The leveling system is fudged, and the world-building is ruined.
1.5k 30 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I did the math... And the situation is BAD. I'll save you the annoying calculations and explain.

With the current experience system, a C-rank party from grinding the 30th layer before reaching lvl 100 within a year. And this isn't about going to the dungeon daily but every WEEK. This problem is big enough that I can't fix it without tearing the entire novel from the foundation.

In my setting, a B-grade adventurer can be lvl 93. Get the problem? Yes, overleveling exists, but it doesn't stop the root problem. I suspect that overleveling was the cause of my oversight...

Anyway, the system and world-building just got broken from a logical point of view.

I painfully decide to SCRAP this work... Like my numerous other works. (I am fucking depressed right now)

Yep, it HURTS... Mostly to me.

In any case, if I ever make a litrpg novel again...(Chances are that I WOULD NOT), I would likely do the 10*2^(level-1) formula, and monsters give 2^(level-1) exp... Or something stupid along those lines. Not that most of you care about that.

In any case, doing cheat novels was hard enough as is. It was even harder to go about writing a damn Pokepedia about monsters. I mean, FUCK CALCULATIONS. I should have avoided RPG elements LIKE FIRE. They SUCK. The only merit in levels is that they help you visualize your power level better... Which is redundant and largely inaccurate fluff.

Even worse, do you know how hard it is to write a proper tentacle monster novel? Disgustingly difficult. It was fun, but it became tedious and overloaded my brain with too many foreign details, Monster Girls was also a novel but bad idea... Well, at least I put some smut, so it wasn't a total loss.

Speaking of which, I found all the racial grading, talents, cheats, and whatever else a hassle, and I self-trapped myself in a training arc again. (Though, admittedly, it was much better than last time.)

In any case, yeah, I think scrapping this work is a step forward. In the next novel, I can give the MC a cheat, sure, but he would be like in the Reality Smuggler, an independent man. I plan on rewriting it one last time... Without the system and all that nonsense. Trod would not exist anymore, either.

For starters, the MC... Will not be someone from our world! Rejoice! He will be a veteran adventurer who, after miraculously killing the final boss, drags his dying body to the fragment and dies on it... Making him reincarnate with a new identity. (A bit cliche, but meh)

He would then find that the fragment augments his 'talent' and 'body' as he absorbs the life and souls of others, or what you would call 'ability steal'. Along with it, he could gradually unlock powers from the fragment, which would eventually include Reality Traveling. (Hence the name).

Of course, along with power comes a price... The MC would gradually, and inevitably, find himself... Changing... (More lustful and aggressive, for instance.)

In any case, I will inform you when I am done...

Anyway, thanks for reading thus far.

Cheers!

33