33. Never Putting Hope on Luck.
2.8k 11 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I am keenly aware of how much suck I do write when it comes to fighting scenes (believe me, it was even worse in the past) so I hope it's still kind of understandable to read.

>>>>>

Back to the top of Kouten, it has been about more than 10 minutes since Kaito and Miya's fight started. Despite being in the same category of strength (based on hat group system calculation), Kaito is unable to land any attack on Miya, as all of his attacks are either blocked or avoided by her easily.

Obviously, Miya who has years of combat experience ahead would easily handle Kaito who just getting used to his power.

*Clank* 

*Clank*

*Clank*

Another attack from above... Getting blocked again.

*Clank*

*Clank*

Another attack from another side... Added feint to trick her... Getting blocked and avoided again.

*Clank*

...

"It has been more than 10 minutes since you start to fight me, Kaito-san. Yet, you can't even land an attack on me." Miya calmly commented while blocking any Kaito attempt of attack.

...

"Huft... Huft..."

Due to the intensity of the fight, Kaito who already become very tired finally stopped his attack and backed off, trying to catch up with his breath... While Miya just smiled, letting him away.

Kaito ignored that mocking smile, as he begin to think about all sorts of information he got from this fight to win against Miya.

1. Kaito did his best trying to attack from various angles, but nothing- nothing really works against her. Miya was just much more experienced than himself and no matter what trick he did, he was still unable to land any kind of attack... Even after 10 minutes of the fight.

2. It's useless to use strength to overpower Miya. She is still stronger than himself in terms of strength, and she could avoid his attack whenever she wanted to.

3. It's also useless to use speed against her. He might be faster than her, but her fighting instinct was pretty much able to see all of his incoming attacks and blocked them quite easily.

4. Despite being stronger than Kaito, in these 10 minutes, Miya actually never tried to attack him back, or even tried to injure him. At best, She just blocks Kaito's attack and pushes him away. Kaito expected he is going to be heavily injured from this fight, but that's not happened at all to him.

...

'Is she underestimated me? Didn't attack back to mock my effort?' Kaito thought of a reason for the last information he got.

"What's wrong Kaito-san? You need to try harder, you know?" Miya teased, looking at Kaito who has been quiet for a while. 

"Or is it? All your words, the deal between us? Yet you can't even touch me?" Miya furthermore taunted Kaito.

"I will win, Miya-san." Kaito replied with a serious tone. 

After analyzing the fight he just did with Miya, Kaito just thought sort of plan that he is 90% sure is going to work. It required him to pay some points though as he need the system to help him... Thankfully, he has been saving a lot of it.

"Stop daydreaming. I think you should consider giving up and apologize now, Kaito-san. No matter what you do, there is nothing you can do to defeat me."

...

"Miya-san, I definitely will defeat you in the second round, and I really mean it." Kaito answered with confidence and then swung his chainsaw for stretch.

Miya who seems tired of hearing Kaito's excuse replied in an annoyed tone, "Kaito-san, you seem not aware yourself that you are already out of luck. Please just give up."

"I am never a man who was born with luck, Miya-san. But I don't need something like that to win this fight." Kaito quickly rebutted.

For Kaito who doesn't have something like 'LUCK', he only puts hope on his own effort... This is why he becomes the sort of man who is cautious with everything around him.

"I know you realize there is no chance. But I guess, I really need to beat you to make you realize, Kaito-san!"

Kaito did not answer Miya furthermore but raised his chainsaw, ready for the second round of their fight. This is the last round though, as Kaito can tell his body is already on limit, and he won't last long. He needs to end the fight soon or he is going to be who is losing by default.

"Prepare yourself, Miya-san. I will use my trump card now! Try to block this if you can!"

...!!

Kaito once again jumped at her, bravely holding his chainsaw trying to land an attack from above. Miya who saw that coming calmly raise her katana and blocked Kaito's attempt pretty easily. 

*Clank*

Kaito quickly pulls out and changed the direction of his attack from the left side. He then use put force on his hand to make it quicker, only to be blocked again by Miya.

*Clank*

Kaito pulled out again, trying to attack from below with a quicker reaction... and got blocked again and again by Miya's katana. Miya does not even move from her feet, calmly watching Kaito do his best to attack her while she stood with her feet.

*Clank* 

*Clank* 

Kaito actually realized that no matter how much he tries, it would be no use against Miya who have experienced a fight for years. He also already expected that all of his tricks pretty much get foreseen or learned by Miya at this point, not to mention his body condition get worsen due to the extended use of Eight Gates.

*Clank* 

*Clank*

However, that's part of his plan to win this fight. Kaito wanted Miya to think that he is going to keep attacking with no plan in order to make her less vigilant and become careless, waiting for the exact moment when he finally going to use one of his trump cards.

'System, deduce my point to forcefully promote my evil pieces into knight'

*DING*

=====

[Required Point for promotion: 1000, proceed?]

=====

'Sure!'

=====

[Point Deduced: 1000]

[Promotion: Knight]

=====

With his sudden increase in speed, Kaito quickly tried to stab Miya with his chainsaw. The sudden increase in speed seems to surprise Miya, but Miya is still able to block it without much problem. Well, Kaito already expected Miya was pretty much able to block it instinctively using her experience. 

*Clank*

Miya becomes a bit more serious as she realized Kaito still has a trick against her. She could see Kaito getting even faster, but it is not something she can react to or defend with ease. Miya realizes Kaito probably has still a means to deal with her and decides to take the fight even more seriously.

*Clank*

*Clank*

But this is also part of his plan, as Kaito also already expected its going to be blocked even with [Promotion]

Knowing that it is time to win this fight, Kaito quickly jumped off the ground, holding his chainsaw with both his hand trying to maw down Miya from above. It becomes much faster than his previous attack thanks to Knight promotion, which should be devastating if this hit Miya directly.

...!!!

Miya who saw this kind of attack coming from Kaito a dozen times in the last 10 minutes immediately raised her Katana to confront it instead of blocking, knowing it won't be enough to fight against Kaito's momentum attack from above.

She didn't realize that Kaito actually know she would try to confront him, and this is the moment that Kaito have been waiting for.

'System, Item release, now!'

*DING*

=====

[Point Deduced: 500]

[ Mystletainn (Power Evaluation * * * * (Improvement Type) has entered the inventory.]

=====

Before the start of the second round, he already told the system about his sort of plan. Using the points he got, he told the system in his head to retrieve his chainsaw to the inventory in the last microsecond before the chainsaw and Miya's katana met.

This means, with the disappearance of the chainsaw at the last microsecond, the end of Miya's Katana meet was not Mystletainn... But with both Kaito's arms.

*Splash*

...!!!

The result of the clash is to be expected, both Kaito's arms got severed halfway because of the slash coming from Miya. There is a lot of Kaito's blood splashed on Miya's face, and Kaito's faces quickly become pale due to excessive blood loss.

 It caused shock and disbelief in Miya as she never expected something like this happened at all.

And this very moment where she got shocked is what Kaito all needs to win the fight. 

Using what is left off from his severed arm, Kaito quickly pressed his body against Miya, forcefully hug and then put his lips on her lips... Forcefully winged her directly.

...!!

"Mmmmm..." 

It was too late for Miya before she was able to comprehend what happened in this matter of second. A wing of light grows within her back... followed by a sense of fulfillment soothing her soul. 

Miya has been forcefully winged by Kaito, and it made Kaito the winner of the fight by default. Even though Kaito really feel hurt by doing this stunt, he didn't regret it. He knows that with his luck and all the odds against him, this is already the best result for him.

*DING*

=====

[The third optional task: Take over 'Kouten' (Flying Island) ownership by any member within the chat group is completed!]

=====

...

After Kaito released his lips, Miya looked at Kaito with admiration and said, "What a cunning Ashikabi... You know that I don't want to hurt you at all, considering our connection. Yet, you are using the same reason to take advantage of me."

Kaito just smiled wryly and replied, "I won't deny that... But, it's work... Right?"

From the beginning, Kaito already intended to 'win' this way. Kaito realizes that despite her rage, Miya never tried to injure him, or even attack back. It made him think Miya never plan to hurt him in the first place, and because of that Kaito knows if somehow he got injured by Miya's attack, she should become surprised and got careless.

Shortly after, Kaito quickly collapsed because he really had been severely exhausted and also lost a lot of blood. Miya swiftly caught him, then gave him a lap on her thigh.

...!!

"You really got me for good, Kaito-san." Miya muttered and then she look concerned at Kaito's severed limbs, "What you are going to do with your arm?"

"I got a... way... Thanks for... catching.. me..." Kaito muttered his last word before he let himself pass out due to a sense of exhaustion in Miya's lap. 

Before he really lost consciousness, Kaito already asked the system in his head to heal back his arm with points, to which the system quickly agrees.

*DING*

=====

[Repairing both of Owner arms back to normal...]

[Point Deduced: 20000]

=====

At that moment, Miya witnessed a miracle where Kaito's arm quickly grow and repaired on its own... which really made her curious about what sort of secret her 'Ashikabi' hide. She really wanted to ask about it but for now, she is going to stay and wait for him to wake up.

Though, Kaito himself later won't be happy looking at how many points cost him to repair his arm.

85