Table of Contents
1.3k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Secret Trans Writing Lair presents: MerMay

A Transfic and Queerlit Summer Anthology

Note: All stories that will appear in this anthology are already released in an itch.io bundle for only 1$ per story! If you'd like to support the authors, download the books for your ereader of choice, or just can't wait for the entire anthology to be released, then please check out the sale!

Otherwise, give this anthology a follow, and over the next five months the following stories will be released:

Table of Contents

Skin Deep Cover

Skin Deep

By Zoe Storm

Two young kids from entirely different worlds meet, leading a good friendship and to major changes for one of them.

 

Sharkd

Shark'd

by Flitterpuff and Mad Maxine

The arrival of Vertex Events along with the horrors therein have changed the world, granting fantastic powers and sparking conflict. This isn’t a grand narrative of heroes or villains. It's merely a small footnote—a story of one woman’s self-discovery and acceptance. 

Dragged out to a nighttime beach party by his ever-upbeat roommate, the once-normal Victor experiences quite the shift…

 

The Monster of Anders Island

The Monster of Anders Island

By Quill Rabbit

Martin desperately wants to live as a woman, but his oppressive community ostracizes him for being "gay." He seeks help from Doctor Schuyler, a local scientist studying human transmutation, but the serum she devises seems to have some unusual side effects because of the fish DNA involved. Does Martin trust the good doctor or turn down the only treatment that will give him a chance at happiness?

 

Shark Genderfluid

Can a Shark Swim in Gender Fluid?

By Beedok

In the distant future, nanotech allows for rather more interesting medical transitions than we have today. Maraĵa's not only helped with her gender dysphoria, but also having turned her into a shark girl, as part of a deal with the resort she works for.

Her simple and nerdy life is turned sideways when the resort becomes the home of a politician in exile. Not from the politician, but from one of his tall and muscular bodyguards that gets poor Maraĵa's lesbian heart a fluttering.

Only there's more to the bodyguard than there seems at first.

 

Lost And Found

Lost and Found

By Lady Violu

Having just graduated high school, Patrick and his friends go on a camping trip to celebrate but something isn't quite right in these woods and some of his friends begin to go missing.

 

Carpet Bound

Carpet-Bound

by Trismegistus Shandy

A trans woman whose friend left to join the mermaids two years ago returns and reconnects.  She's forsaken the sea and wants to live on land again, despite her disability in that environment.  But both she and her friends on land have changed.

 

Sirens Cove

Siren's Cove

by Cassie Sandwich

The island of Siren's Cove: legend says that if you can pay your dues, you will be granted anything your heart will desire. Twin narratives from the island; Mortimer, a man who has recently accent to to the top of his family's company, celebrates on the beach while silently longing for something else in life. Five years later, his brother Edgar returns to the island looking for his own salvation. Ask for what you will, but be sure you can pay it; or the island will take what it wants from you...

 

Clear Blue

Clear Blue

by Elamimax

A depressed youngster is isekai'd into a painting where they learn the wonders of anarcho-communism and being transgender. This is sort of a love letter to anyone who is trying to fall in love with life again, in a painfully honest and genuine kind of way.

STWL Bundle Team credits:

Organized by Cassie Sandwich

MerMay cover artwork by Quill Rabbit

Assistance and Support from Trismegistus Shandy, Quill Rabbit, and DarkSun Morrigan

20