Prologue (His Past) – 7. The Hunting Ground
2.3k 3 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rose walking along tall and dense trees trying to find a way out. The forest's condition was dark, made her difficult to see which direction she was walking.

"Tonight is truly extraordinary! After I struggled to escape from that annoying party, now I was lost in the forest. Is there anything worse than this?"

Suddenly, a scary howl accompanied by footsteps clattering came. In an instant she was surrounded by a group of Shadow Wolf.

"Shadow Wolf? What are they doing in the middle of the city? Is Asteria's security really that bad? And they are this peace alliance leader? What a joke!"

The monster growled, showing their sharp teeth and began to approach her. She retreated slowly until her back hit a large tree.

" Well...this is definitely worse than before. "

Suddenly one of them jumped to attack, she pulled out Nightkiss, her beloved whip that tucked inside her dress and slash it towards them. In an instant the monster was thrown along accompanied by groan of pain and didn't move again after a foam flow out from its mouth due to the poison in her whip. 

She attacked again with her whip, killing several of them, while the rest fled in terror.

She breathed sigh of relief. Luckily, even though she is a princess she can fight well. Rebellion often occurred in her kingdom and she is the only heir of her family. So rather than remain as a weak princess, she decided to start taking her family responsibility as the Kingdom of Zephyrus' protector. 

She continued to walk, hoping to find a way out soon, but a few minutes later a big monster came to her. This time it was shaped like a bear, but three times bigger than original one, on its back there were sharp spikes that were half meter long, its sharp fingernails gripped the ground.

"What kind of monster is this? I've never seen it before."

Without wasting time, she's attacks it with her whip. But it seems her attack didn't affect him.

"Why my poison can't paralyze him?"

The monster roared angrily and attacked her with its claws. She dodged while keep attacking him with her whip, but in vain. The monster shot its spikes towards her. She wasn't ready for this, she could only close her eyes, waiting for the spikes to penetrate her body.

But the spikes never reached her, instead she could heard swords clashing sound.

-Ttrak, ttrak, ttrak--ttrak, ttrak

She opened her eyes slowly and could see the spikes that the monster had thrown to her had broken scattered on the ground. In front of her, a man holding a sword stood before her. That man has dark hair and wears white blazer.

"He broke all these spikes in an instant? How come?"

*

*

*

Angel continued to follow her footsteps. Suddenly, he heard a howl accompanied by sound of crash. He ran towards the origin of the sound as fast as he could and found several Shadow Wolf lying dead.

He approached them to examine it.
"They all died with only one scratch and mouth full of foam. Is she a poison master?"

Soon, he heard another roar, he ran following the origin of the sound and could see the girl is fighting with a Fiend Bear from a distance.

The monster shot its spikes to her, he immediately jumped in front of her and broke all the spikes before reaching her. He glanced at her a moment to made sure she was fine, before he turned his attention back to the monster in front of him.
"This monster is too dangerous, I have to take her out of here."

He noticed a large tree to the right of that monster.
"I have no choice but to try it."

He moved forward as fast as he could, the monster swung its claws towards him. Before its claws reached him, he jumped out of the way, making the trunk of that tree as foothold to jump higher while swinging his sword.

Groans of pain echoed throughout the forest, his attack had succeeded injuring the monster's eyes.

Without wasting time, Angel grabbed the girl's hand and took her away.

They ran through the trees as fast as they could, but strangely the roar behind them kept getting closer.

"That monster is too fast, he will overtake us! " she said in panic.

He stopped his steps when he saw a sizeable hole under the tree.
"Hide here."

She quickly got inside the hole while he swung his sword up to the tree before jumping in. Soon several branches fell, covered their hiding place.

Glossary 

Shadow Wolf was a monster that resembling black furry wolf. Its bite can cause its victims gone insane, usually attacking in groups.

Fiend Bear was one of dreaded monsters, shaped like a bear, but three times bigger than original bear. Its skin is hard and thick like a rhino, its claws are very long and sharp and his deadly weapon is the spikes that reach half a meter long on his back. The spikes contain poison which can paralyze it victims in an instant. Even though its body is big, it speed equivalent to a cheetah.

50