O-Ri-T-09-02 “Listening Bird”
243 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

DSAKAqX.png

O-Ri-T-09-02

“Listening Bird”

Main Sequence Corrupted

NM0yBC7.png

“They were happy being deaf to the suffering.”

JqLBHej.png

Risk Classification

DgykYOr.png

JqLBHej.png

Affinity: Judgement

oYl2VW3.png

JqLBHej.png

Attribute: Righteousness

5YW38jd.png

JqLBHej.png

Origin: Trauma     Status: Archived

JqLBHej.pngDSAKAqX.pngJqLBHej.png

Description: 09-02 resembles a 2-meter bipedal bird of the Strigiformes group, specifically the Tytonidae (heart-shaped faced-owls). 09-02 possesses an abnormally large mouth in the place of where its beak should be and is in a perpetual state of laughter.

Entity’s feathers are a homogenous grey and is usually found smothered in crimson fluids (blood). These fluids are found most prominently near its mouth and gushes from its ears in a constant stream, where the fluids are then transformed into the written sins of those it persecutes.

The crimson text that dribbles from its body inaccurately accuses its prey of the sins they bear. It mostly a cosmetic characteristic and no anomalous property has been associated with the text.

JqLBHej.png

Description Continued: 09-02 has the ability to convert living beings (sapient) into mindlessly screaming monsters designated as 09-02-01 and has also shown an ability that allows for the creation of tablets (containing the written sin seen on its feathers) from seemingly nothing.

  • 09-02-01 Unlying Tablet: The source of 09-02’s ability to transform sapient species into the Screaming Gallery; an abomination of life that serve to scream to drown out the world. The Unlying Tablets are born when blood from 09-02 make contact with the ground, causing approximately 3-meter-tall stone tablets etched with red text. The tablet itself hums in the choir of countless unintelligible confessions, causing the most silent sapient being to undergo the brutal transformation of becoming a Screaming Gallery.

JqLBHej.png

  • 09-02-02 Screaming Gallery: Sapient species that have succumbed to 09-02’s accusation. Beings are rendered down until their skin peels and their muscles and organs are left exposed to the elements, most prominently their apple-shaped heart. Their eyes are gouged out as blood pours from every orifice. Their mouths are curved into permanent, cruel smiles as all semblance of self is lost. Victims are destined to scream until the duration of their unnatural lifespan (until 09-02 perishes or they are killed) in an attempt to drown out the screams of 09-02’s victims.

JqLBHej.png

Managemental Procedures/Protocols: 09-02 does not possess any protocols as it is contained within the Floor of Judgement. It is now under the direct care of the Arbiter, previously being in the possession of the Amalgam.

JqLBHej.png

Story/Origin: Chapter of the Book: The Price of Paradise.

Its origins are highly tied to the widescale persecution of the masses conducted by the King of Puritas during his reign. The reason is linked to the Apple that was consumed within his sacred garden, and as a result, innocent people numbering in the countless tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands were blamed for the sin of one.

It is speculated that the Listening Bird is the physical manifestation of members of the 9th Order who were largely responsible for the village-to-village persecutions along Grandis. The Unlying Tablet represents the scroll containing the list of names and the sins committed by those written on it, all by the order of the King.

JqLBHej.png

Records/Reports:

The Roaming Circus [Unknown – 355 PA]

It is not known for how long 09-02 has roamed Grandis for. What is certain that it must have begun sometime during or after the mass accusations and related executions. While the rivers ran red, the corpses of those to be executed marched with a twisted owl.

It visited towns and villages, claiming a death toll well over several tens of thousands alone and is one of the entities responsible for the lack of sapient life across Grandi’s expanse. The ‘Roming Circus’ was coined following an attack at a major walled settlement that had successfully defended the attack. Witnesses described their enemies as a cacophonous choir of screams that echoed one of the worst events in recorded history.

09-02’s laughter went on for exactly 12 hours before it surrendered the attack, leaving alone to the next settlement. 01 and 02 were left to riddle the several acres of land surrounding the settlement, leaving it near inhospitable and requiring some aid from existing Syndicates.

67% of all residents within the unnamed settlement (as most settlements in the current climate of Grandis have long lost their name) were converted into Screaming Galleries. The fate of the settlement itself a year later is nothing but a shadow of its former self, as with everything that exists in Grandis before they are claimed by the laughing, screaming band 09-02’s obsession.

JqLBHej.png

Inevitable Justice [355 PA]

09-02 met its end by the hands of the Head herself during her travels through Grandis. The report of this incident has not been officially given by the Head, but witnesses affiliated with Act X have noted that the Head prioritized their lives above all else. It was the only piece of information our anonymous informant was willing to give.

JqLBHej.pngXMt2WDC.png

Filtered and controlled information. You are already aware that this is not the truth of it, dear Overseer/Navigator.

 

It is for your own sake that you remain incapable of fathoming the Head.

 

Enoch, The Artificer of Rupturing (T-4 Artificer, Clearance Level 0).

XMt2WDC.pngJqLBHej.pngDSAKAqX.png


weSkjsk.pnga6V0aYw.pngS8uX05M.pngvA693tv.pngj2Y9yS2.png

 

6