11. Persuade to get 50% discount
2.3k 16 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Robin didn't care to wrap the gift up and just put it in a small bag. She quickly opened the bag only to reveal a very beautiful white colored amulet. The amulet was pure white in color. The design was not like any normal chain design but a bendable single strand which wasn't made of normal steel or any other metal.

It was made of an enchanted metal from Skyrim and it looked very special. There was no fancy ornament attached to it. The only design that it had was its three pointed stars. The ornament looked like a snowflake but with a lesser design. 

"This is beautiful. I love it..." saying that Rita wore it around her neck. Robin was looking at the face of Rita closely, scrutinising if Rita could feel the change. Of course she didn't feel any change. It was not like her body knew magic or something to make her feel anything of that sort. 

"Glad you liked it, even if you hadn't I wouldn't have taken it back." Robin taunted. 

Rita just gave a small snort at him and didn’t reply to the joke as she was busy checking the amulet.

Robin had faith that the amulet would play its part. After all, his previous amulet was really powerful. Rita was checking herself out with the amulet while Robin just drove. The traffic wasn't so heavy on the main road so it took them half an hour to reach their destination. 

Robin had only come once to this restaurant before and he knew that this place was for the rich and bourgie class people and he definitely didn't belong to that class. Rita had come here multiple times due to the seminars and with her boyfriend who belonged to the class of the rich people.

He didn't envy her though, she was working almost 14 hours a day and that even included night shifts. He would rather choose his own lifestyle than live a life where he wouldn't even get time to enjoy their own hard earned money. 

After parking the car they entered through the glass door. The restaurant was quite a big one and was decorated quite heavily. The chandeliers, the table and everything seemed like they were made of top class materials. 

"Welcome sir and ma'am, how may I help you?" 

"I booked a table for two." It was Rita who spoke. Robin was hands off in this situation. It was her who brought him here, so it was her who would take the lead. He would just enjoy her money!!

"Name?" 

"Rita." 

"Ah yes.. Please follow me." 

Both Robin and Rita followed the man in black and white suit. They came to a corner which was beside the glass wall. Robin and Rita loved that they had been given a corner away from all the chirps and loud gossips of the people. Being a high end restaurant, it was rather quiet, but Robin who didn't like people in general was happy to have his own privacy. 

The menu was served and Robin almost fell seeing the price list. 

"You brought such a gift for me. You can order whatever you like." Rita said as she was still touching her amulet. She had a look of pride as she noticed that a man in the suit who led them had noticed her amulet. The amulet was really one of beauty.

"Are you sure?" 

"I will probably make you a beggar in one day." 

"You can try!" Rita said as she boasted of her wealth.

Robin knew that she was just joking with him but he didn't care at that moment. He too was hungry as he didn't have lunch. He ordered a kind of prawn as the main course followed by typical indian bread with desserts at the end. Surprisingly Rita too ordered the same thing. 

It was a surprise because her taste and his almost never matched and they oftentimes mocked each other over their tastes and choices. After ordering, Rita ranted about her life, her professors and all the shit was going through. 

All in all a typical talk from her that he had been listening to in the last few years. Doctors of India really lived a frustrating life!! Robin just listened to it and was keeping an eye if her amulet triggered anything from himself. 

But there was none.

Soon the food was served and they both dove in. Both were hungry and they both gobbled up the food like hungry wolves. They didn't even talk while eating. After almost 10 minutes of taking food they slowed down as they were on the finishing line.

Later, they were served desserts. Robin went for vanilla ice cream while Rita went for chocolate brownie. After all the food was eaten, it was time to pay. The waiter came and served the bill. This was where Robin's eyes went wide open. 

The bill was around 6k rupees which was roughly 65 dollars.

"Such a high price. You should give us a student discount of 50%." Rita said and she spoke those words with no actual intention and it was just her complaints about the high price. But what happened next was not something she expected. 

"Sure ma'am. Let me check it with the manager." 

That answer from the waiter was not something Rita or Robin was expecting. But then Robin remembered the persuasion power of the amulet and it worked. The waiter went back to change the bill.

"What the hell!! Will they really give me a discount just because I said so? Will the manager even agree?" Rita was confused by the waiter's answer. 

"Who knows? Maybe they have the power." Robin didn't care if they did come back with a discounted bill or not. All he cared about was how the amulet worked. 

But the waiter did return with a changed bill and it was only 30 dollars. Rita seemed really happy that the bill was reduced. Everyone would love to save some money, especially a woman. 

"I really got the discount!" 

"Maybe my amulet was lucky enough!!" Robin very vaguely hinted to it. 

"Tch!! Your amulet is just for show. How can it bring me luck?" 

After this small incident, they went for a drive around the city. Guawahti wasn't really a very big city but it has it's share of good hangout places. Both of them spent their time on the edge of Brahmaputra river (meaning son of Brahma, a Hindu God) and talked about life. 

Robin didn't mention anything close to how his life had changed and just mentioned normal things. His life wasn't interesting anyways so there was very less to talk about. Both of them returned after the sun had set. She had to go for her shift and he just wanted to go home and acquire more shouts. There were a couple of them and they could only be acquired by special quests. 

He needed to complete that. 

As he drove home Robin said 

"Gastly? Did you steal food from the restaurant?" 

"Gastly.. Gastly.." 

"Don't steal food Gastly, if you want to eat, you can always ask me. Is that fine?" 

Gastly nodded his head in understanding. Gastly had been living in the wild in the game and maybe the internal settings of the game were different so Gastly tended to be a little mischievous. But Robin didn't want his Pokemon to pick up bad habits. 

Stealing was a crime and he didn't want to endorse it in any way. Robin wasn't particularly angry with Gastly as his Pokemon was new and it would take time for it to settle and get accustomed to human standards. 

After returning home, he went straight to his laptop and again started his quest. Robin had forgotten how good this game was as he started enjoying the game. When Robin finished acquiring all the shouts it was already time for dinner. His mother had to shout to bring Robin to the dining table. 

When he sat to eat dinner, Robin had a peculiar smile on his face. He had finally acquired every dragon shout that was available. Now he had shouts to bring forth fire attack, frost attack, ice attack and other shouts that could easily make people tremble in fear if he just attacked once. 

Hell, there was even one shout to make people fell terror in front of him. The power of the shouts were really broken and very OP!!

After having his dinner he went straight to his bed to sleep to research more on games and find some that could satisfy him. There were few but he wasn't sure which one he would pick and which one would be better.

This would be a long search for Robin that might take days or even months. After almost 2 hours of online search he went to sleep. He was excited a little for tomorrow because tomorrow his console was supposed to arrive. It was arriving a little earlier than he thought as he tracked the delivery. 

With a happy mood he went to sleep. 

96