Ch. 87 – Rewards
1.2k 12 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[“Soo… Am I a god?”]

“Not really, quasi-divine being at most I would say. “

[“How does one become a god?”]

“No idea.”

Well, it’s not like I need to become one.

“Hey, can you guys forgive me now?”

Come to think of it she was still getting spanked by Felicia, but judging by her tearful look, she should have learned her lesson already so I signaled to Felicia to let her go. It looked kind of funny to see her standing and clutching her sore butt while the catkin was sitting on comfortable couch, but she probably won’t sit for some time.

“Thank you. Now do you want me to send you back to where you ended or do you want me to give you rewards for completing my dungeon now? I don’t really want any more damage to it, and I’m not sure how effective would my monster be in stopping you.”

Hmm, to be honest, even though I became a bit overpowered, I’m still weak. I know how it sounds, but even if I’m confident in surviving almost anything, my fight with the spider showed me how much I’m lacking in terms of stats and experience. Still, the I grew a bit tired of this dungeon, namely of how it tricks me on every turn.

If I wanted to get stronger, I would prefer to go into a different dungeon, this one is too mentally draining. Getting the rewards now is tempting, and probably the best option since completing a dungeon gives its own benefits in getting stronger if form of a title.

[“I think we want the rewards now.”]

“Phew, I was really worried you would want to level up more.”

[Conditions fulfilled. Gained title [Conqueror of the labyrinth of darkness] ]

“I sent the gold directly into your shadow storage, I don’t really have any treasures you would want, but there’s a stone I got from that rogue god, he said to give it to you when you got here.”

I had no idea what would I use the gold for, but it probably would be useful for Felicia if she visited a human town. More importantly, the stone she was talking about was exactly the one I was supposed to receive from the dragon, and I was strangely excited at the fact it would finally land in my hands.

The goddess held the stone in front of me and I reached for it. As soon as I touched it, something started happening.

[Soul interference detected]
[Extreme quantity of energy detected]
[What the f*ck is that]
[Maximum level reached]
[Energy storage exceeded]
[You’re doing it on purpose]
[Forcing evolution]
[Maximum level reached]
[Energy storage exceeded]
[Forcing evolution]
[That’s it, I’m done]
[Solve this yourself]

Throughout this system’s monologue, my body was racked with intense pain.

And as soon as it ended,  I lost my consciousness.

 


 

I looked at the mass of people in front of me. Five hundred of elite soldiers equipped with state of art armor and weapons, ready to take on all the monsters. The system wouldn’t let humans equip a force like that with guns or mass destruction weapons, so everyone had swords on their waists.

Still, it should be enough against enemies in the forest, and enough to take care of the spiders protecting the queen. There was also a small force of about twenty of my students, and of course me that was intended to take on the queen herself. It was a bit funny how the most difficult task was assigned to students instead of professionals, but the overall strength was much higher on our side.

We had Arthur who had a hero title, and top students who were supposed to assist him with half of them being proficient in healing and buffing magic. I could probably defeat the weakened queen myself, but our superiors said that the hero needs to farm some achievements if he wanted to still be seen as such. I would only act if some unforeseen circumstances arose.

It will take a week for our force to reach the dark forest, and then about three months to reach the darkness dungeon that’s protected by the spiders. There was enough expeditions sent already into the forest for us to have complete map of it, so we would be able to avoid most dangerous places and arrive in almost perfect condition.

Our supplies should last for thrice the amount of time we needed, so hunting monsters for their meat probably wouldn’t be necessary too. I don’t want to remember eating monster meat, and most importantly, I don’t want to do it ever again, the taste only was able to make one think their soul was about to die.

I looked at my students, they were laughing and were visibly excited for the trip, but I couldn’t force myself to smile like them. I was about to join an expedition meant to slaughter my friend and their family, how could I have fun in this situation. On top of that, there was a devil currently going straight at our world, and if something went wrong, it would probably kill us all.

Ignorance is bliss huh?

I really hoped whatever that guy I met before had planned would be a success, and I would get to see another century. Ahh, someone as old as me shouldn’t have to worry about the world’s future that much, why can’t the younger ones just take over?

32