4. Task.
5.7k 7 135
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Back to the chat group, after Kaito revelation, the chat group goes absolutely in chaos as it was too shocking for everyone in the chat group.

=====

[Baroque Works Leader]: "Change our fate? Does it mean you know our fate?"

[Railgun Girl]: "That's a bold claim! Are you a god?"

[Owner]: "In fact, yes. I know some of your future. Not only your identity. But no, I am not a god."

Kaito has the urge to answer that he was actually a devil, but he feels it's not wise to reveal unnecessary information about himself without purpose.

...

[Baroque Works Leader]: "Oh? You know my identity, right?"

[Owner]: "Yes, you should be Crocodile the user of devil fruit Suna-Suna no Mi. And not a good person."

[Railgun Girl]: "???"

[Elementart Grade Magical Girl]: "Not a good person?"

[Baroque Works Leader]: "Interesting! Since you are aware of my identity and claim to know of my future... Tell me, did I get what I wanted in the end?"

[Owner]: "Did you already infiltrate Arabasta?"

[Baroque Works Leader]: "Yes, in fact, that was the first thing I have done after becoming a Warlord. I know the information about ancient weapons should be hidden in this country."

[Owner]: "Then, I will give you advice. You should change your goal, you won't get what you want."

[Baroque Works Leader]: "Did I fail in the end?"

[Owner]: "Yes."

=====

"Hmmm..."

Crocodile who currently sitting on his base can't help but wrinkled his face looking at the owner's response. He believes that his plan actually perfect to take over this country but this owner claim he still failed in the future?

Crocodile becomes curious about how he did fail in the future based on what this owner said. He wanted to not believe this owner, but his guts tell him that the owner said the truth. After all, in Crocodile minds, a powerful person like the 'Owner' who created this weird thing doesn't need to lie to him.

Depending on his answer, the Crocodile might need to change his plan entirely.

=====

....

[Baroque Works Leader]: "How did I fail? Did King Cobra was aware of my movement or did he gets some help from the outside to hinder my plan? I thought I am sure that my plan in the end would overthrown this country."

[Raigun Girl]: "Overthrown a country?!"

[Elementary Grade Magical Girls]: "Isn't it a bit too much? The owner did say he was not a good person..."

[Railgun Girl]: "Are you a terrorist?!"

[Baroque Works Leader]: "Hmmph. Yes, I am a terrorist, so what?"

[Railgun Girl]: "I can't believe it this chat group would also invite a terrorist! Owner, what is your explanation?!"

====

Kaito pinched his nose as he look at the Railgun Girl's question. He wonders if this girl is actually stupid because earlier he did say that it was random, not his choice.

=====

[Owner]: "Your second guess is correct me, Crocodile. Anyway, it might be too much for me to explain, let me upload something to this chat group."

[Railgun Girl]: "You didn't answer my question!"

Kaito quickly selected to upload his memory about One Piece anime until the end of the Arabasta arc (139 episodes) to the chat group. For some reason, Kaito's memory about all ACGN he has watched and played in his previous life is perfectly memorized in his brain... Even the memory of his main world, High school DxD. 

Kaito believes this should be a feature of his golden finger and it's useless to overthink it.

*DING*

=====

[Owner uploaded Memory Copy "One Piece Part 1" to the chat group.]

=====

[Owner]: "I have uploaded the memory copy of Baroque Works Leader world and what happened on it in the future to the chat group. You should be able to download it to know better the situation of Baroque Works Leader."

[Railgun Girl]: "One Piece?"

[Baroque Works Leader]: "So my world is called One Piece huh? Is it name based on the legendary treasure of the king of pirates?"

=====

A few seconds after Kaito uploaded his memory copy, a notification showed up in his sight, overlapped with the chat group interface.

=====

*DING*

=====

[Railgun Girl has downloaded the memory copy of One Piece Part 1]

[Baroque Works Leader has downloaded the memory copy of One Piece Part 1]

[Elementary Grade Magical Girl has downloaded the memory copy of One Piece Part 1]

Congratulation, You have been rewarded with 3000 Points!

=====

Kaito who looked upon the notification can't help but wonder what the deal was about the point.

'Points? What is that?'

*DING*

=====

[A currency inside the chat group that could be used for a lot of purposes, mostly to help the chat group member.]

=====

Kaito immediately understands what point means after looking at the explanation. It seems these points would be something he could use in the future when the chat group upgraded. Again, Kaito feels is something he should not worry about for now.

=====

[Elementary Grade Magical Girl]: "This is so cool! But I don't have time to watch them all! It got hundreds of episodes too!"

[Baroque Works Leader]: "This might take a while to watch."

[Railgun Girl]: "There's a 2x speed button but I doubt it helps that much with hundred of the episode on it."

[Baroque Works Leader]: "Well, since it is supposed to be my world story. I am sorry but I will leave this chat room first to watch it."

[Railgun Girl]: "I will also leave."

[Elementary Grade Magical Girl]: "Me too! I need to look for more Jewel seed tonight anyway..."

[Owner]: "Alright, have fun everyone."

=====

...

Confirming that all members had already left the chat room, Kaito also followed and begin to plan what he should do with his golden finger. So far, it seems the chat group should be able to help him get stronger with the existence of 'Points' but he needs to upgrade the chat group first.

So the first thing he needs to figure out is how to upgrade his golden finger.

'Does it based on activity? Or does he needs to do something as an owner?' Kaito thought.

As seemed the chat group system knew his thought, it suddenly rang again alongside with new kind of interface that appeared in front of him.

*DING*

=====

[A new task has been assigned!]

=====

Task Detail: Get approval of your King 'Riser Phenex' as a part of his peerage.

Task Completion: Riser accepted and approve you as his peerage member the next day.

Task Failure: Riser doesn't accept you.

Reward: Upgrade the Chat Group, 5000 Points.

Failure Punishment: Randomly kicked one of the members in the chat group.

===

...

Looking at the task carefully, Kaito feels that this task is a bit too hard for him. From what Ravel said earlier, it seems Riser is not particularly fond of himself. The task also hinted to him that right now Riser probably does not accepts him as his peerage member either, but he needs to get accepted by him tomorrow.

From his clear memory of this world, Kaito remembers Riser particularly liked collecting a harem of the girls of various types and sure Riser probably accepted him easily if it was the case. Sadly, Kaito is not a girl... Which honestly, Kaito thinks he is fortunate. After all, even though he would easily complete the task by being a girl, he doesn't want to get 'eaten' by Riser as his peerage member.

Then, he only thought the other way... Kaito needs to prove himself helpful and not useless in Rating Game... And with that idea, he needs to be strong. However, he is currently weak, and sure as a newborn devil, he does not aware of how to use devil power properly yet.

'How to get strong before tomorrow? I need to find something that could help me... But my golden finger can't help with this at all...' Kaito pondered.

*DING*

=====

[Responded to the owner's reasonable argument, Novice Gift Pack has been sent to the inventory to help the host carry out his mission]

=====

Looking at the sudden notification, Kaito actually trembled... not in excitement but in fear. Kaito thought it seems his luck suddenly become very good and can't help but be afraid of what kind of bad luck he would have soon.

Kaito was really aware of how his luck worked after all.

...

135