Ch: 7 [The Crime Alley]
3.7k 21 152
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: Some might not like the outcome, but I had to do it to make a time skip since its related to a plot point of flashpoint paradox. Read the first volume to get the full picture. I have left hints throughout the vol-1.

----

The Wayne family arrived at the theater, the anticipation of a night of entertainment filling the air. Bruce couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and nervousness as he watched his parents chatting and laughing. This was the night he had been preparing for, the night Joe Chill would make his move.

As they entered the theater, he couldn't shake the feeling of unease. He knew that lurking in the shadows, Joe Chill was waiting for the right moment to strike.

Inside the theater, the Wayne family settled into their seats, and the lights dimmed as the movie began. Bruce tried to focus on the film, but his senses were on high alert. He couldn't afford to let his guard down, not tonight. His parents were wearing the bulletproof vest and were behaving normally to prevent any suspicions.

As the movie played on the big screen, his attention drifted between the film and the theater's exit. He knew that the alley behind the theater was where the attack would happen.

Suddenly, he heard the sound of voices nearby. He peered into the darkness and saw a group of men quietly making their way towards the exit. He couldn't make out their features, but something told him they were up to no good.

Thomas and Martha gave the movie their full attention, while Bruce had no choice but to sit there feeling nervous. He clenched his fists, trying not to let his anxiety get the better of him. He knew that the next few minutes would determine the outcome of the night. Even though he is a reincarnation with two life experiences behind him, it is hard to overcome one's emotions. A slight mistake could cost him everything.

Soon, the movie was over and the Waynes got up from their seats, following the flow of people exiting the theater. As they reached the exit, Bruce felt a sense of dread come over him. Something felt off. He wasn't sure what it was, but something about the atmosphere felt wrong. A feeling deep in his gut told him that something was about to happen.

They continued to walk. Thoman's right hand was in his coat, grabbing the Colt M1902 in his pocket. In his left, Thomas held Martha's wrist. While Bruce was walking beside his mother, clenching his left fist, ready to shoot his wristwatch gun, his right hand was in his pocket, holding the small stun grenade.

They were now walking past the empty alley. Just when they were halfway in, they noticed a man walking toward them. He is wearing a beanie cap and a trench coat with his hands hidden in his pockets. Even in the dim light, one could notice his calmness in the situation. The man's presence was a stark contrast to the palpable tension in the air.

As he walked closer, he revealed a handgun from his coat. Bruce had seen the gun plenty of times when practicing the proper stance for shooting and recognized it.

'Joe Chill,' Bruce instantly knew. He thought about killing the man in one shot. But, he needs him alive to get to the main trigger. Only a few meters, he was completely in his scope. Just a pull of a trigger and the paralysis round would come out...

Joe Chill raised his gun, "Nothing personal, Mr. Wayne, just business," he announced with an expressionless tone.

[Click!] Bruce pointed his fist and pressed the trigger mechanism.

The metallic projectile raced forward, slamming into the shooter's shoulder and burying itself deep into his skin. Joe never saw it coming, and the force of the impact caused him to stumble backward, dropping the gun in the process. Before he could recover, Thomas rushed in, kicking the gun away, and pressed his gun on his forehead.

"Stay on the ground, Chill!" He shouted with cold eyes, his finger curling on the trigger.

"Damn you, Wayne!" Chill cursed as he looked up at the older Wayne, "You think you won? Huh?" He smirked.

"Pretty much, yeah," Thomas replied as he saw Gordon and his team rushing into the alley.

[Bang!] The sound of a gunshot echoed in the alley. It came from behind. Soon followed by two more gunshots.

"Fuck!" Bruce felt a warm liquid on his neck as blood oozed out of the bullet wound on his neck. He felt as if a truck hit him from behind as the bullets struck his bulletproof vest, stunning his body and breaking his ribs. He grabbed his neck to stop the bleeding.

The pain was almost unbearable. His vision began to blur, but he fought through it, adrenaline coursing through his veins. He took his right hand out of his pocket and threw the stun grenade behind him before falling on the concrete road.

He heard a couple of more gunshots after the stun grenade's explosion. Probably from Gordon and the other officers or maybe his father shot the attackers.

'Atleast, I didn't fail...' Bruce blacked out, unable to stay conscious any longer.

[10 years later]

Martha entered Bruce's room with a heavy heart. It had been ten long years since that fateful night when they had narrowly escaped an attempt on their lives. Bruce had been in a coma ever since, his life hanging in the balance.

The room was bathed in soft, warm light, casting a gentle glow on the still figure lying in the bed. Bruce's once-boyish face had matured into that of a young man, but his expression remained frozen in time. His body had grown, but he showed no signs of waking from his deep slumber.

Martha sat down beside her son and took his hand in her own. She had spent countless hours by his bedside, praying for his recovery. She knew that the odds were stacked against them, but she couldn't give up hope.

"Bruce," she whispered, her voice trembling with emotion. "It's been so long, my dear. I miss you so much. I miss your smile, your laughter, your presence. I just want you to wake up." Tears streamed down her face as she spoke, her heart aching with every word.

She gently stroked Bruce's cheek, hoping to elicit some kind of response. But, nothing happened. The room remained silent, save for the steady beeping of the machines monitoring Bruce's vital signs. Martha buried her face in Bruce's chest, sobbing uncontrollably.

"Please, Bruce. Come back to me..." She pleaded, clutching onto her son tightly.

Outside the room, Thomas stood silently, his back on the door. He could hear Martha's anguished cries, and it broke his heart. He wanted nothing more than to comfort his wife, but he knew that only Bruce could bring her peace.

"Come back to us, son," He started to walk toward his study, leaving Martha alone with her grief.

Alfred was waiting for him outside the study room. Seeing his master's forlorn expression, he wanted to say something, but he couldn't find the words. Instead, Alfred silently followed Thomas inside.

'I miss you, Master Bruce. Please, come back soon,' He thought as he closed the study door.

Back in Bruce's room, Martha lifted her head from his chest, her tear-stained cheeks glistening in the soft light. She gazed lovingly at her son's serene face, committing every detail to memory.

"I love you, Bruce. Always remember that," She gently kissed Bruce's forehead before standing up to leave.

[Bruce's mind]

Bruce opened his eyes, finding himself surrounded by complete darkness. He tried to move, but his body refused to respond. Panic gripped his heart as he realized he was trapped.

Suddenly, a familiar voice broke through the silence, "Bruce..."

He turned his head toward the source of the voice. A faint light appeared in the distance, illuminating the figure of Martha Wayne. She smiled warmly at her son, her eyes filled with love and concern.

He tried to speak, but no words came out. Martha seemed to understand, however, and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. Her touch felt warm and comforting, chasing away the darkness that surrounded them.

"It's time to wake up, Bruce. We're all waiting for you," She said softly.

'Mom?' He tried to reach out to her, but she disappeared into the darkness, leaving Bruce alone once again.

A flash of light pierced through the darkness, temporarily blinding Bruce. When his vision finally adjusted, he found himself staring at a familiar figure...

"Pepper!" He mumbled under his breath. "Did I get back to my previous world?"

He tried to move, but his body refused to respond. Pepper was sitting on the sofa in the living room, flipping through the photo album. A sad smile appeared on her face as she looked at the pictures, reminiscing about happier times.

Bruce tried to call out to her, but his voice failed him. Pepper didn't seem to notice, however, and continued to flip through the album. He could see tears welling up in her eyes as she relived their memories together.

'Pepper, I'm here! Can't you see me?!' He desperately tried to communicate, but it was futile. 'It's me, Tony!'

Bruce struggled to regain control of his body, but it was like his consciousness was trapped within a prison of flesh and bone. He watched helplessly as Pepper closed the album and stood up, wiping away her tears.

He felt as if there was an invisible wall before him, separating him from Pepper. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't break through. Bruce wanted nothing more than to hold her in his arms, to comfort her, but he was powerless to do so. He remember living a life as Tony Stark when he first reincarnated, married to Pepper Potts, yet, why was he seeing this scene now?

Pepper walked out of the living room, leaving him alone once again. He called out to her, but she didn't respond.

"Break! Motherfucker! Which Godly bastard is responsible for this?!" Bruce roared internally, frustrated at his inability to reach Pepper.

Suddenly, the wall before him cracked, revealing a ray of light. He continued to punch and kick at the wall, determined to break free from his prison. With each blow, the cracks grew larger, until finally, the wall shattered into pieces, engulfing Bruce in a bright light...

'Am I back?'

---

AN: Ok, the main power source of MC, as you know all MC needs a little cheat. It would be reveal in the next chapter, and it's big. No System.

---

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 12 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive Patr eon only r18 chapters + exclusive patre on only Originals and Images]

[No double billing] 

152