fufu.  That was the point.  If something is reality altering to that extent, it should be remembered for hundreds of thousands of years at least.” (Luna)

 

“Also, you look wonderful with 10 tails.  It makes me a little jealous.” (Amagi)

 

{Don’t worry, although we aren’t 100% sure, give it time and you’ll most likely end up with more tails as well.  It’ll just take a very, very long time.}

 

“Then I’ll be patient.  And before we go any further, what do I start calling you?  Do I stick with Goddess Tamamo, just Tamamo, or daughter-in-law?” (Amagi)

 

{The second or third one.  Doesn’t really matter to me.}

 

“Then I’ll just stick with Tamamo.  Now, can I ask why I was called here?” (Amagi)

 

“We need your help with wedding planning.  We’ve spent enough time getting used to living together, so it’s time we start moving forward with things like that.  Also, how are the others?” (Luna)

 

“They are fine.  They just left the shrine to start heading towards the Celestia Kingdom.  And I’m so glad you called me here to help.  I’ve always wanted to help you plan your wedding, Luna.” (Amagi)

 

Seeing as this would probably take a long time, I brought us to my floating island, set up some seats under my Lunar Sakura and poured us all some tea and coffee.  We got comfortable before getting to business.

 

“First things first, what are you two going to wear?  Both dresses?  Are one of you going to wear a suit?  Something different that I don’t know because of Divine Domain culture?” (Amagi)

 

{I’ve brought it up before and we agreed to both wearing dresses.  I have some friends that we can go to, to get them made, we can move on to the next thing.}

 

“Alright.  Have you discussed location?” (Amagi)

 

“Not really.  I kind of assumed it would be here at our place, but if there is somewhere else that Tamamo thinks would be better I’m all for going there.” (Luna)

 

{I have a few places in mind.  Look here.}

 

Tamamo waved her hand in the air and several large bubbles with images inside them appeared.

 

“Is this some god thing I don’t know about or illusions?” (Luna)

 

{Illusions.}

 

Inside the bubbles were several locations.  One was a place full of waterfalls that would make Niagara look like a kiddie pool.  Another one was a place that looked like a beach, but the water was in the sky and so clear that you could see everything inside it.  There was a place full of mountains that seemed to be made of pure crystal.  The last one, though immediately became my favorite one.  It was a place that was full of flowering trees.  There were nearly endless amounts of cherry trees with pink flowers falling in the gentle breeze, in other spots were groves of flowering wisteria trees, their purple flowers hanging down like beautiful purple curtains.  All of these beautiful trees were surrounded by and even bigger forest of endless red maples.

 

“Tamamo, I like this one.  We HAVE to get married here.” (Luna)

 

{Ufufufu.  I had a feeling that place would be your favorite.}

 

“I have to agree with Luna.  That place seems to be practically begging to be your wedding venue.  It makes me wish there was a place like it in the mortal world.” (Amagi)

 

{There is.  Unfortunately, it on the other continent.}

 

The venom in Tamamo’s voice echoed the sentiment we all held for that continent.  When we weren’t talking about important things last night, I decided that I should at least see what that other continent is like.  Aside from some places, most were really bad.  I don’t know what they were like before, but a lot of big cities looked almost like ruins.  Others with more people in them were starting to crumble and the people were almost like walking dead.  Then I looked at the places where “nobles” lived and saw things that made me want to rain stars down on their heads.  They were living it up like nothing was wrong.  Obviously, they were in denial that, since magic was taken away from that continent, they’ve regressed in development.  It was at the point where regular people were about to go French Revolution levels of uprising.  Deciding that it would ruin any kind of happy feelings for the rest of the night, I stopped looking at Himmels and haven’t looked at it again.

 

“Getting back on topic, we now have dresses planned and location chosen.  Next we need to know who’s coming.” (Amagi)

 

{To start with me.  Atmos, Grey, Crate, Gear, Quetz, Java, Stadia, Norn, Fenrir, Crisis, Mordred, and their daughter, some of the goddesses of beauty, the goddess of culinary arts, she can also help with the food, Tonya, and three more.}

 

“Alright, and Luna?” (Amagi)

 

“You, dad, Ana, Blake, Soleil, Velvet, Ophidia, Skadi, Mio, Nia, Uncle Rex, Drome and his family. King Lobo and his family, Lia, her brother, Shuten, Ibaraki, Ibuki, Tomoe, Suzuka, Apollo, Jarl, Zan and Gief, if I can find them, Velvet’s parents, the dragon sisters, the other three that we hung around with, and I think that’s it.” (Luna)

 

“So, this will be relatively small then.  And Tamamo said the goddess of culinary arts can help with food?” (Amagi)

 

{Yes, though if it’s still not enough, Luna will probably step in as well.}

 

“Yep.  Oh, and although this is off topic, Tamamo, do you know any gods that are good at keeping livestock?” (Luna)

 

{I know one.}

 

“Good.  Can you contact them at some point?  I need to get those, hopefully, living wyverns off my island.” (Luna)

 

{I completely forgot those were there.}

 

“I did as well.  Anyway, is there anything else we need to figure out mom?” (Luna)

 

“Well, normally there would be someone that officiates the wedding in the eyes of the gods, but seeing as this is a special circumstance, I’m not entirely sure that is necessary.  Also, normally we’d need to figure out decorations for the venue, but with the one that you’ve decided on, I don’t really see the need for any.  Other than that, those of us that are coming need to figure out what kinds of gifts to give, but that’s more for us to figure out than the two of you.” (Amagi)

 

{While I appreciate the thought, I don’t think gifts will be necessary.}

 

“It’s more of a mortal sentiment thing, Tamamo.” (Amagi)

 

{I see.  Mortals are strange.}

 

“Have the two of you thought about your honeymoon?” (Amagi)

 

“Isn’t that the part where the freshly married couple goes somewhere like an inn to consummate the marriage?” (Luna)

 

“Normally, though it doesn’t necessarily have to be.  Among people that aren’t nobles or of similar status, people sometimes go on trips.” (Amagi)

 

{Luna, you are just too excited about that part, aren’t you?}

 

“So.  We both know just how much we enjoy doing that.” (Luna)

 

{I never denied that, I just didn’t think you’d want to talk about that with your mother present.}

 

“For the record, it’s easy to tell when that happens.  There’s always a certain smell that doesn’t come off after bathing very easily.” (Amagi)

 

“…” (Luna)

 

{…}

 

“Fufufu.  The two of you are so cute when embarrassed.” (Amagi)

 

“H-how did I not know that?  I mean, I’m not stupid enough to know that I or anyone else in my party held back when we weren’t doing much, but I never noticed any smell like that.” (Luna)

 

{…}

 

“Fufufufufufufu.  I was kidding.  I just wanted to see the two of you get embarrassed.” (Amagi)

 

“MOM!” (Luna)

 

Both mine and Tamamo’s faces were redder than a tomato at mom’s teasing.

 

“All teasing aside for the moment, I think we’ve gone over everything we needed to.” (Amagi)

 

While still embarrassed, I replied.

 

“I-I always thought that this was a longer, more complicated process.” (Luna)

 

“Not really.  If you were getting married in the mortal world to someone, we’d have a lot more to do since you’d most likely be marrying someone of similar or higher status than us, though that would only really leave a Duke or royal family.  There we’d have to discuss doweries, political teachings, boring things like how to hold tea parties of a certain sophistication, and blah blah blah, annoying noble stuff.” (Amagi)

 

“To add to that, if I didn’t have Tamamo, I wouldn’t settle for marrying a man either.  It’d have to be a woman.” (Luna)

 

{Well, I’m glad none of us have to plan for a situation like that.  Especially since even if we weren’t Fated Ones, I’d find a way to marry you.  So in any possible scenario you’d be mine, and I’d be yours.}

 

“Fufufu.  I love you, Tamamo.” (Luna)

 

{I love you as well, Luna.  So much that it hurts sometimes.}

 

“Fufufu.  You two have mastered the married couple vibe already.” (Amagi)

 

{Well if you want to get into the semantics of the matter, the second I gave Luna my Divine Protection we were already married.  And since then we’ve spent time talking with each other practically every day since Luna and I were able to.}

 

“Well, I’m happy nonetheless that you two are having a ceremony.” (Amagi)

 

Once we were done with planning, we spent the rest of the day chatting with mom under my tree.  When night fell, we all looked up at the sky for a bit.

 

“How is it that the sky here is even clearer than the one in the mortal world?” (Amagi)

 

{Perks of being us.  The night sky is ours, so we can make it as clear as we want.  That power is amplified here in our home.}

 

“Interesting.” (Amagi)

 

“Hey mom.” (Luna)

 

“Yes Luna?” (Amagi)

 

“Do you want me to make you into a constellation?” (Luna)

 

“…Is there a purpose in doing so?” (Amagi)

 

“There doesn’t have to be.  In my old world, the constellations were things that were the highest honor one could be given, depending on the mythos.  Not all of the ones I make will be used in stellar magic, and I figured that I should also bestow the honor of becoming a constellation to people who deserve it.  Promising heroes, saints, legendary monsters, whatever.  Make the night sky an ever-expanding tapestry of history.  Of course, I’ll have to make it so that the constellations used in stellar magic are different so people know which can and can’t be used, but I have a plan for that.” (Luna)

 

{It’s a good idea, Luna.}

 

“Then I’d be happy to have a constellation of me in the sky.” (Amagi)

 

“Then I’ll get to making it.  Oh, do you want it to be a seasonal one, or constant like the ones depicting me and Tamamo?” (Luna)

 

“Make it seasonal so it only appears in autumn.  It’s my favorite season after all.” (Amagi)

 

“Got it.  I’ll make one of dad too.” (Luna)

 

I lifted my hands above me and the stars in the sky stated to shift as I moved them into shape.  I glanced over at mom to see her reaction.  Her eyes were wide in awe at what was happening.  Several minutes later the stars were in position and I snapped my fingers to finish it off.  Shining lines connected the stars and when that was done, the sky had one more constellation.

 

“What do you think?” (Luna)

 

{Beautiful.}

 

“Stunning.” (Amagi)

 

“Fufufu.” (Luna)

 

The constellation looked like mom as she sat under a tree.  Her eyes were closed and she had a gentle smile on her face.  It was an image that gave off a calm, caring feeling that I hoped would soothe people when they saw it.  I also made one of dad.  This one stood in a pose that gave off the feeling that one was protected.  The two constellations stood next to each other to show that they were meant to be seen as a set.

 

“Thank you Luna.” (Amagi)

 

“Mmm.” (Luna)

 

The three of us looked up at the night sky for a little longer before mom decided she should go back.  Just before she left, she turned to both of us.

 

“We forgot something important.  When is the ceremony?” (Amagi)

 

{Let me find out how long it will take for our dresses to be finished and how long the food will take to be made.  After that we can think of a concrete time.}

 

“Alright.  Luna, when the time comes, try to let those you are inviting know in advance.  I know you think it’ll be funny to just kidnap them, but you need to at least give a small heads up so that the people around them don’t panic.” (Amagi)

 

“I’ll think about it.” (Luna)

 

“Good enough.” (Amagi)

 

With that, mom left the Divine Domain.

 

Chaos Realm:

So, you have your answer?

Luna: Yep.  I'd like it very much if you could allow me to see my old family one more time.

Alright.

Luna: Also, can you do the same for Blake?

It wouldn't be that hard, though I'd need to know if he wants to meet them.

Luna: I'll ask him next time I see him.  Also, I look forward to seeing you at our wedding.

Looking forward to being there.  It's not every day I get to see Order and Astraea dressed up fancy for a special occasion after all.

Luna: I'm looking forward to seeing Tamamo in a wedding dress.

When you do, do your absolute best to hold back.  She'll be doing the same.

Luna: I know!

133