34 – Fallen Angels
3.7k 15 111
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Yes, certainly all the quests' completion are now confirmed. But… Yufine-san… You did it again!! This wasn’t supposed to be cleared in 2 days!! You really are going to get me in trouble one day.”

The young receptionist, Clara, lost her temper upon seeing the mountain of goblin heads.

(Eh, what, just how did she clear all this? And not even one week has passed since then, no, more than that, what the hell is with this massive amount of subjugated monsters!?)

The massive amount of parts of the subjugated monster was something Clara hadn't seen even once since employment. Seriously, taking on a dragon is one thing. But 300 goblins, even if they are weak and low level monsters, to kill this many is unheard of.

“Huh. I’ll give your reward shortly. But on the other hand… Iris, are you ok? You seem quite attached to Yufine-san.”

Iris, the mantis girl basically had her arms wrapped around Yufine. And Luvia, not wanting to back down was hogging her other arm.

“Yes…. I’m fine. Yufi-san… is kind. I…. love her….”

After their lovey dovey sex moment, Iris couldn’t help but fall in love with Yufi’s rod. And Yufi also enjoyed the feeling and tightness of a praying mantis’ pussy. And since Iris was now Yufi’s slave, she lost the genetical instinct to devour her sex partner. However this only applies to Yufi. If someone else were to force themselves on her, she would bite off their head without hesitation.

“In that case, I’m glad. I guess, if you really intend to join Yufine-san’s party, I won’t have to worry about you so much. Speaking of which, now that you girls are 3, I should register you at least as an official party. What name do you want your party to have?”

“Yufi, you decide.”(Luvia)

“I…. agree….”(Iris)

After pondering for a few moments, Yufine scratched her head as if trying to figure out if the name would be appropriate. The woman Yufine, or more precisely, the former male Mizuryu Shin, never had a good naming sense. It was still better than Dragon Queen Olivia’s naming sense.

“Well… since we’re all girls and have various backgrounds… let’s go with Fallen Angels.”

“That isn’t the worst thing I heard, but are you sure?”(Clara)

“Yes! Let’s go with that.”(Yufine)

“Very well. I’ll let you keep your mercenary status as individuals, but as a party you will be registered as adventurers. And given this pile of goblins… I have no choice but to promote you to rank 2 right off the bat.”(Clara)

And thus, Fallen Angels was born. Although Yufine didn’t want to stand out, she needed great achievements to be granted access to The Dectus Library. From her knowledge, rank 2 adventurers aren’t anything special. Besides, she doesn’t have to let anyone know she is the star of the party. With all this in mind…

“Excuse me, Clara, can I ask something?”(Yufine)

“Yes?”(Clara)

“Can we take on the quests needed to rise to rank 3?”

“Eeeeh!? You barely got back! Are you for real? I just told you to not cause any trouble. Can’t you please not do this at this time? Besides, you might end up putting Iris in danger.”

“If you are worried about the numbers, how about giving us just one big quest then?”(Yufine)

“You never listen to reason, do you? Can you at least promise me to not rush it? Seriously, it’s too suspicious if you finish it too fast.”(Clara)

“Yeah. I promise.”(Yufine)

Clara then browsed through a bunch of papers as if trying to find a needle in a haystack. Eventually she presented a piece of paper in front of the trio.

Quest type: WarBull extermination

Difficulty: B+

Reward: 30 gold coins

Time limit: until the 3rd day of the 7th month

Details: A giant WarBull has gone crazy and started to attack everyone on the main road. Caravans and travelers have been wiped out. It is a monster that needs to be dealt with.

In Phatansy Reverie Online, a WarBull was basically a red 3 meter tall minotaur around level 100. Needless to say that such a monster only appears rarely and isn’t something that a single party can handle. However, Fallen Angels wasn’t a normal party.

.

.

.

Inside a pure white temple, a man was kneeling before a statue and praying. Similar to Prince Julius he has silver hair that flows up to his shoulders, but unlike him he has golden reptile eyes with an overpowering look.

He wears a simple white coat adorned with fur, and has a rough beard and mustache around his face. Despite some might think this makes him look old, he is still in the prime of his life. This man is Leon, the 1st Divine General. After given his prayers, he stands up and looks behind towards the two women who were waiting for him to finish.

"So, I read your report, Cornelia. Although I am sure it's a bit exaggerated as always, your concern is just. Mina, what do you have to say in your defense?"

"I don't get what's the big deal. Leon-sama, didn't you send me on Luvelia continent, just to probe it and see the progress of mutations? That's exactly what I did. Nothing more."(Mina)

"You failed to kill a threat, you moron!!"(Cornelia)

"And I told you they were good people. They're my friends!!"(Mina)

Sparks flew between Mina and Cornelia, however Leon maintained his composed look. 

"Enough you two. I will not allow you to defile this holy place with your bickering. Am I clear?"

"Yes, Leon-sama."(X2)

"I suppose I also bear some fault. Mina, although I told you that making friends is important, I failed to teach you how to choose them. I will overlook your recklessness this time. But you are to present yourself in Victorias kingdom. 5 heroes will be put under your command. You will fulfill the quest assigned by the Goddess. Am I clear?"

Mina lowered her shoulders dejected and nodded.

"I understand, Leon-sama."

This isn't something I want. I can't go against Leon-sama's word here. Mou… I want to go back to my friends already!! I miss them.

"Both of you are dismissed for now. Leave and continue your duties."

Both Mina and Cornelia made a deep bow towards Leon and left the shrine. Once alone, Leon picked up and read Cornelia's report once more.

"Someone other than me can summon Efreet? This is hard to believe. Yet, as brutal as she is, Cornelia never submitted a false report. I don't think it's something I should worry with. But if such a person truly exists, then perhaps I should investigate it. Or seek the council of the Goddess. 

The world must be kept at balance. It's the will of the Goddess, and I will fulfill their desire, no matter what. Only then will my wish come true. Whatever this monster is… it's a mere stepping stone in my path."

With those words and without chanting anything, flames appeared from Leon's hand burning Cornelia's report. His deep gaze is enough to make anyone shiver in fear. 

The reason why he sent Mina there to scout is because of an oracle. Someone is going to tilt the natural balance on Luvelia continent. Although he can't assess if the person Mina encountered is the one in the oracle, he can't exclude that possibility either.

He doesn't know what it exactly meant, but Leon thinks a person controlling the demons in Luvelia is going to appear.

The oracle of the Goddess doesn't ever explain all the details, it was the work of priests and the Divine Generals for interpreting what the god actually wanted.

Though there's no proof that Leon's interpretation was correct, but considering the various possibilities, it was the most easy to understand. 

"Hmm… perhaps for now I shouldn't worry too much. Even if the oracle is true… there is none that can stand in my way. I proved to be the strongest, the moment I crushed the Dragon Queen's heart with these bare hands."

111