Chapter 64 – Running away from a monster is new to me.
2.9k 4 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Okay, I guess I can go to the next floor now." After picking up the item that Ligerfang dropped, I ran again towards the passage to the 16th floor. I think this is the first time I am coming to this floor.

I'm sorry, but I'm terrible at remembering things. "But I'm pretty sure I only came to the 15th floor last time."

And then, after running for a few minutes, I finally reached the passage that led to the 16th floor. On this floor, Minotaurs, Ligerfangs, and Hellhounds would appear. Of course, they will be stronger now.

"However, I don't think killing them will be much of a challenge." And soon after reaching the 16th floor, I encountered my first enemies. Not only monsters, but I also found some adventurers who were chasing them.

In the distance, I could see Ais, Bete, and Tione. Ahead, chasing the Hellhounds, was Tiona. Hellhounds are weak monsters, so the three further back were not helping Tiona. They just watched her.

Tiona slaughtered the Hellhounds in no time. And after she finished, she let out a sigh and finally realized my presence. As soon as she saw me, she stood there without reaction, and then a smile appeared on her face.

But before I could say anything, Tiona's smile disappeared. She turned back to where Ais and the others were standing and started walking. I couldn't read her lips, but she had said something before she went away.

I didn't run away. I continued standing there. Ais, who noticed my presence wrinkled her brow, annoyed with me. She then walked past me without saying anything. She walked in the side of Tiona so the girl couldn't talk to me.

Bete clicked her tongue and kept walking, and Tione was walking in silence, not caring about me. She seems to be the only one who is not angry with me.

'Well, at least I managed to meet her. She's fine...' I gave a smile and walked on. I couldn't just walk up to them and try to talk. Ais certainly wouldn't allow something like that.

I'm sure that if she attacked me, I couldn't win. 'To tell you the truth... I'm not so sure. This ability of mine is very powerful. However, I don't want to risk it.'

####

After I got far enough away, I put Tiona out of my mind and kept running towards the entrance to the 17th floor, which was even further away this time. And as expected, the monsters would not let me get there quickly.

I started to encounter several groups of Hellhounds on the way, as well as some minotaurs. I confess it was a little more complicated, but nothing I couldn't handle.

"It's nice to kill all the monsters easily, but I wanted a bigger challenge," I said after ripping the head off another minotaur with my knife. After taking its horn, I sighed and sat down for a while to hydrate and eat something.

I've probably been in the dungeon for two hours. I'm starving.

I grabbed a bottle of water and a stuffed bread roll from the bag I always carry with me. I had several of them to keep me alive for two days here. So I ate the bread and drank almost half the bottle of water.

"The big problem is that I didn't bring much water, only food." But I'll probably get water on the 18th floor since that's a resting point for adventurers.

I have always seen Rivira through a computer screen; seeing it all in person must be amazing. And I will want to explore it; I will want to look at every detail of that big "world" inside a dungeon. Maybe I can sleep there tonight after exploring a bit.

"Okay, let's continue our journey."

As usual, I encountered a few monsters along the way. However, I was able to reach the 17th floor safely. There is only one more floor before I get the "Safety Point."

####

The 17th floor was not much different from the previous ones, although the atmosphere was slightly different. The atmosphere was much heavier, as if it was dangerous to be here. Well, it makes sense since the monsters are more powerful here.

And we also have a new monster to try to kill us: Goliath.

A Rex monster that can reach 7 meters. In addition, it has grayish skin and is level 4. Yes, a level 4 monster. It is not a monster that will appear easy, but I must be careful.

"I'm unlucky, so I'll probably run into him at some point." And as I imagined, it was a Goliath after running for almost 10 minutes.

A giant tall monster with grayish skin, black hair, and red eyes. It looked pretty angry about something. It was "Goliath," a giant. As soon as I saw it, I noticed how giant and powerful Goliath was. Its height was so great that I wondered if I could even reach its head if I jumped.

I imagined myself cutting its head off, but now that I have seen one in person, I see this as impossible.

"And since it didn't see me, I should get out of here." I took slow steps back to try to escape it, but without realizing it, I kicked a rock that crashed against the stone wall and made a loud sound that caught Goliath's attention.

As soon as this happened, I looked at the monster again, looking into its eyes. It was looking directly at me.

I could feel my body shaking as this happened. I could feel its strength; it would kill me if I continued in this place. With my strongest ability activated, I then started to run.

As I did, I heard Goliath's heavy footsteps behind me, making this situation even more desperate. I looked back a few times, and it was chasing me as if his life depended on it.

But I was managing to get away. I was faster than Goliath; that's good.

"I don't know if I'll be able to hide, though. I think I'll have to get to the next floor as quickly as possible. The big problem is to lure it there."

Damn, I didn't think I would have to run away from some monster so soon.

 

 

THE HESTIA ARC STARTED ON PA TR EON!!! LESGOOOO

READ 10 CHAPTERS AHEAD AND HELP ME!!! - PATREON.COM/PARODYGIRL 

 

57