Chapter 25 : Fellow friends
3.6k 37 158
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hm~ Hmm~"

"Y-Your Highness, if you could let us-"

"It's alright~ You all worked hard everyday right? Let me handle this~"

"U-Understood..."

I'm cleaning my bed right now, my maids are watching from the sides. Usually, as a Princess, I have various chores done for me by servants, but I'm not like any other Princess! I'm self-sufficient I might say! Though, I'm only doing this for my reputation as the pure and naive Princess.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

A violent knocking can be heard from the door.

"Who is it?"

"I-It's me, Rene Your Highness!"

"Rene? Come in~"

Rene rushed in my room while carrying two scrolls with him.

"What is it Rene?"

"M-May I ask that the maids leave us?"

"Well~"

I glanced at the maids, they bowed down to me and left the room, closing the door on their way out.

"Alright, we're alone now, what's the matter Rene?"

"I-it's this Your Highness!"

He handed me the scrolls he was carrying, I placed them at my table and opened them up.

...

My eyes are wide eyed, my mouth agape, my fingers twitching, my mind melted...

The moment I laid eyes on the line [Eyes of Chin'ra], I couldn't stop panicking inside. But that's not all, there's also [Ears of Thun'ra] written on the other scroll.

"Haha~ Hahahaha~"

I rested my head on my hands, slowly accepting the words in front of me.

"Y-Your Highness?"

"I was right Rene! My theory was correct!"

"I-It would seem so..."

"HAHAHA~"

I couldn't stop laughing from enjoyment. The only step of my plan that worries me out of all the others is this one. But it's done, my plan can no longer be stopped. All I need to do...

"...Let's go Rene"

"W-Where to? Your Highness?"

"To meet my fellow friends~"

I left my room with Rene in tow. We headed towards the castle exit, and as I was about to go out of the gate, I was stopped by a voice.

"May I ask where you two are going?"

Both of us looked back, there I can see a tall man with long blonde hair and green eyes wearing luxurious noble clothing. He's Julient, the Third Prince of Setus.

"Ah, Julient~ What a coincidence~ Heading to the city too?"

"...What are you planning Munith?"

"What could you possibly be talking about~"

"You don't need use your naive persona on me, I know who you are..."

Julient glares at me with a slight smile, I tilted my head.

"Julient~ You're being rude~"

Rene stepped in front of me, shielding me from him. He then took control of the situation.

"Third Prince, Princess Munith just wants to shop for clothes, if you cause a problem for something as small like this, I wouldn't hesitate to inform Key"

"...I still don't understand how my brother could fall in love with a monster like you..."

"Third Prince! You must not insult the Princess by calling her a monster! That can be-"

"A violation of the treaty right? Hah~ You guys are really good at loop holes"

"Heh, you seem to understand the rules at least, I take it we're allowed to leave then?"

"...Fine, but know this... I will show the world your twisted face Munith, one day"

He glared at me smugly, it doesn't scare me in the slightest though. I replied with a cute confused look.

"Why would my face be twisted? I think it's rather beautiful no?~"

"Heh, dream all you want... I shall take my leave, I do wish that you won't cause trouble in the city, good bye"

"Excuse us then Julient~"

We left the castle, leaving Julient behind.

...

"Your Highness... Are you sure you want to provoke him so soon?"

"Don't worry, everything is in place, there's nothing stopping my plan now"

"I see... All we need to do is to meet your "friends"?"

"Correct, now let's go to the Sareid Mansion~"

 


 

"Haah... Haah..."

"Stand up Feyt! You can't possibly think you can take a rest now!"

"Y-Yes~"

I've been having personal training sessions with mother ever since that day she gave me a chance to make up to her. When the regular training with the other students ended, we would train together in the same room where we had our duel yesterday. Today's training is done in the early morning since there's no regular training for the day.

I stood up with wobbly legs, I don't know how many times I've been smacked around by mother now, but if I want to fix my relationship with her, I can't give up! I brandished my training sword up, preparing to parry her next attack.

"Good, now let us continue!"

"Let's!"

*THACK*

"GUAGH-"

...

"Ugh..."

I'm tired... I'm so tired I don't even have energy to sigh.

"Good work, keep that up for tomorrow"

"Y-yes..."

Mother threw a towel towards me, it landed on my face gently.

"Wipe your sweat off, we're heading for breakfast"

"Y-Yes"

Lately, I've been invited to eat in the dining room together with Carine's family. It has become a common occurence lately, and the other students seem jealous whenever I go out to eat lunch together with father and mother in the dining room. I kinda feel superior to them... But the dining room is actual mental torture for me.

I lifted the towel from my face and started to wipe clean my entire head from sweat. It took a while since my arms are a bit numb, but I finished soon enough.

"Now let's head for breakfast shall we?"

"Y-Yes, Madam Sareid..."

"...I told you before didn't I? Call me something else than Madam"

Right, she did said that.

"...But what should I use?"

"Anything... As long as it isn't "Mother""

"Ghk-"

That line still hurts me a little bit.

I racked my brain and finally found a good idea.

"...How about Instructor?"

I'm already calling Father 'Teacher', maybe calling Mother 'Instructor' wouldn't be so different. Besides, the more strict sounding name kinda fits her.

"...Teacher and Instructor huh... That would work I guess?"

Mother held her head with her eyes closed for a bit before opening it up and looked straight at me.

"Then so be it, call me Instructor."

"Y-Yes Instructor Sareid!"

We both headed out of the duel room in silence and started heading towards the dining room together.

...

In the dining room, father, Carine, Leila, and a few other servants are present. Father was the first to notice our presence.

"Feyt! Peyna! How was training?"

"He couldn't parry my attacks in the first 20 minutes..."

"I-I see"

Mother took a seat across from father while I headed towards my seat that was next to Carine's.

The breakfast for today is the same breakfast Carine and the others have, salad and tomato soup with no steak in sight. I kinda miss my old breakfast...

...

After breakfast, a servant entered the dining room.

"My Lord, forgive my intrusion, we have a guest"

"Guest? Who is it?"

"Princess Munith, My Lord"

"Princess Munith?! What is she doing here?!"

"She also wishes to see your entire family My Lord, as well as one of your best student"

"I see, then Feyt should suffice, let us meet her right away!"

...

"Your Highness! Forgive us for not preparing a suitable welcome for your esteemed self!"

"I-It's alright! I came here suddenly after all~"

In a luxurious meeting room, both of me are standing behind the couch that father and mother are sitting in. Across from them are Princess Munith sitting on the couch, and her companion named Rene standing behind her couch. I met them at the library a few days ago, and I still don't know if Rene is a girl or a boy to this day.

"May I ask the purpose of your visit?"

"Yes, I would like to speak to both of them"

She pointed at us. Mother looked confused as she asked a question.

"Carine and Feyt? Are there any reasons?"

"I believe the Sareid Style of swordsmanship to be truly fascinating. I want to see what your best students can do"

"I see, that explains your request then, would you like to see them showcase their techniques?"

The Princess tilted her head up cutely while contemplating something.

"Hmm... For now~ No, I just want to ask them a few questions~"

"I see, then feel free to ask them any questions"

"Great~ Rene~ Give me the list please~"

"Here it is Your Highness"

Rene leaned down forwards and handed a sheet of paper to the Princess.

"Alright~ Ehem~ How long have you been training for?"

I answered that question as Carine.

"Uhm... For the both of us, since we reached 13 years old, which is two months ago"

"I see~ How tough is the training?"

"It's hard"
"It's hard"

I gave a straight forward answer, I wanted to say it was torture as Feyt, but mother is there so I shouldn't...

"I-I see~ Next question~"

The list of questions continues on, she asked things like "How many breaks do you have?" "Does it improve your stamina?" Things like that.

"Alright~ Last question... Does the word "Dulante" mean anything to you?"

"Uhm... I don't believe so..."
"Same for me..."

"...I see... Not yet huh..."

The Princess looked gloomy all of a sudden.

"Y-Your Highness, if I may... What's the meaning of that word?"

"Hm? Oh~ It's just a fun word we use sometimes in Ortensia~"

Her cheery attitude went back, did something happen?

"Oh~ So you're asking them if they know Ortensian culture, well, I don't believe they have traveled outside of Setus at all, right Peyna?"

"Yes, I don't know much about Feyt, but Carine never left Setus ever since she was born"

"O-Oh~ Good to know~ Haha~"

The Princess stood up from the couch with the sheet of paper still in her hand. She handed the paper to Rene, who then folded it and tucked it in their pocket.

"I'm satisfied with this interview~ I will visit again to ask questions with the two of them again~"

"W-We will welcome you always, Your Highness!"

"Ah right, I want to give the two of you something~"

The Princess approached us.

"Here~ The same candy from the library as before, hope you like it~"

"Thank you"
"T-Thanks!"

"I'll talk with you two sometime in the future again, okay?~ I'll leave for now, Bye-Bye~"

"Good bye"
"Bye-Bye"

She left the room with her companion.

"...You two really did make friends with the Princess... I'm proud..."

"...I admit that making friends with the Princess is great, but I still won't accept you..."

I still have a long way to go to convince mother it seems...

 


 

During their walk back home to the castle, Princess Munith grumbled while reading a piece of paper. On it were the conversation from before copied word for word.

"Hmm... They haven't recovered their memories? Why?"

"What is it Your Highness?"

"...Dulante... The palace where we all lived in back in the day... They didn't react to that word at all..."

"...I still can't believe it... The gods really did reincarnate... And you're one of them..."

The Princess tucked the sheet of paper into her pocket. She then turns her head towards Rene to respond to her with a smug face.

"I told you didn't I? You kept saying I was crazy all the time~ What was it again? "Your talent name is only coincidentally the same as the god's name"? Jokes on you~"

The revelation that the girl he was strolling with was a god's reincarnation left Rene speechless. She always told him that she was a god in the past life, but he brushed it off as her narcissistic imaginations.

"I get it already~ But, that means those kids are gods in their past lives too?"

"Don't call them "Those kids". They are my past friends!"

"F-Fine, those... Gods? They're both the same as you right?"

"Yes, if they truly are Chin'ra and Thun'ra, they will be strong companions for my plan, but they don't have memories of their past lives yet it seems... I can't recruit them if they don't know anything about their past lives..."

"What's your plan for that?"

"Well, I recovered my memories the moment I activated the white lance when I was 15, maybe I'll wait for them to grow up before I recruit them"

"So, what will you do until then?"

"Lay down the ground work for my future steps~"

"Huh? Didn't you do that already? I already planted spies at the royal palace and-"

"I decided to hasten the plan a bit~"

The Princess gave Rene a wink. Rene knows the full extent of Munith's plan, and knowing that she decided to hasten that plan with just a cute wink instead of thinking about it deeply makes him shudder.

"...Scary as always..."

Soon, they reached the main market of the city.

"Well~ Let's buy some clothes before we head back~"

"...I see, what clothes should we buy?"

"Whatever really... I look good in anything~"

She said that as she twirls around the street elegantly.

"...I can't deny that..."

Despite how scary she is, Rene can't help but fall in love with her. He looks at her with awe and affection as she twirls around the streets.

"Hey~ Rene~ Come on and help me buy things already~"

"Yeah yeah, coming!"

Whether you are a god or not, I will continue to support you Munith.

 

 

158