Ch. 97 – Plans and new apartment
865 6 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the entrance area, a car came to pick us up. Felicia was very excited to ride inside, but that was only before she actually entered, because then, if I didn’t pacify her, she would actually break the door. Cats are difficult to understand. Fortunately she’s not strong enough to break out from being entirely covered in my webs.

The ride took only a couple of minutes and we arrived at our destination without much damage done by the fussy cat girl. The place we ended up at was a bit different from the rest of the city. There was only a single skyscraper here and the surroundings were full of empty lots and one story buildings. If I had to guess, this was most likely the school.

How did I guess that? The appraisal surprisingly identified the whole complex instead of a single thing. We entered through the main gate and proceeded down the paved road in the direction of the main building. Apparently this was where all the dorms were located along with most classes for theoretical lessons.

Felicia and I were supposed to get a room just next to the principal’s that turned to be the old man. It would be nice to get a place to stay while I searched for some slaughter targets and they wouldn’t be complaining about me running loose, so everyone wins at the end. Well, maybe apart from those higher ups that needed to be culled a bit. Arthur probably won’t be happy too, I wonder if they glued back his severed limbs…

Anyway, if he’ll go after me, then I will have a perfect reason for killing him (not that I don’t already have one) which would be legitimate self-defense, so the old man won’t stop cooking for me. If he doesn’t attack, then until I find out those responsible for the raid on my nest, he can probably live until then.

It would be a lot easier if I could just erase this entire city, but there are a couple of blockers that I can’t just get through. Firstly, my emotional fluctuations just can’t let me be angry at the humanity as while also making me blind with rage which is quite frustrating. Secondly, there’s my weird attachment to the old man and my inability to really say no to him. Well, I will still ignore his orders most of the time, but I can’t bear the thought of making him sad.

I know it sounds stupid, but it’s just like not wanting your pet to sulk or be angry at you. There are multiple things you know will hurt their feelings you will still do, but you will certainly feel bad about it later. This is about how I feel when I think about unrestricted slaughter.

The worst thing, it’s not only the old man and Felicia that give me this weird feeling of attachment. It’s certainly the strongest with them, but now that I entered the city, I could feel something like a familiar aura that gave me a nostalgic feeling. I have no idea what could make me feel nostalgic, since I wasn’t even a year old, so I guess my endless confusion won’t be solved any time soon.

Maybe I’ll take over this city? I’ll be killing it’s rulers anyway, so why not make myself into one? I’m a queen now, so ruling is something I’m literally made for! It’s not exactly comfortable here, but it’s nothing that a bit of webbing won’t solve. There’s even a convenient barrier to shield my nest from outside attacks, and from what I’ve seen, in the middle of this city most likely lies another dungeon, so even experience wouldn’t be scarce.

But first, I’ll be having a little fun. You can’t just work throughout your whole life, you sometimes need to take a break. I’m about to see just how luxuriously these humans live and I’m going to enjoy these living conditions for a while. Well, probably nothing can beat my hand made nest, but there’s still food to enjoy.

We entered the building and went to the elevator. I imagine stairs exist here, but they would seriously be a pain judging by the height of this building only. As for the elevator, there must be some magic involved in it, since it looks just like a floating platform and is much faster than I would expect, which caused us to end up on a highest floor in a matter of seconds.

After the short ride on the elevator, Felicia and I were led to our rooms, which quickly turned out to be just one because of how much Felicia refused being separated. About the room we ended up in, the old man really splurged on this huh? If this room isn’t fit for royalty, then I don’t know what is. A huge room, with walls draped in luxurious silks, gold almost everywhere, a giant bed that can fit tens of people…

There’s even a pool here! I’m not sure if we’ll be using it, but it’s the fact that we have it that counts. And don’t even get me started on the view we have when we look out of the window. From this height, entire city is easily visible along with a huge amount of ground outside of it.

I’m going to enjoy living here for a bit. I’ll have to put some locks on the windows though because someone might think I enjoy throwing people out of them. I swear, what’s so enjoyable in jumping from this height? I had to tie Felicia up and explain to her she can’t just jump out like that or there will be complaints, but I’m not really sure how much got through.

25