Chapter 1 – My Sixth Life
11.8k 28 274
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Five…that is how many times I have been reincarnated or transmigrated between worlds. Throughout my life, I have been a Hero, a Sage, an Assassin, a Demon Lord, and a King but all of them were cut short by a very irritating deity. He was the one that plucked me from my normal life as a college student and made me the Hero to save a world on the brink of collapse. As the Hero, I strove to provide safety, stability, and innovation to bring the world back from the edge. By the time I was forty years old, I had managed to bring the people of the world together and was about to marry the women that helped me reach that point.

 

As I stood at the altar watching my brides walk down the aisle one of God’s Messengers, an Angel named Angelo, took me away claiming that God needed me elsewhere. I could only stare at my loved ones in shock as I was pulled from that world, and cast into another as an infant. This trend would continue over and over, every time costing me everything I held dear. God never once showed me any sympathy or regret for ruining my life five separate times.

 

‘I am done playing his games.’, I thought standing before him yet again, ‘Every damn time I work my ass off for the world, fall in love, and watch it all get taken from me. All I want is to finally have the happy ending I always wanted, why is it so damn hard to let me have that!.’

 

“Well done Charles, another world successfully saved.”, the God of Reincarnation chuckled, “That is five in a row, a new record by my count! You should be proud of yourself, those worlds are better off because of your sacrifices.”

 

“When do I get my happy ending!”, I seethed, “You stole happiness from me yet again, I left four pregnant women alone to raise my children. How many times do you wish to see me suffer!”

 

“I saved you from a life of changing diapers, dealing with naggy women, and dealing with heathens! You should be grateful to me!”, he shouted.

 

“I chose to live that way because I enjoyed it!”, I retorted, “In every life, I found happiness with women I would have died for, but you stripped it from me! Yes, there were bound to be issues, but I would have faced them to spend my life with those women!”

 

Telling me that I was a fool for thinking that, he informed me that I would be heading to a sixth world now. Sliding me a piece of paper I was instructed to write down a superpower I would want to have as I would need it where I was going. Asking for context, so I could plan accordingly, he informed me that I was going to the My Hero Academia world. 


“Why that world is full of Heroes what could need fixing there?”, I questioned.

 

“That is what you need to go find out. The God of Creation has told me that something strange is happening to many worlds in our domain. He has instructed me to send a capable person to investigate the situation, and fix things…that’s where you come in.”, he told me as he got up from his seat, “Write down the power you want, and the Reincarnation System will handle the rest. I have a date with the Goddess of Beauty so I can’t hang around here.”

 

Leaving me standing in his office, he left without saying anything else. Glaring at the door, I wanted to kill him so badly for ruining my life five times. As I was thinking about how I could do that, an idea came to mind almost immediately. Due to me never actually dying, every life I lived carried my stats and skills over from the previous lives. While I was extremely overpowered, I was still a long way off from being able to kill a God. 

 

‘All I need to do is gain more power, then I can kill him.’, I thought looking at the paper, ‘I have to think of something that won’t raise any flags with him, but honestly, he hasn’t realized he made me into a monster yet. With the power at my fingers currently and a good power I can easily wipe that shit smirk off his face!’

 

Making myself to be Superman, Doctor Manhattan, or even Galactus was not an option. They would stand out far too much, I had to go with something more reasonable that could get better over time. Thinking back on all the video games and comics I read before this all started, one series stood out among the rest…Infamous. Delsin Rowe’s ability to take powers from other superpowered people would suit my needs perfectly, and if I combined it with Cole MacGrath’s power I knew I could amass enough power to kill the God of Reincarnation.

 

‘I have to word this right though…obviously, MHA doesn’t have someone on a God’s level, but if I change my wording around I can use it in other universes.’, I thought, ‘There is bound to be someone that can open a portal to another world, that is the key to gathering power to kill that rat bastard.’

 

Writing the request down, I made sure to give myself some flexibility. Delsin’s power on its own was good, but I wanted to make it better. From now on I wanted to be able to take abilities/powers, copy abilities/powers, bestow abilities/powers on others, and destroy abilities/powers of others at will. Adding on Cole’s ability to control electricity and his future powers, I would easily be able to gather strength in secret till I was ready. In addition, I made sure to add that my powers were Conduit based and that I could use any element under my control to recharge my powers.

 

Submitting the paperwork, the scenery around me changed almost instantly. 

 

—MHA World—

Finding myself sitting at a dining room table, it appeared this time I didn’t have to go through the pain of growing up from a baby. This time around I appeared to already be five or six years of age. Looking around the room, my family appeared to be pretty well off as the home was very well furnished.

 

“Cole, is everything okay?”, the woman I assumed was my mother asked.

 

“Yeah, I am just a little tired.”, I lied.


“I told you that your father is overworking the poor boy.”, my mother scolded my dad.

 

“It’s fine dear, I went through the same training as a child too. Give him some time to adjust, he will be used to it in a week or so.”, my dad assured her, “He won’t be a Hero if he doesn’t train.”

 

Hearing the word Hero brought up made my skin crawl. Having been the world’s savior five times already, I wasn’t in any hurry to make this world my sixth time. My only goal now was to thrive in this world, that said it appeared that I could use my family’s wealth to increase my training and prepare for things in the future.

 

“I have told you several times now, it’s Cole’s decision whether or not he wants to be a Hero. Just because your father and you are doesn’t mean he wants to be one.”, my mother said.

 

“Cole, tell your mother you want to be a Hero.”, my dad instructed me.

 

“I don’t want to be a Hero.”, I replied, “I just want a normal life.”

 

Staring at me blankly, my father seemed to be at a loss for words. Based on the flow of this conversation, I assumed he thought I’d want to be a Hero.

 

“That was a funny joke son.”, my dad said laughing off what I told him.

 

Letting out an inaudible sigh, I realized I ended up in one of those dynastic Hero Families. It was clear I was going to have no say in my future if it had nothing to do with Heroics, so I just had to tolerate it till I turned 18. Once I was an adult I could leave and start tracking down useful Quirks to help me. If the people happened to be villains, I would do the world a favor and either kill them or destroy their Quirk.

 

Leaving it at that for the evening, I didn’t feel like arguing with them. Heading to my room, I decided to do some digging into the family I was born into. A quick Froggle search brought up everything I needed to know who we were.

 

The family I was born into was the Bolt Family, and unsurprisingly all the men in the family carried electric-based Quirks. Our heroic line started back five generations in the late twenty-first century, my ancestor was one of the first Heroes to form an agency that has been passed down every generation to the eldest son. Currently, my father was the head of the agency as my grandfather retired a few months after my birth.

 

‘Huh…so I am a little over six years old.’, I thought reading my bio online, ‘Says here I am my parent's only child, and I am some sort of prodigy when it comes to electricity. That explains why he is so insistent I become a Hero…too bad for him I won’t be.’

 

Doing further research on things, I wanted to get an idea of what that bastard was talking about when he said there were issues down here. There weren’t any ongoing wars, no plagues, no famine, no uprisings, and no world-ending events coming for the planet. As far as I could tell everything was as it should be, but maybe the issue hadn’t started yet. Confirming that things were fine in Japan, I walked over and laid down on my bed.

 

‘The article said that I am recently privately educated…’, I thought, ‘I wonder what the fuck I am in for tomorrow. Fortunately, it’s a Friday so I only have to sit through a single day before I am off for the weekend.’

 

—Next Day—

Following my body's normal routine in this world, my parents and I were out the door by 7 am. Sitting in the back of their car, I was disappointed that this futuristic world didn’t have flying cars or anything one would expect in the year 2400. Sitting quietly in the backseat, we were at the Agency by 7:30 am. Parting ways with me at the Front Desk, I just sat and waited for someone to come to get me.

 

“Cole, why are you just sitting there?”, an older gentleman said coming out of the elevator a few minutes later, “You gave your grandpa a heart attack.”

 

‘...you have to kidding me, he’s my teacher?’, I thought, “Sorry, just wanted to see what you would do.”

 

“I swear you act more and more like your father every day.”, he laughed, “Come on, we have work to do.”

 

Taking me upstairs to a conference room, he sat me down and had me go over some coursework for kids my age. This was another one of my least favorite things about this process, being forced to sit through boring lectures. Five lifetimes had given me enough experience and knowledge to easily make me one of the smartest people in the world. Sliding the papers back a few minutes later, he gave it a once over before looking at me.

 

“Cole…how did you get this all done? It usually takes you at least two hours to finish your schoolwork.”, he inquired.

 

“I figured that if I try extra hard, maybe you will let me pick a different career path.”, I lied, “I don’t want to be a Hero.”

 

Sighing, he told me that my father and him felt the same way when they were my age. Living up to the family legacy was a tough burden to bear, but they both eventually accept it when they graduated high school. Explaining to me that we had offices all over the country, he went on to say that if I didn’t take the Agency over as an adult everyone we employed would lose their jobs. Assuring me I would understand what that meant when I was older, I just stared at him with frustration.

 

‘So basically you guilt trip your family into doing this to keep everyone employed…what a great family I have.’, I thought.

 

With the school work done, my grandfather took me out to the training ground to hone my Quirk.

274