Chapter- 9 Testing out Abilities on dungeon monsters
3.8k 7 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join our familia

Bonus Chapter Or Early Chapter 

—--------------

Chapter- 9

—--------------

He's nervous now, but he's also excited.

His previous life was spent in a modern peaceful world where he rarely fought anyone.

He knows that if something goes wrong, he could very well die, but he also knows that if he does not take this step, he will just be crushed by other people as a stepping stone.

In such a world where the strong eat the weak, he needs to be the strong if he does not wish to be eaten.

Keeping this mind, he makes a move forward and approaches the monster with a determined expression.

"Grrrrrr~"

He approaches the monster.

Once the monster could see Yuno, he charged at him with murderous intent.

*Growl*

His senses toward killing intent have become sensitive as a side effect of Haki's observation.

Bump* *bump* *bump*

Yuno's heart was racing as he senses the monster approaching.

He doesn't want to fight with a sword first, so he decided to use the devil's fruit ability first.

He didn't want to fight with a sword first, so he used the devil's fruit ability.

He had been confused at first when he started learning that his devil fruit ability was part of the skills department rather than in the magic department, but he now completely understands.

Because, unlike magic, which needs mana to activate, the Devil fruit's ability needs stamina.

Yuno activates his gravity at full power when the monster is around 5 steps away from him, as well as his body begins to glow purple as the monster is crushed into the ground.

*thud*

The pressure was causing cracks inside the ground while the monster's entire body had been crushed into pieces.

The monster's body dissolved into particles, having left behind a crystal and one nail.

Once he realizes the monster has indeed been killed, he raisesed an eyebrow while murmuring quietly, "Isn't this too effortless?"

That really is one thing he keeps in his mind since he has never fought a monster before, but he's heard that monsters like kobolds are difficult for inexperienced people like him.

That's the reason he uses his devil fruit ability at maximum capability without using the sword for safety.

And yet he didn't expect it to go down so easily.

He reaches the loot and retrieves it.

While putting the crystal in his bag, he said, "This must be the magical stone."

Magic stones are the core of monsters and are typically found in the monster's chest area.

Adventurers and supporters gather magical stones in order to trade them for valis at the Guild.

Magic stones retain magical power that can be used for illumination, water filtration, cooking stoves, refrigerators, and other purposes.

If the magic stone is destroyed while inside the monster, the monster dies instantaneously.

Afterward he scooped up the other item and said, "this must be a kobold's nail, the monster's drop item, this thing sure is sharp," as he carefully placed it in his bag.

Drop items are items that can occasionally be found after a monster dies, along with the magic stone.

They are parts of the dead monster and are used to make weapons and items and therefore are traded at high prices.

He then continues to move forward to his next monster.

He focuses on his observation haki to maximum capacity but he couldn't scan anything other than the floor he is currently in, he concluded that something must be blocking his observation haki.

'Well, it's useless to think about it now with that thought he shrugged his shoulders and started to move towards his next monsters.

He then moves in one specific direction where he senses the monsters.

This time, the monsters are different and emerge in groups of five.

"Goblins, this is an excellent opportunity to put my other capabilities to the test," Yuno said silently as he unsheathed his sword.

Goblins, The dungeon's weakest monster is a green and plump humanoid monster with bulging eyes.

Yuno calmly walks over to them and stands in front of them, holding a sword in one hand.

The goblins noticed him and scramble toward him at full speed.

*Growl*

Yuno just stood there, his blade coated in Armament Haki.

As he predicts their movements using his observation haki.

He then swings his blade smoothly towards the first goblin's neck, slashing through like a hot knife slices butter.

*splash*

Yuno was stunned on the spot as goblin blood splashed on his face.

Simply put, this is the first time in his two lives that he utilizes his blade to kill another living being.

Previously, he killed the monster by crushing it from afar with his devil fruit ability.

This time, however, he kills a living being with his own hands.

When he was shocked in one place, another goblin took advantage of the opportunity and aimed his bat at his head, while the other three goblins tried to attack together right behind the second goblin with the bat.

As a result of his observation haki, he instinctually bends down and avoids the bat by a mere fraction of a second.

*splat*

Then he swings his blade at the other three goblins attacking him, cutting all three heads with a single slash.

Then he turned around and punched the one and only remaining goblin in the face with his other fist clenched with Armament Haki.

*boom*

His head exploded into a million pieces, and his lifeless body dropped to the ground.

Yuno sits on the ground breathing deeply as well as murmuring, "ha...haa....ha that was close, however I fortunately survived."

However, unlike other haki's and devil fruit abilities, Yuno uses his observation haki 24/7, and as such his mastery over observation haki is many times higher than others.

As a side effect, he developed a passive skill of observation haki, that allows him to break away from some fatal attacks instinctively.

Yuno noticed his hands are trembling and he is dripping with sweat from his previous action though he takes a deep breath and whisper's repeatedly, "it's only a monster, it's only a monster, it's only a monster, it's only a monster, it's only a monster, it's only a monster, it's only a monster, it's only a monster, it's..."

He's hoping to convince himself that he simply killed the Monster rather than a living creature.

It already had a significant effect on him, who lived previously in a peaceful world and never engaged in just about any fight.

He stood up and moves toward the bodies of the goblins that disappears into particles, having left behind the magic stones and drop items as he calms down.

He gathers them and places them in the bag, debating whether or not to continue since it is already having a significant effect on him.

Concentrate his thoughts on his template system while he's deep in thought:

[ Name- Yuno ]

[ Current template- Blind Admiral ]

[ Template progress- 30.25% + 2.25% ]

[ Abilities- Gravity, Observation Haki, Armament Haki, Conqueror Haki ]

[ Daily task- 100 push-ups, 10 km run and 1000 vertical slashes ( completed ) ]

He is surprised to discover that his previous prediction was right.

His crave to complete his template advancement triumphs over his fear.

With a resolute expression, he then chose to move forward to progress the dungeon.

After around 5 minutes, he happens to come across a group of 30 monsters that are a mix of goblins and kobolds.

Sensing them, he decided to test out the conquered haki, which he had not even used since obtaining the template system.

Yuno powered up his Conqueror Haki, a force shield generated by his body which rendered each monster around him unconscious, and they began to fall to the ground one by one.

Since this is not what he expected, he originally assumed that Conqueror Haki only works solely on a single opponent at a time, so he did not expect it to work in groups.

He now has begun to rethink all of Conqueror Haki's ideas, as it is incredibly efficient against large groups.

Slowly approaching the monster's body and, with a trembling hand, aims his sword at the monster's chest, saying in a low tone "I sincerely apologize" as he pierced it.

As well as kills the remaining monsters, gathering their magic stones and dropping items one by one, before scooping up the magic stone and items.

After doing all the work he focused again on template progress hoping to see good progress:

[ Name- Yuno ]

[ Current template- Blind Admiral ]

[ Template progress- 32.50% + 7.50% ]

[ Abilities- Gravity, Observation Haki, Armament Haki, Conqueror Haki ]

[ Daily task- 100 push-ups, 10 km run and 1000 vertical slashes ( completed ) ]

Seeing his progress, he frowned and thought angrily  'what the hell!? When I only kill 4 monsters it gives me 3.25% and now I kill 30 monsters In one go, it's giving me only 7.50%, what kind of bullshit is this?!'

Edited by: darkfox235

—------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, this time we only got 2 new member who recently joined our familia :-(

Level 5- Milli Benitez

Level 3- Evan Ferguson

thank you very much for your support friends...

and if you haven't joined our Shinigami's familia ( Please joined we need more members to enjoy ) on discord where I am always active with other members, then quickly joined now here is the link-

https://discord.gg/J9WfWBXC

and as always many thanks to server supporter- Mudae.

if you want to read advanced chapters and discord benefits here is the link to my pat reon or ko-fi-

https://www.pat reon.com/6Shinigami9

or you can also buy my membership on ko-fi now

ko-fi link-

https://ko-fi.com/6shinigami9

And finally, thank you for reading this chapter...

see you guys soon ;-).....

118