Prologue: I died?
5.1k 21 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third person POV

A beam of green light erupted from the ground like an active volcano. Shockwaves exploded as the particles slowly dispersed creating waves of jade akin to an aurora borealis. 

Dark clouds shifted a full one hundred and eighty. Birds chirped their merry tune again.

The beam reduced to almost nothing, large cracks being formed and jagged rocks jutted out from the ground. Large phoenixes with turquoise and vermillion feathers flew across the sky. Plants bloomed as the previously grey trees regained life once more, its leaves turning a deep shade of purple.

A bright shade of orange spread over the distance as the morning sun rose higher than it has ever in a very long time. The gentle breeze brushing locks of long white hair. Sitting on an overhanging cliff, she stared off into the distance. Staring at the fissures on the land amongst the vast expanse of land and grass. Her face relaxed with a bright smile.

Lying on her back just beside her was another lass, her face hidden from the shadow of a nearby tree. Her head rested on her hands; she was enjoying the fluffy clouds up above.

It was over, the battle was finally over.

"We finally did it, we won."(Reiko)

She said that with tears streaming down her face.

"Yeah"(???)

------

Third person POV

Some stories will make you cry, others will make you smile and some can change your entire view of life. Not all of them have these traits, but they all do have one thing in common, that being a beginning and it just so happens that this story begins with the death of a certain young man.

"I... I WISH TO BE REUNITED WITH MY SISTER!" (???)

"P- please, even if that's impossible, I- I just want to know if she's healthy!(???) 

In the dark, empty void, a voice belonging to a young man echoed.

He was bending down on his knees, bowing to an imposing, ethereal woman who dwarfed him in size. He looked puny in comparison, he was an ant compared to her.

Sweat ran down the sides of head as his nervous heart beat. This was it, his one chance at regaining what he had lost, his key to the life he has always wanted.

------

It was late into the night, or more accurately, early in the morning, very early in the morning.

In a large town area, where the sky was a deep dark, not a star in sight, any form of light being produced artificially by lamp poles and street signs. There was a small, shabby hut, and inside that hut was a man whose name was Reiko, Reiko Ketsui.

Reiko's head was planted onto the table, his eyes devoid of life. Saliva leaving his mouth like a stream in a forest. His surroundings were worn and damp, it completely contrasted the neighbouring houses, looking more abandoned than anything. Black hair jutting out of his head, cans of coffee all over the ground.

Wearing work clothes that he hadn't bothered taking off, with unfinished cheap convenient store bento to his side.

The room he was in was decrepit. Unkempt with dishes piling up in the sink like a scrap yard. It was a mess, no sane human would ever choose live in such filthy environments, but that's it, no one would choose to live here.

Lacking colour in his eyes, he no longer lived in this house. 

Reiko Ketsui is dead.

And as of right now, he is facing a goddess, a goddess who is going to reincarnate him.

-----

Reiko POV

"Mortal soul, state your one wish for your next life!!!"

A loud outburst woke me up suddenly, my head jerked left and right to see where it came from. There was virtually nothing but a vast emptiness of a black void. I was stuck hovering in place, there was no ground beneath me, nor was there any sky above me.

My blurry eyes quickly focused, and what caught my eye was a woman who I can only describe as other-worldly.

Her skin glowed like the morning sun, contrasting to the dark background. She was giant in size, and she gave off an imposing aura. Her face was emotionless, resembling one of those children's doll. I felt intimidated, like a bug, as if my life was insignificant.

"What would it then be?"(woman)

"huh? Eh uhm...?"(Reiko?)

"Perhaps you haven't heard what I said, then I'll say it again. What do you wish for your next life! You can have anything you want!" (woman)

"anything...?

then I... if it's possible, then"(Reiko)

"Speak up, child, I cannot hear you."(woman)

I panicked as soon as I heard her voice boom again, I just couldn't believe this was real, reincarnation, a god. To think all those light novels or anime or manga that I used to read could actually be real, it's just simply...

"Well!?"(woman)

Ahh! I gotta think quick, uhm uhm, what do I want? What do I want... I? Fame? Fortune? I mean I was single in my previ-

!!!

No none of that.

"I... I WISH TO BE REUNITED WITH MY SISTER! "(Reiko)

"P- please, even if that's impossible, I- I just want to know if she's healthy!" (Reiko)

I got unto my knees, or at least tried to, and shouted the loudest I've ever had. Raising my head I saw that the woman's previous deadpan face shifted into a slightly shocked face.

Did I ask for too much? Should I have asked for something simpler? Will I be punished? Oh no! Will she make me an ant for my next life? No no no, she said anything I wish for, she couldn't possibly punish me for this, b- but then why shocked!?

These thoughts paraded inside my head, I felt sweat going down my cheeks as my legs jittered.

"Very well then young one!"(woman)

At that moment she made a single clap with her hands and everything blank.

-------

Statera POV

I am the goddess Statera, the one who keeps the balance of the multiverse and I demand the utmost respect!

Usually, I would be doing what I usually do but this time it was different, I found a soul, a damaged soul and it seems like that it has recently passed away.

Like I said, this one was damaged, something that doesn't happen regularly and certainly not as bad as this. Nearly shattered, not a single light nor fire. No hope, no joy. I just had to see what was going.

"I see..."(Statera)

"Poor thing" (Statera)

Were words I whispered under my breath.

After viewing his life, I knew that he needed a wish.

------

"I... I WISH TO BE REUNITED WITH MY SISTER!

P- please, even if that's impossible, I- I just want to know if she's healthy!"(Reiko)

What!? Something like that!?

I mean it certainly isn't difficult to do, but he could ask for other things, why this? Power, love, talent, I can even gift him an entire new family if he wanted to? Does he not understand all the hardships he had gone through just for his sister? Yet even so he worries about her health...

There are many out there who wish for something that fulfills their desires, sometimes questionable but let's ignore that point, that don't matter at all, we do not judge in this household, but, would he really willingly use his one and only wish for that? 

I took a couple seconds to recuperate, clapping my hands to fulfill its desires, of course, to such a soul I am gonna give it a couple more traits, especially considering where he's going to he will need as much help as possible.

And just like that, as quickly as blinking he disappeared. 

His life will certainly be interesting from here on out.

 I know you can't hear this but, good luck little one! Don't die!

The beginning.

This was a rewrite so if anyone gets confused by the comments you know why.

102