Chapter 2 – Nico Robin
20.5k 31 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After swallowing the last bite, a strange sensation assaulted his mind, he was feeling as if something alien was being injected into his body, at the same time a new instinct and knowledge awakened inside him, enabling him to understand the Devil Fruit.

 

“This is really a strange sensation.”

 

Alexander was marveling at this new sensation that was filling him with power he had never felt before.

 

With a thought, an electric arc formed between his fingers, like a stun gun, and that was just an effortless action from his part.

 

The Rumble-Rumble Fruit was used by Enel on the Sky Island, he could transform into lightning and pass through conductive materials at the speed of lightning. He could use the power of 200 Million Volt, which is the same as a real lightning bolt, to hit targets from a very far distance.

 

He didn’t feel sorry for taking his fruit as he was a cruel person.

 

Alexander was really satisfied with this Devil Fruit; many forgot about it because it was easily defeated by Luffy, but this fruit was one of, if not the most, overpowered devil fruit, electricity is the reason life exists and not to forget the many limitless usages it has, it is practically invincible, that is if you aren’t overconfident like Enel.

 

Just as he was still basking in this feeling of happiness.

 

*Bam*

 

He heard a loud sound from outside.

 

“Could it be pirates?!” Alexander that was floating in heaven, suddenly fell to hell.

 

He had no experience fighting, or at least he did not think so.

 

With his fastest speed, he opened the Captain’s Logbook and added 3 free points to STR and 2 to CON.

 

Do you want to confirm those changes?

Yes

No

 

 A confirmation prompt appeared, and he confirmed it.

 

As the prompt disappeared, a heat stream surged from his heart and extended to his entire body, he could hear his bones creaking and his muscles expanding and then compacting to their original size.

 

Alexander could feel an explosive strength in his body.

 

With this he should have a fighting chance.

 

With slow and steady steps, he reached the door to the outside and put his back to the wall beside the door leading outside.

 

Careful not to reveal too much of his head, he peeked outside.

 

There was no movement outside, no suspicious shadow.

 

*Bam* Another sound, almost making Alexander jump from his hiding place.

 

It didn’t sound like it came from the deck, but just besides the ship.

 

“Could it be a log is hitting the hull?” Alexander thought, it was not improbable.

 

Feeling a little better, Alexander left his hiding place and headed outside, still maintaining a state of alert.

 

Sure enough, after surveying his surroundings there were no traces of any threats.

 

*Bam* Now he clearly heard it, the sound was originating from the right side of the ship.

 

Walking to the right side, he leaned over the hull.

 

“!”

 

There it was, a small boat with an unconscious person lying on their side, the small boat seems to be damaged and it was slowly taking water.

 

Despite the water that was splashing the person’s face no reaction could be seen.

 

“Shit!”

 

Seeing that person laying there, unknown if alive or dead, Alexander took a rope he found when he explored the ship and tied one side to the rail, he then threw it overboard and he slowly descended on the small boat, without looking at the unconscious person he took them over his shoulders and used the rope to lift himself up.

 

“This is easier than I expected, I almost feel weightless.”

 

It seems that the points he invested in his stats were not wasted, even while carrying a person he had no problem lifting himself with just his hands, he was feeling weightless.

 

Throwing one hand over the rail, he pushed himself up, then one leg and then he was on the deck.

 

Alexander carefully laid the unconscious person from his shoulders to the wooden deck and started to examine them.

 

The person was a tall and slender young woman with shoulder-length black hair, she also had a long, thin and defined nose.

 

“This is!!”

 

Alexander could not believe his eyes, could this person be ‘that’ woman?

 

“Nico Robin!!!” Although she looks younger than in the anime, maybe 23 years old, but she is for sure Nico Robin!

 

How could he not recognize her! How many times has he seen her while watching One Piece and reading the manga!

 

Looking at Robin, he could at least tell when in the world of One Piece he is, and where.

 

This should be West Blue, one year Before she left for the Grand Blue where she joined the Baroque Works.

 

“Wait, this is not the time to become lost in thoughts, I must first take care of her.”

 

How could she be in this situation? He doesn’t remember reading anything about this in the manga or anime.

 

“A lot of things are left out in the story; she is in constant run from the Marines and she is constantly hiding because of her bounty. This should be one of the times that she had been discovered or betrayed and she had to escape with this small boat.”

 

Her life story was a sad one, continuously being betrayed and chased by everyone, after she escaped from Ohara her life was hard.

 

Her ample bust was slowly rising, indicating that she was breathing.

 

He knew she won’t die because if she died because of this she won’t have appeared in the anime, but now that he is here a lot of things will change, what if she died because of the way he brought her to the ship? It was a possibility.

 

“She just needs to rest in a soft bed, far from the seawater that weakens her.”

 

Alexander was relieved and happy, relieved because she was alright, happy because he meet Robin.

 

“I have to take this opportunity and have her join me!”

 

If he lost this opportunity, then he may as well just die.

 

“Better to take her to a soft bed to rest.”

 

Taking her in his arms in the classical ‘princess carry’, Alexander took Robin to the only room with a bed.

 

Looking at a wet Robin laying on the bed he did not have the courage to change her clothing.

 

“It should be alright, it isn’t cold here, she just needs to rest.” He just wiped her skin where he could with a towel and then covered her with a soft blanket.

 

“It should take some time before she wakes up.”

 

Thinking of this, Alexander headed for the kitchen to prepare some food for when she wakes up.

 

He wanted to make a good impression.

 

The kitchen was just beside the living room, Alexander was once again awed by his ship while walking towards the kitchen.

 

Entering the kitchen, he pondered if he knew how to cook, it was fortunate that, as he started to ponder, many recipes surfaced in his mind.

 

It took Alexander just one hour before a nice dinner was ready.

 

Just as he put the last plate on the table in the living room.

 

*Boom! * An explosion sounded close to the ship, shaking it.

100