Chapter 34 – Gigantomachia
4.2k 10 173
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

—3rd Person POV—

Knowing that he was sending his faithful servant towards certain death, All For One decided to take as many people down with Gigantomachia as possible. Since most of Musutafu’s Heroes were in Tokyo assisting the police, only a few Heroes could interfere with Gigantomachia's rampage through the city. With this in mind, All For One had charted his path straight through the heart of Musutafu to cause the most amount of damage.

 

Watching the news reporters start to cover the beginning of the rampage, Kyudai approached him with a question.

 

“Was it really okay to send him out there?”, Kyudai questioned, “Kessler has all my notes on Gigantomachia’s vulnerabilities, we stand to lose one of my greatest creations doing this.”

 

“I agree with you doctor, however, our hands are tied as we need our allies in the government and media to stay in place a little longer. It will be a heavy blow to our cause, but it is necessary to maintain our momentum as there is no stopping it now.”, All For One stated with a smile, “His loss won’t be in vain though, while Kessler is dealing with him we will dispose of the evidence ourselves.”

 

Looking at him with a confused look, Kyudai realized All For One was going to make his move directly. The only threat to him there was All Might who was currently in a weakened state, this would be a golden opportunity to destroy the evidence and deal a critical blow to the Hero Faction.

 

“Tomura, prepare our men to move out. We will only have a few minutes at best before Kessler comes back to aid them.”, All For One order.

 

“Yes, Teacher!”, Tomura replied rising from his seat.

 

While the All For One’s group began to move, the heroes in Musutafu dug in to hold Gigantomachia back from entering the city. Currently trying to hold him down, Kamui Woods and Best Jeanist were giving it everything they had while Mt Lady and Ryuko tried to pin him to the ground. As the four of them fought desperately to keep the villain down, the other heroes and officers were frantically evacuating civilians.

 

“Focus on getting the civilians out of here!!”, the police commander onsite shouted at his men, “We aren’t going to hold him here, start evacuating downtown as well!”

 

Acknowledging the order they were given, several officers looked over to see Gigantomachia throw Ryuko and Mt Lady off of himself. Breaking his restraints, the giant size villain swung his arm behind him crashing into the two men behind him. Tumbling across the ground, both of them gasped as the air in their lungs had been knocked out of him.

 

“Where is…everyone else…”, Kamui Woods panted.

“Tokyo.”, Best Jeanist replied realizing the area around them got dark. 

 

Jumping to his feet, Jeanist grabbed his colleague and used his threads to launch himself out of the area. No more than a few seconds later did a small apartment building crash into where they had been laying. Putting him down, Jeanist looked over to see Gigantomachia barreling into the city.

 

“We have to get moving.”, he said running over to Mt Lady and Ryuko.

 

Taking his phone out of his pocket, Jeanist called one of his closest sidekicks for assistance. In his rush to get over to help, he had forgotten to grab his carbon fiber threads which would be incredibly useful for restraining Gigantomachia. Asking the sidekick to bring them to a location in the city, he said they would be there in a few minutes.

 

—Cole POV—

Translating for Nezu and the Police Commissioners, they got the full story from Noah. Since he had been in captivity for five years now, Noah had learned a lot of things about the Huntsman Family. Telling them about the routine hunts they held on a remote island somewhere, he said that the captives were forced to watch each time to increase the difficulty of each subsequent hunt. The thought process was that they would learn from other’s mistakes and improve thus increasing the challenges for the couple.

 

“We saw the inside of the home on that island once by accident…they have the heads of everyone they killed mounted like trophies on the wall of their Great Room.”, he told us.

 

Snapping their pens in anger, the Tokyo Commissioner and Togo both were seething with rage. Having reviewed the background of both men, to confirm they weren’t with All For One, I knew these men had relatives that would be classified as mutants. The thought that something like this was going on without anyone knowing made them worried about their families.

 

“How did they get you in here? The officers below us haven’t found any access tunnels or anything like that.”, Togo asked him.

 

“Their butler has a Quirk called Translocate, it allows him to move between places he’s been physically before.”, Noah replied, “He can move two shipping containers with him at a time, but he can only use his Quirk six times a day.”

 

Looking at Nezu and the Commissioners, I told them that meant we had barely missed them.

 

“No, they left four days ago. They rigged the facility to blow up when someone stepped inside, I don’t know how you managed to get past the security system but thank you for not blowing us up.”, Noah chuckled.

 

Translating what he said, the three men looked concerned. If anyone but me had gone down there first, we’d be looking at a massive crater based on what explosive had been disarmed down there.

 

“Great so we have three psychopaths that can change their faces and voices, and be anywhere in the world they want to…”, Togo sighed, “Please tell me you have some good news, Kessler?”

 

“I do, they can change their facial appearance but not the complete structure.”, I said showing them the same evidence I had shown All Might, Gran Torino, and my grandfather the night before, “As you can see, we just need to modify your software to match a smaller amount of facial features. This will prevent them from hiding in their crimes again, and you may find their associates hiding in the system as well. I can imagine they would get paid quite a lot by villains to change their appearance to begin new lives.”

 

“This is very detailed research…how long have you been working on this?”, Togo asked out of curiosity.

 

“A lot longer than most, the Huntsman Family has been able to hide their crimes this long because they have dirt on many people. They have Heroes, Police, Hero Association Staff, and politicians all at their disposal to make things disappear. When those people aren’t enough, they rely on their media empire to snuff out anything regarding their misdeeds.”, I said showing them more documents I had.

 

Asking me why I hadn’t come to them for help, I reiterated that they had moles in their ranks. Sending names, copies of emails I had been seeing, and surveillance footage of people tampering with evidence I told the two of them to clean up shop. With the Huntsman Family on the run, now was the best time to start disassembling their empire.

 

“We also have a mole in UA, but they aren’t necessarily a willing one.”, I said glancing over at Yuga, “That’s a topic for another time, for now, know that I have been keeping you in the dark to protect people. Letting the villains know I found their moles would have made things a lot worse for all of us. I have been trying to provoke All For One and the Meta Liberation Army into coming out to confront me head-on so I can crush them in a single go. Unfortunately, I haven’t been-”

 

Before I could finish my sentence, the radios started to go off as an emergency alert came across.

 

“We have a situation, the villain Gigantomachia is on the move and heading towards Tokyo. Officers and Pro Heroes are attempting to stop them, but he has already made it into downtown Musutafu. EMS and backup are requested to help rescue civilians trapped in collapsed buildings.”, a dispatch officer said.

 

“Damn it not now!”, Togo spat before responding, “What is his ETA to our location?”

 

“He will be arriving in about twenty minutes at his current rate of speed.”, the officer replied, “We attempted to stop him, but he ran right through us. Mt. Lady and Ryuko are both severely injured and many Heroes are MIA. Best Jeanist and Kamui Woods have him temporarily restrained, but they aren’t going to hold him for long.”

 

Knowing the sheer carnage that Gigantomachia could unleash, I knew he had to be taken down quickly. Looking at the officers, I told them I was going on ahead to provide support. Grabbing my shoulder before I could change into lightning, Togo and Nezu looked at me with concerned expressions.

 

“Gigantomachia isn’t your normal villain, he is All For One’s faithful servant that only follows his orders.”, Togo stated, “Last time he went on a rampage, he destroyed two small cities and killed thousands of people. All Might was barely able to fight him off going all out.”

 

“He’s right, we need to come up with a plan before rushing in there.”, Nezu added.

 

“I already have a plan, and I can take him out myself. If All For One has gone to this extent to destroy the evidence, he may come here while Gigantomachia distracts us. Get the Pros in the facility topside immediately and hunker down for a fight.”, I warned them.

 

Looking at me hesitantly, it wasn’t until Gran Torino spoke up that they let go.

 

“Trust the boy, and let him handle this. I have been watching him with Lightning Jack since they arrived here in Japan. Kessler has been putting the minimum amount of effort in combat, even against the Yakuza he was still holding back.”, he told them, “Instead of arguing with him over what he can and can’t do, just let him show us.”

 

Giving a nod to Gran Torino as the men let me go, I turned into lightning and shot into the air.

 

—3rd Person POV—

While the Heroes fought to keep Gigantomachia busy, schools and businesses in his path were being evacuated. Hurriedly getting her students out of the school building, Fuyumi motioned for the students to follow the Heroes and Police to the nearby shelter. Going room to room making sure kids weren’t being left behind, she and a few other teachers came out of the school to find that the streets were packed with terrified people running for their lives. Since the students were small in stature the adults weren’t paying attention to them, and almost trampled several of them.

 

“Get the student back!”, Fuyumi shouted at the staff.

 

Calling out to the cops for assistance, they ignored her as they were too overwhelmed trying to keep the line moving. Looking at their teachers with petrified expressions, the staff looked around for options to get their students out to safety. As they were trying to make a decision, Gigantomachia broke from Best Jeanist and Kamui Woods holds. Feeling the ground shake violently, the children started to panic and tried to look for any cover they could find. Trying to calm them down, Fuyumi noticed that Eri and Kota were trying to calm their classmates down.

 

“It’s going to be okay!”, Eri told them, “My…my dad is going to save us!”

 

“Kessler will come to save us!”, Kota said to them.

 

Looking at the two of them, Fuyumi wondered why they thought Kessler could fight Gigantomachia alone. She knew that he was certainly a strong hero, but she also had seen the results of Gigantomachia’s last two rampages and knew that All Might barely stop him last time. Returning her attention to the giant villain who was throwing Mt Lady through several apartment buildings, he was now only a few steps away from them.

 

‘Kessler if you are going to show up now is the time!’, she thought.

 

Seeing the hair on the children’s heads start to stand straight up, an unholy roar let out as the world around them turned white. Feeling a surge of air pressure hit them, Fuyumi grabbed her students thinking they were going to blow away.

 

“RWWWAHHH!!!”, everyone heard Gigantomachia screaming in pain.

 

“I am your opponent now Gigantomachia!!”, Kessler shouted dropping down straight onto Gigantomachia’s head with a massive bolt of lightning.

173