2. Does it work on PC too?
4.4k 18 143
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Have you ever witnessed a person being hit by every conceivable emotion? Do you know if that person still exists?

One feeling every emotion imaginable at once?

Well, if you haven't then the first candidate to ever cross that rope line was Robin. Robin was feeling a wide range of emotions in response to the M4 rifle that now lay on his desk that extended beyond its width.

The M4 was an icey grey colour, but it had been polished to a shine. In-game currency was used to modify this M4 that Robin owned. He cautiously reached out and touched M4's body to make sure it was real.

It-freaking-was!!

His first impression upon picking up the M4 was that it was a bit on the heavy side, a telltale sign that this particular M4 was a unique creation. He didn't know much about firearms because he was an Indian citizen, a country where guns weren't readily available to the general populace.

The M4 rifle's safety lock was the only item he was familiar with, having learned about it from a YouTube video. He checked the gun's safety lock and then looked it over carefully. He looked up online instructions for opening the magazine and gave them a shot.

Also, after inspecting the magazine, he was convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that this weapon was authentic. The ammunition were in plain view for him to grab.

Success had finally come his way.

But now Robin faced the real challenge. The rifle had to be disposed of. His bedroom was too small, and there was no hidden cabinet or closet where he could keep a weapon of that size. Quickly, he needed to discard of it.

The only option he had was to abandon the firearm in an area devoid of witnesses and surveillance equipment. Robin gave this a lot of thinking and settled on a certain location. There was another option of course and that was to put the gun back in game and he tried it, but failed instantly.

The grounds of his former university.

Because the campus gates were always open, he was able to take the family car and dispose of the weapon in an area with no inhabitants nearby . The campus of the institution was enormous, and there was virtually no one there in the late afternoon or early evening.

Unfortunately, he could only do it in the evenings. It was still daylight, so someone passing by might have seen him carrying a weapon. He had to keep the weapon out of sight till then. He then slid the rifle in at an angle into the compartment beneath the table.

'M4 can be taken care of later. Now that I have this authority, let's see what I can accomplish with it.'

By this time, Robin had collected himself and was contemplating his next move with the firearm. He then continued to see whether he could access any other storage. The menu always has an option to split and zoom in on individual game pieces.

He gave the scope a go, and as predicted, a single swipe gave him a 4x magnification. An optic that would fit on his new M4. That's something he'd never do, of course. Nothing fancy about the scope.

As he explored the game's options, he found another another feature that piqued his interest.

A car.

The Dacia 1300 was a vehicle from the 1990s.

Like a freight train, that idea slammed into Robin's brain. He was tempted to give it a go, but he held back out of fear. There would be utter chaos if he pulled the automobile into his bedroom.

It was too much of a gamble for him to make. Not in his room, at least not at the moment. However, if he were truly capable of doing so, he could make 'impossible' things a reality!

'Oh, so it's compatible with PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds? Is it possible for me to play some other games?'  A notion crossed Robin's mind. Sadly he didn't have another game on his mobile at this point. He checked out Google Play for games to see if there were any he could play.

He couldn't go for guns once more. Having to deal with just one M4 was already a burden, so he set out in search of a more straightforward game, which he discovered without much trouble.

Mobile UNO.

This game was harmless and got downloaded fast. He then started the first play after installing it, and everything was put out for him. To his delight and anticipation, the same thing happened as he inserted his fingers!

His hands reached through the pane of glass and he plucked out a deck of UNO cards at random. At this same moment, Robin wanted to laugh and jump for joy, but he restrained himself.

His newfound ability was a game-changer, and it would determine the course of his life from here on out.

His mind wandered to the possibility of trying something new as he examined the now-normal-sized deck of cards he had kept on the table. Would this work for desktop and console games if it did for mobile games?

With the idea blossoming in his mind, he quickly flipped open his laptop. Robin, in reality, was not a particularly avid gamer. He had never been much of a gamer, and the few he had played had always been on solo mode.

The lack of a modern gaming PC was a major factor in his withdrawal from the gaming community. His parents would rather spend their money on his education than on a gaming PC with all the bells and whistles.

Even though he had finally reached an age when he could afford a high-quality PC game, he found himself with neither the finances nor the time to play it. Thus, he learned what he knew about gaming through YouTube trailers and reviews. This was sad but it was the truth.

Skyrim, God of War, Counter-Strike, Mario, and others were among the games he played in his youth. Simply put, he loved playing those ancient games and played them anytime he could get his hands on them.

Furthermore, at the moment, he only had a single game installed on his computer. It was a bit dated by 2022 standards, but he still considered it his favourite game of all time. There were obviously more games out there than the one he had on his laptop at the time, but this was just his personal favourite.

The name of the game was The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

He got it the day it came out and played it nonstop for three days. He was so enamoured with it that he even played it while taking university semester exams. And right now, Robin opened that game. The loading screen appeared after about a minute.

Without wasting any time, he accessed the witcher Geralt's wares. Similar to Skyrim, it was a story-driven solo adventure. A witcher was mentioned in the game as a human with somewhat improved capabilities and a touch of magic in his arsenal. Geralt was essentially a hired gun who took jobs killing demons. monsters like ghouls and vampires

The plot centres on his efforts to locate and protect his adopted daughter from the villainous Wild Hunt, who was after her because of the unique skills she possessed. According to Robin, the game's story and mechanics were the greatest of any she'd played.

There were a tonne of stuff in his inventory because he had played the game so many times. A crossbow and other other craftable items were also there, along with armour, potions, glyphs that could be affixed to swords to increase their potency and even give them magical and elemental powers.

Taking a deep breath, Robin paused. A decisive moment has arrived. Mobile games were getting better and better as the industry matured, but they could never compare to the power of PC and console gaming.

In the same way that his power enabled mobile access, if it could do the same for him it would be a huge step forward.

With deliberate motions, he moved his fingertips to one of the glyphs in his stockpile. Without any resistance, his fingers pierced the thick glass of the laptop screen and he extracted a blue glyph of Aard.

It was over; he had succeeded. He's finally found peace!  It appeared that his abilities extended to all platforms, including PC games.

'OK!! It works on non-living items. What about Geralt? Does it have any chance of success there?'

He made an effort as his hands reached out to the standing Geralt. Unfortunately, his fingers appeared to go right through the figure.

'So no living characters. That's the preferable option. If I can bring a living character, it will be more of a headache than help.'

143