Chapter 022: Mighty Creatures Leaks Too Much!
912 5 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Tian Lang skipped to another branch. As much as he liked the attention and gloated for being a genius, it became annoying after a while. They either came to tame him or kill him. Such is the life of a mighty pup.

He had no other choice but to leave the easier path.

He couldn’t follow the original road too closely because if he did, they tracked him down. Once he moved further away from the road, he never saw any sign of trails again.

Two days passed, Tian Lang reached the sculpture of a giant Dragon. The statue was so life-like that Tian Lang thought it stared at him with its big and red glowing eyes. He never saw any Dragons other than the portraits, so Tian Lang appreciated it dearly.

After all, he loved Dragon Crystals!

If it weren’t because Tian Lang saw different sculptures in the Yue Villa, he would’ve already started searching for Dragon Crystal inside the statue.

Tian Lang waited for a long time, but his reward of Beast’s Soul had yet to show any signs. Then he heard a human voice and quickly hid in a bush behind the dragon statue.

“Brother Yan, which mission do you want to take?” Tian Lang faintly heard the humans talking.

“Level 3 is too easy. Level 4 mission, kill ten Level 3 Treant Warriors. That’d do. What about you all?”

“Naturally, we will follow Brother Yan!”

Tian Lang thought carefully about their conversation and decided they were moving to the next mission. Did they already receive their reward? How?

Tian Lang thought he had to wait longer.

Waiting... was too hard for the impatient Tian Lang.

Since he had no idea that leaving wouldn’t disqualify his reward, Tian Lang decided to enjoy a rare moment of napping.

When Tian Lang settled on the ground, the leopard rose from the shadow and gently surrounded Tian Lang’s body. It then performed its regular duty by licking his ears and neck gently as a dark cloak of shadow hid them from the world.

...

“...h! Ahn! AhN~.”

“Brother Jun, it’s not safe here! Ah~”

“Mingyue, you worry too much. The 50 meters radius of this War Dragon Monument is a neutral zone, and wild beasts can’t enter here. Mmm! I’m nearing!”

“But our team, oH~ gud!”

When Tian Lang woke up at first, he became vigilant. Because of the [Shadow Cloak], he couldn’t hear anything before. After he woke up, the leopard removed the Shadow Cloak and hid inside his shadow.

Tian Lang peeked outside the bush, and a moderate pair of fleshy mounds attracted his attention. It gently moved back and forth. It was good, but those tips destroyed the beauty of soft fleshy mounds. Besides, they were a bit too small from his standard.

Going down to the origin of “Pa! Pa! Pa!” sound, Tian Lang saw the familiar movement of humans moving their hips. Only this time, Tian Lang got a close view.

Surprisingly, this human with moderate fleshy mounds also had a wound in its lower body. The other human without injury had a fleshy stick connected to the body.

Even the original Yue Yang also had one. Though, this human’s fleshy stick looked weird. Bloated and elongated with some creepy veins. And the fleshy rod moved back and forth inside the wound.

Is this human... healing the other human? Tian Lang seriously contemplated.

He watched “Pa! Pa! Pa!” enough that he could understand the hidden meaning of “Ah, Unh! Mmh~” and other non-comprehensible words. Since he understood hidden meanings, he knew that the human with fleshy mounds didn’t hate it, and even wanted more.

Suddenly, the human duo shouted and leaked. Tian Lang panicked and hid inside the bush. The last thing he wanted was getting wet by some human leak.

“Huu~ Brother Yan, that was dangerous.”

“Haha, but you wanted it too, right? Let’s return to the camp. I’ll help you to complete the Level 4 mission for Beast Soul. We will complete our refining then. Happy now~”

“But~–”

“We should finish our mission soon. This cycle is going to end, and you don’t want to experience Pomen Rainforest when it’s raining.”

The human protested some more but followed the other human anyway.

Level 4 Mission for the Beast’s Soul? Tian Lang quickly peeked out of the bush. He remembered hearing something similar before his nap. He sprinted to the Dragon Monument’s front and stopped in front of a crystal pillar that glowed faintly yellow.

Tian Lang noticed it before but thought it to be a part of the sculpture. Compared to the red eyes, the crystal pillar was small in comparison. When Tian Lang saw the content on the crystal pillar, realization dawned upon him.

One had to complete a mission to receive the reward, Tian Lang knew it very well. But the foolish pup misunderstood and thought finding the Core Item of the location was the mission.

The simplest Level 1 mission only needed to gather hundred different edible items. Level 2 mission required to collect 20 Ground Worm’s poison sacks. Level 3...

These missions were both challenging and almost impossible to accomplish with Tian Lang’s current knowledge and body.

Gathering hundred edible items? Tian Lang could eat almost everything but won’t bother touching anything other than crystals. Collect Ground Worm poison sacks? He tore apart four sturdy pouches used to store coins, let alone mentioning some delicate poison sacks.

This fueled Tian Lang’s conviction to become a human. But for now, he looked down the list. He chose the most difficult mission, kill a Bamboo Bear behind the War Dragon Monument. Bamboo Bears were rare, and each of them was terrifying because of their defense and reached Bronze-ranked Level 6 and above.

Interestingly, Tian Lang found the mission most straightforward.

Bamboo Bears might be formidable to humans, but for him, they were easy prey. Not to mention their slow movements, because the Bear left its territory, its [Bamboo Tricks] were rendered useless. The Shadow Leopard tied the Bamboo Bear with its shadow, and Tian Lang finished the battle with a single sweep, well, a few sweeps.

Tian Lang returned before the Monument triumphantly. Ready to receive his Beast Soul and complete the next mission soon.

The War Dragon’s red-eye changed to yellow before returning.

YUP, IT! IS! COMING!

Tian Lang excitedly waited for whatever good to come.

[By the Ancient Laws, Unknown Creature, Tian Lang’s owned Platinum-grade Level 5 [Shadow Leopard] received a Phantom Shadow Beast King Beast Soul.]

The strange runes formed a sentence in his mind as Tian Lang slowly broke apart.

My soul... My beast soul... My Beast King’s Beast Soul...

Tian Lang looked like a husk whose soul had been sucked out. A beast can only be called Beast King when it reaches Gold-rank Level 6 and above. Not all beasts of such level can be a Beast King either. Only a handful of few can become a Beast King. And the reward could be of higher rank.

Naturally, Tian Lang was jealous, furious, and anxious.

Jealous because it gained something good. Furious, it got something that belonged to him. And anxious because he wanted to know what benefits it got from the Beast Soul.

However, no matter how much he tapped the ground, his shadow remained tranquil. Such an odd occasion never happened as the leopard never took a moment to rise at his call.

But Tian Lang had a bigger problem at hand.

Droplets of water fell on his body.

The heart, chest, and throat of the mighty Tian Lang started to burn fiercely.

Did someone just... did someone just leak on the GREAT TIAN LANG?!?!

His emotion was already in a mess. Now someone dared to humiliate him?

GRRRR!!!

Tian Lang growled threateningly. It was loud enough to match his howl. This new sensation of shame and humiliation felt unimaginably irritating. And Tian Lang was ready to stop this annoying feeling no matter the cost.

However, when he searched for the preparator, he became confused. Then his confusion changed to utter astonishment. 

The sky... the sky was leaking!!!

The sudden change of the sky befuddled him. He fumbled what to do, and before he realized the heavy sprinkles soaked him thoroughly.

This, just what kind of creature could leak like that?!

It wasn’t similar to anything Tian Lang heard or seen before. How could the sky leak? Tian Lang rushed to take shelter inside the Monument’s crack and searched for the secret preparator. It wouldn’t be weird if something leaked while flying in the sky, but to spread this much...

Tian Lang was left speechless.

That must feel irritating. Tian Lang pitied whatever creature had to leak this much.

Something suddenly jumped inside Tian Lang’s mind. He got reminded of his days in the Valley of Eternal Ruins. Those ruins were definitely brought by some giant and mighty creatures. Even that super gigantic beast in the shadows that became human...

Could it be that one such mighty creature lived on the first floor of the Tong Tian Tower?

The humans soaked, and some even opened their mouth wide-open to drink the falling waters without displeasure.

This...

Humans seemed to like leaks of mighty creatures a lot?

Tian Lang shook off the wet sensation from his body. Strangely these leaks lacked any funny smell. Mighty creatures leaked mighty things; how would he know everything about them? Tian Lang consoled himself. One day he would become one such mighty being.

He waited for the creature to stop leaking and thought whether he should complete the mission again or not. He had a feeling that it would be useless.

Whatever those words said, Tian Lang understood something inside the Tong Tian Tower recognized him as Shadow Leopard's [Summoner]. But a [Summoner] could not fight inside Pomen Rainforest. Even if they fought, all attacks would be rendered harmless to the beasts, which was entirely different for him.

He had another thought. The Shadow Leopard helped him during the fight, and only one of them could receive the reward. In this case, Tian Lang had to complete the mission once again to receive the reward.

More thinking was useless for him. He hesitated a bit but still dove through the massive leaks. The humans didn’t seem to mind it. Maybe once one becomes mighty, their leaks aren’t nasty and smelly, and it’s fine to soak on them?

Though, the next fight didn’t go that well. Tian Lang found a Bamboo Bear inside a bamboo grove. Not to mention the heavy downpour made the ground slippery, the Bamboo Bear used its innate skill [Bamboo Shoot], which shot multiple green projectiles. Even if every shot wasn’t lethal, the quantity, coupled with Tian Lang’s little weight, were more than capable of slowing him down.

Still, Tian Lang took advantage of his superior agility. Even with their overwhelming number he could dodge more than half of it. He used a bamboo tree as leverage and jumped at the Bear. His claws gleamed pointing at the Bear’s eyes.

In mid-air, Tian Lang saw the Bamboo Bear pull a bamboo. The next moment, the bamboo shot it fifteen meters away.

Tian Lang changed his claws mid-air. Stepping on the bamboo, he jumped again. But the bamboo tree burst from inside, sending countless sharp projectiles everywhere. One of the projectiles hit Tian Lang’s eyelids, and multiple more blasted his body away.

Grr!

With his limited vision, he searched the Bear and dashed after it. He realized how annoying this Bear could be only after fighting it inside its own territory.

The Bear wasn’t faring well either. The number of [Bamboo Shoot] dwindled and the Bear couldn’t use [Bamboo Jump] continuously.

When Tian Lang neared the Bear, it finally used its physical skill. Green blades followed the Bear’s claw as its giant palm came crashing down at Tian Lang.

However, in terms of physical combat, the Bear was a child to the foolish pup. He jumped on the Bear’s arm, and his left claw bore at the Bear’s eye.

Gunaah!

The Bamboo Bear fell with a painful growl.

Tian Lang felt annoyed. Such easy prey gave him so much trouble. He took the crystal and returned to the monument. The mighty creature took no rest and leaked continuously.

He stood in front of the monument.

This fight, he fought alone.

The leopard already received the reward too.

Now, come! My Beast King Beast Soul!

[By the Ancient Laws, Unknown Creature, Tian Lang’s owned Bronze-grade Level 3 [Twin Thorny Flower Vines] received Mother Spirit Demoness Beast Soul.]

...%#&(@%)&@!!!

 

30