25. Fear for the future
2k 11 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sir, you can hire an intermediary business management company and make sure that the ideas we hatch will go through that company. The intermediary would give the ideas to the CEO of the company that we want to establish. There will be legal clauses in it and in this way we can make sure that the company secrets won't be leaked."

"Hmm.. Building small companies such as this will not actually lead us to the cross hairs of the multinationals. I am pretty sure that big corporations will bow their heads for us in the data compression technology and will hail us as their savior. What I fear is the medical industry and the propulsion industry. That is where we have chances of sabotage. More likely the medical industry which might target us the moment we come up with something that can cure everything." Robin replied.

He wasn't exactly concerned about the IT industry. Even if he released a good social media platform that can work much better than the current ones, people will only encourage him and move forward with it. What would really matter was when he would introduce the medical industry. That is where the attacks might arrive.

His potions might just kill every medical industry right now in the world and even hamper the earnings of doctors. Imagine a potion that could heal anything. Starting from cancer to small scratches. There were many games which would allow Ken to bring out potions in large quantities.

This was where Robin was concerned about and the reason behind his anonymity. If he showed his face there were high chances something might leak. Though it was 99% sure that he would be safe if he showed his face for the establishment of any industry concerned to IT but it might change once he establishes other kinds of industries in the future.

There was one weird theory in Robin's head about it. He was sure that he would be treated like a God once he establishes strong facilities in the IT industry but in the future when other industries will be established it might be the case that many countries and companies might hunt for the person responsible for such drastic changes.

Now he might be in danger along with many other pioneers who had brought huge changes in the world. For example Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos...etc. He would be counted among these people and might be under scrutiny. He would hate to see his life go under the lens of the FBI or InterPol.

Another reason why he didn't want his name was the freedom which he would get. All the billionaires who had made huge money by establishing core industries had their personal life under the eyes of paparazzi.

He didn't want that life, nor did he want any random keyboard warrior to come after him on Twitter or Instagram of how he was an evil capitalist, how he was exploiting people, blah blah... He didn't want any of that. He loved his privacy and the fact that he could live his life like any other person.

Only company that Robin was ready to have his name attached to would be the holding company. This company would be made solely for the reason to show his parents that he was happy and working fine if they ever asked. The holding would be a facade for the life of Robin.

"JARVIS, make sure that even not every stock we have in major companies we have in the future don't come through Dark Star. Even in companies that we establish and have the sole rights to, please make sure that Dark Star isn't the only name and also make sure that the stocks bought from companies and trusts that are established in different countries."

"It's already been calculated sir. There will be different trust funds and accounts from which the money to buy the stock will come from and these will be spread all over the world. You don't have to worry sir."

Robin just smiled and didn't say anymore. He had a feeling that JARVIS had already calculated these things. He didn't know much about economics and the whole stock market industry but what he did know was that it could be manipulated. Having JARVIS look after things would allow him to be away from all the laws and bindings that might stop him.

While all these thoughts were going through the mind of Robin, 2B was already done with the shopping spree and she had changed into a completely new set of clothes. A proper fitting shirt with jeans. The boots remained.

She looked different but the thing that remained was her beauty. Robin was still getting accustomed to her beauty. 2B had also bought a bunch of clothes, almost piling up into a small hill.

"Do you want more?" Robin asked as he felt that she might need more as women tend to have a bigger wardrobe.

"No, for now this is enough." 2B refused.

"Let's pay the bill." Robin said as he proceeded to the counter to pay for the clothes. The assistant salesman took Robin and let him swipe the card. It was quite a costly one and Robin was sure the price he paid was greater than his previous month's salary.

After buying the clothes, they proceeded to buy some groceries, vegetables and other things that were required for the home. This time people didn't ogle 2B as she had changed her clothes though she did get occasional head turns.

After being done with everything, they returned to the parking slot, only to see some guys taking pictures of the car. Robin just shook his head and opened the door slowly while politely asking the people to let the car go.

"Excuse me sir, is this car custom made?" One of the men who was quite young and was taking pictures asked.

"Yes, I custom made the car." Robin replied.

"Oh. I just think that this car is eerily similar to one of the cars I have seen in games. Same tinted glasses and even the same design."

"You mean Caliburn from Cyberpunk 2077. Yes, this car is based on that model."

"That's right.. That's right.. I was thinking before as I might have seen the car somewhere. Now I remember where I have seen this. You have done a wonderful job."

"Thank you."

Robin said as he slowly closed the door. The people around also backed off and he drove away.

"The car is so beautiful."

"Did you see the white haired girl? She is also a beauty."

"Girl? I didn't notice. Shit."

"Hahaha... That's why I say, pay attention to the things around you."

After reaching home 2B went to organize the things that had been bought. Since Robin had brought her to help him, it was essential for her to help Robin. JARVIS was responsible for directing her while Robin just went and laid on his bed.

"JARVIS, when do I have to go to sign for the new company."

"Sir, for making a holding company, I have already booked an appointment with InterCompany Solutions which is a kind of business management company that helps in creation of business, accounting and other closely knit services."

"Okay."

"Sir, I would also advise for making a bank account for Miss 2B here as she might have to be the witness and if possible someone that could give her a management role in the company."

"Okay, do whatever is necessary. By this week I want the data compression company to be established." Robin said.

"Surely sir."

Robin didn't have much to do for the day anyway and then proceeded to have a walk around the large land he had. This estate was too big for him to conquer in one single day. Even 2B joined in this and they spoke of different topics.

"How do you like humans?"

"They seem too enthusiastic for my taste. I love the tranquillity more."

"It's because you wore that battle dress. It won't be the same if you wear normal clothes." 2B just nodded her head. Haunter who had been in the shadow also came out and started playing around with both of them.

It was a playful pokemon after all it needed its 'exercise'.

After some great time outdoors and even having lunch outside they came back to their rooms. 2B was given a separate room of course. After talking with his parents for a bit who were concerned for him Robin went to sleep.

Thursday, 24th November

This was another lazy day for him and the only productive thing that came out for the day was a bank employee coming to their place to open a new and exclusive account. One of the main conditions required to open a holding company in the Netherlands was having an account in a local bank. Robin didn't have one here but 2B could definitely have one here.

It was here that 2B received an official name.

Konan. She was named after a member of Akatsuki.

83