Chapter 62 – Are these two really related?
3.1k 5 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I ran through the floors, and before I knew it, I was already on the 12th floor. The fog was dense, and the enemies around were many. Not only enemies but also adventurers. There were a lot of them around.

I could hear some adventurers talking to my right, and then I could listen to another group talking to my left.

Also, many groups were in battle, but I never helped them, only if they were about to die. I didn't help that guy, but I guess letting people die is not good.

Especially if you are strong enough to save them.

"Sure, I'll help if I realize I'm strong enough. Since I'm on the 12th floor, the monsters on that floor are easy to deal with."

And after some more time looking at the map and walking, I finally reached the 13th floor. Since you've seen this before, I'm going to rush forward through the floors again until I get to the 16th floor.

"I don't remember how far I went last time, but I think I stopped at the 15th floor, right?" I walked around the 13th floor for a few minutes and was getting ready to start running when I heard a voice.

"Please, help me!" It was a man's voice. It didn't sound like an old man; it was the voice of a teenager. From the tone of his voice, he looks pretty desperate and scared. The voice was not coming from very far away, so I decided to act.

"Lukas, don't go into despair!" Before I approached, I heard the voice of a mature woman. Unlike the desperate boy, she sounded much calmer. The boy then gave one last cry before speeding up his steps.

There they were.

In the distance, I could see the short black-haired boy running towards me without looking forward with his eyes closed. Beside him was a woman with short light pink hair about shoulder length. She had white skin and large breasts.

She was not much taller than the boy next to her, although she had a much more mature appearance.

The woman who saw me looked pretty surprised, and soon after, she shouted. "Hey, run away! It's dangerous!" She yelled at me, trying to get me to run. And I can understand that. She is in a pretty bad situation.

Behind the two, a large group of monsters was chasing them. They were Hellhounds, a huge group. Not only Hellhounds but also Crystal Mantis among the monsters. I had never seen anything like this before.

"I had no idea that monsters could mix to attack adventurers..." I was pretty surprised.

"Hey, start running!" And before I knew it, the woman and the boy were already three feet away from me. The woman put her hand on my shoulder to encourage me to start running, and the boy passed me, breathing hard; he was already tired.

However, there was no point in running in this situation.

"Don't worry about me," I replied to the woman who had already passed me and moved a few meters away.

"What?!!!" The woman shouted and looked back as she continued to run, only to see me in action.

With my strongest skill activated, I clenched the handle of my knife and smiled.

"Strength Increase. Magical Strengthening. Berserk." Activating three other skills, I was finally ready. "Hell Kaios." And right away, I cast magic toward the group of monsters.

The three Hellhounds leading the group were swallowed up by my magic; I cut their bodies before they could even react. The monsters further back managed to respond and avoid my magic, which flew until it crashed into the wall, perhaps miles away.

Then I advanced towards the group of monsters that had stopped running because of my sudden attack. I appeared and disappeared several times, swinging my knife and cutting their bodies. The massacre began.

I didn't receive a single attack, so the Berserk skill was useless.

I had killed all the monsters in minutes. Items and crystals were on the ground. I couldn't count the number of monsters I killed, but I think it was more than 20.

A quick and easy battle. I confess that I had expected a little more difficulty.

"That shows that I am getting stronger and stronger."

So after putting my knife back in my waistband, I started picking up the items and the crystals from the floor. And as I was doing this, I began to hear some footsteps coming toward me.

I already knew who it was, so I wasn't too surprised. I had seen the two of them watching me from afar as I killed the monsters.

"That was amazing." The pink-haired woman said. The boy beside her also had his eyes glowing as he looked at me.

"That was no big deal," I replied to her.

"What do you mean that was no big deal? You just exterminated a bunch of monsters. That's awesome! And who are you again? I don't remember seeing you before."

"I've been in this town and exploring the dungeon for a while now. My name is Luan."

"Luan? Your name is a bit like my brother's." She pointed to the boy named Lukas beside her. "Oh, it's a pleasure; my name is Barbara."

"Barbara? It's a pleasure to meet you. Which Familia are you from?" I don't remember this character in Danmachi, so I should ask.

"Loki. My brother and I are from the Loki Familia."

"Loki Familia?" I don't remember any Barbara or Lukas in the Loki Familia... That's strange, very strange. Somehow the story has changed, and new characters have emerged. It could be that something like this is happening.

If I visit other Familia, there will probably be members I don't know. Yes, for sure, it is something like that.

"Yes, that's right. What about you, Luan?"

"Hestia Familia."

"Hestia Familia? Your Family doesn't have many members. It's the same Familia as Little Rookie."

"Oh, you're talking about Bell."

"Yes, that's right."

"We are from the same Familia but don't usually venture out together."

"I see." Barbara gave a weak smile and then sighed. She put her hand on her brother's shoulder and said she needed to go. She and her brother thanked her one last time before turning and walking away.

'Are these two related? They don't have any similar physical characteristics.'

 

THE HESTIA ARC STARTED ON PATR EON!!! LESGOOOO

READ 10 CHAPTERS AHEAD AND HELP ME!!! - PATREON.COM/PARODYGIRL

74