56. Rich people are supposed to have hobbies
1.1k 7 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"JARVIS, did you book the flight?"

"Yes sir, you have bought a private plane which is under the name of your company and will take you to your home city."

There were still a few days left for the engagement. Engagement in some Asian countries like India happened in a totally different manner as compared to the Western countries. In western countries, one needs to go down on their knees for their partner and propose.

It's normally a very private ceremony and occasionally there would be few members of the family nearby to witness the situation. But here, it was a totally different ritual. Many times one of the partners randomly asks for marriage and if the other partner accepts, they proceed to tell their immediate family members.

Then the two families come together in a special ceremony, and the two partners put the wedding ring on each other. Of course, there were differences in this ritual too depending upon the culture but the theme was almost the same. What Rita meant by getting engaged was that the family would be present for this small ceremony before the official wedding that would take place in a few months.

"Are you going away?" Myrene seemed a little bit sad that Robin was leaving. Robin thought about this a lot. He would love to bring Myrene and Sigret with him but in the end he decided against it. If he brought anyone back it would raise eyebrows and especially his parents would think he was in love with the girl that their son brought.

At the end of the day, both of the women were androids and this was real life. He couldn't be with them nor can he love them, at best they would be his eye candies since they were super beautiful and he would have to find someone real rather than artificial if he ever fell in love again.

His last relationship was the most toxic thing that could ever happen to anyone. He had a girlfriend when he was on the verge of joining the university. He and his ex-gf both joined the same university and the same class. Before they joined everything was fine and they were in love with each other.

You see, before joining the university, she didn't have much self esteem though she was above average looking. She felt lucky to have Robin in his life. But after joining the university she started receiving attention that she never received before in her life from boys all over the campus. And this changed her.

She became toxic and soon got involved with a guy. And Robin who was foolishly and stupidly in love with her ignored every red flag possible. For 4 years he suffered, went into depression and anxiety, but even then he didn't let her go.

Thankfully, at the end of his studies, she voluntarily stopped talking with him, and this was probably the best thing that had happened to him. Though he would have loved to know where everything went wrong, he accepted it and moved on.

It took him time no doubt, but he was okay after a month or so. And Robin didn't think he was ready for any kind of emotional attachment to anyone at this moment. It was for this reason, he was kind of bland with Myrene and Sigret and never even tried to flirt with them.

"Sorry Myrene. Maybe next time I will bring you. Not this time."

Myrene just nodded her head. The last few months had been so heavenly for her. She was going around seeing both the good and the ugly part of humanity, but she understood one crucial thing as Robin had tried to explain to her.

'If a civilization doesn't even have to struggle and there is everything for free, then that civilization was doomed to fall. And the struggle was what made humanity so beautiful and so downright ugly at the same time.'

Though she didn't have much emotions with her, she could vaguely understand what Robin meant. Whereas Sigret didn't care about any of it and just continued working on her lab or going to meetings after disguising herself.

This had been the routine of Sigret for sometime now and it was fortunate that she was an android, or else it would have been difficult for her. Robin had already packed his bags and loaded them up on Cayenne. He had brought a shit load of things to give to his family.

Actually he didn't even inform his parents of his arrival and just wanted to surprise them. Myrene drove the car to the airport to see him off while Sigret was apparently busy in DPRK, attending a meeting. He didn't really mind as he could contact them whenever he wanted.

After reaching the airport and bidding his official bye to her, he proceeded to go to the VIP lounge. The air hostesses were apparently waiting for him there.

"Mr. Kashyap?"

"Yes."

"Hello, I am Emily."

"Hi, I am Cassandra."

"Please follow me if you are ready to fly with us. We will be your air hostesses from now in your personal jet."

"Yes. Thanks for joining the company."

"The pleasure is all ours sir."

The two women were more than happy to cater to a wealthy being instead of suffering in the airlines boarded by the common people. Out of nowhere two offer letters had arrived at their emails asking if they would like to be personal air hostesses. At first they thought it was a scam but after research and even talking with the manager of the company, they realized that it was real.

The next day they resigned from their airline job and came to live in the Netherlands with a home, car and every amenity possible with a fat paycheck.

JARVIS had hired full time air-hostesses for his personal jet and Robin wasn't complaining at all. Even after being an AI which was unable to describe a beauty like the humans, JARVIS chose two beautiful air-hostesses.

The plane which JARVIS chose for Robin was Bombardier Global 8000. It was one of the exclusive jets for the wealthy and it could be used for long distance flights too. This jet had three private customizable suites with uninterrupted connectivity, ensuring that not a minute of vital working time was lost when travelling across the world.

Robin just followed the women and boarded the jet.

"Anything you want to drink or eat Mr. Kashyap?"

"No. I am fine."

The air hostess smiled and backed away. From the initial appearance it seemed like the owner of the jet was silent which was all the more better for them. The plane soon took off from the runway.

Since he was in the air, he felt bored for a bit and opened his mobile to see if there was anything interesting. It was in the discord app he saw that Cathrin was asking if someone wanted to play some racing co-op games with her. He was bored anyways so he just replied yes. The plane had all the connections for a high speed internet so it was fine by him even if he played it on air. JARVIS was there to sync the servers for him.

".. I am open to play. Which game is it?.."

".. Forza Horizon 4.."

".. OKay..."

Soon Robin got connected with the game and even connected via call on discord which Robin connected with his headphone.

"Hey, where have you been these days? You almost evaporated into nothingness." This was the first time Robin and Cathrin were talking privately. Recently due to the food problem in North Korea he didn't have time to play so he didn't join in playing COD with the team.

"Got stuck at work. Is everything okay with the COD leveling up?"

"It hasn't been the same since you don't play. Don't bury yourself into work too much and help us."

"Huh.. Hahahaha, You play fine. I am not as pro as you think."

"I try but I can't be as good as you. My viewers think the same."

"It's fine. You are streaming right now?"

"No, today is off for me and sometimes I just like playing by myself with friends or alone."

"Oh! So you love games."

"Yes. Piano and games are my life."

"That's cool. I don't have any such hobbies."

"You don't have a hobby. You are wealthy and don't have a hobby? I thought all the rich people had hobbies."

"Maybe reading could be considered. And I am not as wealthy as you think." Robin tried to be humble. Though he was wealthy now, he never thought of himself like that. The money came because he had powers, not that he earned it by hard work. But then again, luck was important too in becoming a multi millionaire.

After loading the game, they both got busy racing and both had quite a bit of fun together while talking randomly where she was the one who spoke more about her life.

Announcement
Read 14 chapters ahead on my patreon
49