Corrupted Attributes, Origins, Types and Number Designations
626 8 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

tvxDCv3.png

Attributes, or otherwise known as their broader term – Affinities – identify how a Corrupted will behave, what it’s inclined to like and dislike. They allow us to categorize Corrupted broadly into 11 distinct archetypes, although, it is important to note that two Corrupted of the same Attribute will never behave the same.

It simply allows us to distinguish and categorize the Corrupted.

5fRm40r.png

Ri – Righteousness

5YW38jd.png

Follows concepts of justice, retribution, fairness, one’s moral compass, etc.

5fRm40r.png

Re – Religion

GJiF208.png

Corrupted that manifest, endorse, embrace, or reject ideals. Corrupted of this Attribute tend to be vastly powerful.

5fRm40r.png

M – Meaning

HbfFGor.png

Purpose. Machines tend to fall into this category, yearning for a purpose or ambition. Entities may also attempt to persuade others to join its nonsensical cause, beg for orders, or follow a set schedule like a broken marionette.

5fRm40r.png

V – Vigor

SnUDsfw.png

Physical Corrupted. Vigor Corrupted are deadly, and are usually armed or possess teeth, claws, and other offensive organs. They may also take the form of things that are less dangerous, like plush toys that are remarkably safe.

5fRm40r.png

T – Trepidation

0cJEYOm.png

Corrupted that either instil fear or they themselves are afraid. They are less physical but have amongst the highest rates of causing mental breakdowns due to their nature. Phobias, nightmares, fears, and terrors will often be the basis of their existence.

5fRm40r.png

O – Obsession

YoDoNJ8.png

Those that are eternally fixated on an object, person, concept, or place. Corrupted usually take the form of items that evoke a twisted sense of nostalgia.

5fRm40r.png

Ig – Ignorance

vbJjvlC.png

Happy, hopeful – the Corrupted that exude happiness whether true or false, and may offer their ‘happiness’ to others, often in a fatal manner. Ignorance is bliss, after all.

5fRm40r.png

N – Nihilism

T2IZj5g.png

One of the most dangerous Attribute types. Corrupted are known to either to express despair or to cause others to fall into senseless, irreversible self-destruction. Origins and stories revolving around the Corrupted have also been known to cause researchers to break down.

5fRm40r.png

S – Sorrow

idlsYfy.png

Of lament. Corrupted usually take the form of living allegories of sorrow, and metaphors of events that may have transpired that caused them to emerge.

5fRm40r.png

A – Aspiration

64eLoEE.png

Those who strive, believe, and endlessly yearn for things that may never make sense to us. Corrupted of this nature are the most 'lifelike', and can be easy to mistake for a normal, living being.

5fRm40r.png

Id – Identity

Wtqi25e.png

Corrupted whom challenges one’s identity and sense of self. Not much else is known about this Attribute. However, some light has been shed by the Archetype of Amalgamation; the Amalgam. It is likely that Identity Corrupted are manifestations of a fragment of the Amalgam.

More information is required.

5fRm40r.png

NHGURrx.png

The ‘where’ in the question of a Corrupted’s creation. Origins determine whether a Corrupted was created by an immense lapse of insanity, or by the collective woes of countless millions.

It can be summarized by the ATFOOD acronym.

5fRm40r.png

Archetype

  • Each Archetype represents an Affinity/Attribute. 11 likely exist.
  • Whilst technically Corrupted, they govern many aspects of the Nexus and the Advents of the world, and consequently, have major sway in the politics of the Ateliers.

5fRm40r.png

Trauma

  • Born from extreme psychological or physical distress, usually in the form of total despair, anguish, euphoria, rage, or sorrow.

5fRm40r.png

Folklore

  • Born from stories, books, fairytales, folklores, bedtime stories, etc. They usually manifest as a dangerous twist of the story they originate from.

5fRm40r.png

Original

  • Corrupted that have gained control over their existence. Whilst still a Corrupted, they can operate and think like a normal, living being, requiring sustenance, rest and gaining the capacity to contemplate their existence. Essentially, they are self-aware Corrupted.

5fRm40r.png

Object

  • Items with anomalous properties. They are rarely documented as they are frequently used as weapons or trinkets to be used in battle, or by the top brass. Those carrying significant risks or have significant intrigue are documented within the Codex.
  • Corrupted Objects are usually referred to as Corrupted Items and are commonly formed upon the death/subjugation of a Corrupted.
  • They can also be gained by forming a bond with a Corrupted.
  • Not all Corrupted Items come from Corrupted, hence why the Object Origin exists.

5fRm40r.png

Disorder

  • Born from a population’s collective thought, nightmare, or trauma. Corrupted of this Origin are almost guaranteed to be of Eternal Night or stronger.

5fRm40r.png

kmkySsb.png

Simply a number ranging between 0-999 is given to the Corrupted. This number alongside the type will be commonly used to reference a given Corrupted.

5fRm40r.png

1pnYpQ6.png

OnaDL0R.png

5fRm40r.png

xjVX8Wv.png

Refers to additional components/products of a given Corrupted, denoted at the tail end of the code as (01), (02), etc.

5fRm40r.png

bweqZiM.png


weSkjsk.pnga6V0aYw.pngS8uX05M.pngvA693tv.pngj2Y9yS2.png

17